Ideas on this one???

mannings

Feb 4, 2006
Posted in another thread but not sure who does (or doesn't) stay involved in Old Dog's topic.

The first two pics are side-by-side at lowest and most right corner of panel.
The sketch is there to represent the, seemingly, main part of the panel. (poor pic is reason for sketch)
Last pic is a more broad area of the formation that houses the panel.
The highest part of the panel is approx 9' off the ground.
Thanks!

Attachments

• eye.jpg
    eye.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 520
  • grid.jpg
    grid.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 518
  • map2.jpg
    map2.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 514
  • maprock.jpg
    maprock.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 520
  • eye.jpg
    eye.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 508
  • grid.jpg
    grid.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 526
  • map2.jpg
    map2.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 506
  • maprock.jpg
    maprock.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 518

rrazrr

Mar 4, 2010
Bisbee, AZ
The first 2 pics are very similar to ogam. The multiple squares stood for the sun. The book "America, B>C>" has both those lines of the first pic and the multiple squares in it. Both have beeen found in other parts of US. But, thats just a posssibility you might want to look at. Actually, it's just another perspective. I'm sure not saying thats what it is.

OP
OP
mannings

mannings

Feb 4, 2006
Thanks for the suggestions.

Don't know anything about the Ogam writings / angle and will have to educate myself.

Also, not well versed in looking for shadows. I took these photo's at the wrong time of day (I believe) as it was around 4pm.
I don't believe there are any drill holes, planning to go back today for better pics. Hippo on top of formation? Will also take a pic of the coolest hoyo I've ever seen (which is only a few hundred yards away).

rrazrr

Mar 4, 2010
Bisbee, AZ
definetly pay attention to dsty about those signs he's telling you about. You can learn alot from dsty. As for ogam and ancients here, get the book "America B.C." by Barry Fell. Most libraries have it. Nice finds, good luck

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Great find. The old and weathered 'concentric circles' symbol, to me, is the key to this site. Where I've found the same thing here in NM, they are always very much older and very much more weathered, and always near a considerable number of other newer petroglyphs. I believe that it represents a symbol of recognition, like a trail marker of sorts, something for later folks to seek out - a verification. The other nearby carvings had meaning to their creators too of course, but you'll have difficulty figuring it out. If it were me, I'd look for similar concentric circles in the area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread