205.8 KB · Views: 3,072

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Hi Jay,
Interesting puctures.
How new is the chipping on the top?
and what is this I have marked on the picture?

Attachments

• DSC_0026.JPG
    DSC_0026.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 2,893
OP
OP
J

jayheazy

Oct 13, 2007
Hey Thom,

I think the chipping on top is recent, it looks fresh. The mark you circled is carved, along with one below it to the right, they have a strange grain to the carving. The crack that runs across the front also had some evidence of tool work. Here is a few more shots.

Attachments

• DSC_0028.JPG
    DSC_0028.JPG
    199.7 KB · Views: 3,487
  • DSC_0032.JPG
    DSC_0032.JPG
    197.5 KB · Views: 2,886
  • DSC_0031.JPG
    DSC_0031.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 2,858

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
It's hard to tell from the pictures as to how big or how heavy the rock is. If possible, it would be interesting to tip it and see what the bottom looks like and if there is anything on it.
Good luck,
Hoss

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
just lookin' at the ridge line beyond the rock and considering the fresh chipping, suppose someone chipped off the part of a ridge outline that he or she might want to have the information themselves only? i hope i said that right. in other words you might be a couple days late?????????????????????? just a thought, so don't hit me too hard.

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10claw said:
just lookin' at the ridge line beyond the rock and considering the fresh chipping, suppose someone chipped off the part of a ridge outline that he or she might want to have the information themselves only? i hope i said that right. in other words you might be a couple days late?????????????????????? just a thought, so don't hit me too hard.
Food for thought...at one of my locations I found pointer rocks...with the pointers chopped off....and rocks that looked intentionally broken.....then an empty hole....Mr Brewer told me that if it is KGC (and I'm not saying that this is) that they left behind signs that the cache had been retrieved....he didnt elaborate what those signs would be.....But hey that is only one possibility out of many....I say keep on the trail and good luck...Steve

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dsty said:
I agree with 10claw's interpretation of the mountain in the background and old dogs tunnel symbol in the circle, shows where and what. Use the map on the rock and the location should get you close. Draw it out on paper/plastic with a sharpie ( the entire face of the rock ) before going over there with a enlarged photo of the rock
Hey dsty...How come your number of post is two?....I have always looked forward to reading your post...and I know that you have posted often....Please keep sharing your years of experience with us....Thanks, Steve

stilldign

Oct 21, 2007
Jay,
Excellent photo's of an excellent boulder/treasure map!!! You can take this one to the bank!!
The first photo shows an "A", possibly and "H." Either way, you're in. Also, there is a "line of information" connecting this "A" or "H" to the very top right part of this boulder and this is where you will end up (it shows a geographical location), this is where your treasure room is located.
Also, the long arm that makes the cross-bar of the "A" or "H" "runs" to the opposite side of this boulder, connecting you with even more information!!!! Very nice !!!!
The fresh break in the top of this boulder is suspicious, possibly done with a bullet, or even natural freezing, done by water getting into a nutural crack and freezing and popping this section off....but it seems too fresh of a break. Look near the base for this piece.
There is a lot more information on this boulder map but, without a doubt, it leads to a treasure room located along this mountain/hills area. The petroglyphs that you speak of may or may not be related to this boulder map. Either way, you have a rich area.
Thanks for sharing!!

hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois
the A shows up nice, is the left top circle also a sign? in the peak of the triangle there seems to b a face with hat on tilted to left. thanks brent

Attachments

• 1 wedgeeee.JPG
    1 wedgeeee.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 2,787
OP
OP
J

jayheazy

Oct 13, 2007
Here is a pic of the back of the rock.

10claw you may be right , about a 1/4 mile from here I found something else. If it is what I think then I am too late for this one. Those pics to are coming.

Stildign what do you make of the carving on the left of this pic?

Attachments

• DSC_0025.JPG
    DSC_0025.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 2,579
OP
OP
J

jayheazy

Oct 13, 2007
Would a turtle have been used as a cache marker on the east coast? Today I found a scattered pile of stones with a hole dug down the middle, and what looks like a removed turtles head on the ground in front of it. I know you guys out west find these all the time, but I have not heard of them in the eastern states. If it is the cache is long gone.

Attachments

• DSC_0016.JPG
    DSC_0016.JPG
    205.3 KB · Views: 2,709

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Never count on the cache being gone just because the turtle head is on the ground.
It could have happened naturally or another THer knocked it off to get that exact reaction from you.
He may also have done it to give himself more time to work unbothered.

OP
OP
J

jayheazy

Oct 13, 2007
I hear you Olddog, I wont rule anything out just yet. I also found more carvings on the river bedrock, including another indian cheif. I will post some more of them later.

Attachments

• DSC_0054.JPG
    DSC_0054.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 2,657

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
dsty said:
Got tired of the constant bickering,

dsty
i saved them not sure ill ever use them, thanks dsty
gotta save everything from here, someone gets PEoed or tired and posts are gone
get a flash drive, just for Tnet or treasure sign type posts

back to OP cool rock/marker, thinking its a marker for?
grave iffy, boundary more likely, if boundary their should be 4 or more
that are similar,if not similar, with the same marks at least
im not a pro so, im prob wrong

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
stildign, thanks for your post on the 'A' or 'H' rock. i'm sorry i did'nt see that to start with- just shows how new i am on signs. look and no-see is common to newbies. if there is red lines in some of my text just ignore it cause i don't know how it gets in and don't know how to get it out. thanks to all the others here too. that is what makes it all interesting to me. tenclaw===

OP
OP
J

jayheazy

Oct 13, 2007
Yesterday was my last day to recon my sites. And this was the last thing I found. I couldnt get a better pic, as the river was to high to cross and the sun was setting quick. I dont think its related, but I wanted to share it any way.

The small stacked stones caught my eye.

Attachments

• DSC_0150.JPG
    DSC_0150.JPG
    222.2 KB · Views: 2,462

stilldign

Oct 21, 2007
Jay,
Thanks for the update on the photos. You have a true treasure room, there is NO DOUBT about it!!! Now, the question is this: "did this room get added to as time went by?" In other words, much like the map that leads to one of General U.S. Grant's (Civil War era) treasure room, in this case, the room used to bury the loot after the looting and plundering of Atlanta, Georgia, (Grant used an existing treasure room that was built during the Colonial Period of America), is their more treasure in this room....treasure accumulated from many, many, decades of use?
Your treasure room may only contain treasure from one source, but it is possible that you have treasures from many other "times in history."
There is more to your signs and symbols, but there is NO DOUBT that you have something major here.
Wait until I get the treasure sign/treasure site phone service set up (a week or less) and we can talk in person.

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
i inverted the colors on the last pic and a bear shows up- or am i losing my eyesight. somebody else take a good look and get back with what you see. thanks=== tenclaw===

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions