Map yard

RockHopper2

Nov 22, 2009
Fletcher, OK
A few months ago I think it was Rangler, made a post about measuring off one rock to others in degrees and distances to find all the mines and caches in a given area. I believe this is what he was refering to. The pic was taken with a cell phone, won't zoom very well. So any comments are welcome. RockHopper2.

Attachments

• Owl.jpg
    Owl.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 469
OP
OP
RockHopper2

RockHopper2

Nov 22, 2009
Fletcher, OK
Thanks guy's for your comments. I first learned about this type site by reading Ranglers post, Treasure signs and symbols 101 on this page. My son and I just flat stumbled on to this one,we'll go back when the sun gets higher for more info. That long rock in the uper left is a duck head with a pick shape eye, lots more in the photo. RH2

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could that be considered a turtle headbutting your owl?

OP
OP
RockHopper2

RockHopper2

Nov 22, 2009
Fletcher, OK
Might be Shortstack, there's a lot of information within 30 yrds of the owl. I should mention that the duck is two rocks, from this angle it looks like a duck, but when you move around them they change to something else. RH2

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed that the duck's bill is pointing to that round headed rock in the far upper righthand corner. Reminds me of a Toltec head peeping around that big green bush. I wonder how that rounded puppy would look at certain times of the day. Too, someone wrote in another post that the trail usually went in the opposite way that the duck was looking (in a duck monument), so.............as you said, a real busy place. :laughing7: Looks like fun. :thumbsup: Well, those Oklahoma summers aren't "fun", but your project will be.

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Have you had a closer look at this area? Carvings? Shadow signs?

Attachments

• Owl.jpg
    Owl.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 326

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rrazrr said:
looks like the toltec head looks at a toltec head laying behind owl...

THAT could be what the duck is actually pointing to. The guy behind the bush is watching over his "fallen" comrade. :icon_scratch: And the fallen guy is looking at the owl...........which is in the opposite direction than the duck is looking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread