Obvious Turtle..OR....(pics added...updated)

OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
Shortstack said:
CH,
I think that large helmet headed figure is waaaay older than Native American influence.

Consider this muse. What if, the large figure represents a knight and the little feller is his squire? If you remember
many of the theories to be found in this section, there is one that fits pretty well with THIS monument.

a hint or point in the right direction kind sir? This forum is hyoooge :) the ancient ones thread??

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstack said:
CH,
I think that large helmet headed figure is waaaay older than Native American influence.

Consider this muse. What if, the large figure represents a knight and the little feller is his squire? If you remember
many of the theories to be found in this section, there is one that fits pretty well with THIS monument.
Which human lineage could be older than Native American influence?

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Mike,
You are really starting to see things. I'm not as surprised as I am tickled.
Good call.

One thing to remember is wher you find the ancient stuff ... the Spanish were on it.
and NEVER far behind.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CheathamHill said:
Shortstack said:
CH,

a hint or point in the right direction kind sir? This forum is hyoooge :) the ancient ones thread??

CH,
Stay in this section and drop down to the thread by rangler entitled "The Land of Ophir and the Ancients Ones". THAT will be your starting point. The reason I recommend this thread as well as all of rangler's other posts, is because he has THOUROUGHLY researched his subject and has some very good reasoning to support his theories. You will note the mention of the Knights Templar.............there is your hint.
Now, there are, perhaps 3 posters on the forum who are totally negative on this train of thought. Please, form your own opinion based of the presented information and your own research. :thumbsup:

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Dog said:
Mike,
You are really starting to see things. I'm not as surprised as I am tickled.
Good call.

One thing to remember is wher you find the ancient stuff ... the Spanish were on it.
and NEVER far behind.
Thanks OldDog. For every one thing I see, I wonder how many others I have missed. My background is in troubleshooting fiber optic and copper networks. Logical thinking with concrete evidence is how I complete my work. It is often very complicated, with things missing from the recipe. However, they are known ingredients. Any fault in the connectivity could be from a half dozen or more causes, or multiple causes simoultaneously. I just ask questions of the customers, and use their answers to fill in the blanks. The customers almost always know the WHAT but, rarley do they know the WHY.

The neat thing about what I do is work with missing information. The problem with sign is that there are so many obscure or missing clues that are not in my vocabulary and I just can't ask the guy who made them. Now that is a butt kicker. ;) I am DEFINITELY not the guy to PM for specific answers, I'll say that.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Mike,
There seems to be a group that has slipped through the cracks as far as history goes.
They were here as far back as 3,000 years ago.
Many think that the Phoenicians are the people that need to be looked into farther.
The ancient things I find have a definite Middle Eastern flavor to them.

The older monuments are a mystery at best. Some of them are so big you will miss them.
The eye needs to open farther to see a lot of them.
To give you an Idea here is one that encompasses an entire outcrop, (the whole thing, not just part)
Look at the trees next to it and decide for yourself how big it is.

Attachments

• crossbow 08_2 005.jpg
    crossbow 08_2 005.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 635
  • crossbow 08_2 006.jpg
    crossbow 08_2 006.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 633
  • crossbow 08_2 005.jpg
    crossbow 08_2 005.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 639
  • crossbow 08_2 006.jpg
    crossbow 08_2 006.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 622

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Dog said:
Mike,
There seems to be a group that has slipped through the cracks as far as history goes.
They were here as far back as 3,000 years ago.
Many think that the Phoenicians are the people that need to be looked into farther.
The ancient things I find have a definite Middle Eastern flavor to them.

The older monuments are a mystery at best. Some of them are so big you will miss them.
The eye needs to open farther to see a lot of them.
To give you an Idea here is one that encompasses an entire outcrop, (the whole thing, not just part)
Look at the trees next to it and decide for yourself how big it is.
First off, someone's BIG PICTURE is really widening my page!! I gotta travel 4 miles to the east to find the qoute/reply button. Please adjust the post so that the image tag falls onto a new line. Hopefully that will fix it.

I see the image immediately and it certainly is huge. But, how is it safe to say that a group of people actually went through that kind of effort to make a marker that could be seen for miles around. Would that not just tip people off? I would think there needs to be more information (on a much smaller scale, such as panels or maps) that are hand carved near the base of it. Or, is the information already part that particular landmark, with no panels or markings necessary?

That is the problem problem I am having with accepting such monolithic representations. It's not that I can't believe some of them to be intentional. It's that if it was me that needed a marker, I would map out the location of the next one, and on a smaller scale.

That type of marking system seems rather crude and barbaric to me. The use of a compass and measured lines would seem to be much less exhausting method of trail marking. If the group that made the markings did not have compasses then huge crude markers would be one logical choice. As technology advances and tools become more precise, out devices become much smaller.

End of ramble ;)

rrazrr

Mar 4, 2010
Bisbee, AZ
There's a book called "America B.C." that documents when the celts, iberians, pheonicians, etc were here and where they have documented they were. Includes lots of pics and alot of info on the ancients.

okey dokey

Mar 23, 2009
Muskogee
BIT,
Most of your questions can be answered on the Ancient ones thread. Quick note: the reason why the ancient markers are so big and obvious is because they were marking them for themselves and maybe a few future visitors. There weren't any s/s educated groups around to worry about.
The Phonecians buried their cache and thousands of years later the Spanish followed their easy to read signs, dug them up, and relocated them with smaller and more deceptive signs.
Okey dokey

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rrazrr,
I found copies of that book at reasonable prices on Amazon.com My copy will be coming in this week. :thumbsup:

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
okey dokey said:
BIT,
Most of your questions can be answered on the Ancient ones thread. Quick note: the reason why the ancient markers are so big and obvious is because they were marking them for themselves and maybe a few future visitors. There weren't any s/s educated groups around to worry about.
The Phonecians buried their cache and thousands of years later the Spanish followed their easy to read signs, dug them up, and relocated them with smaller and more deceptive signs.
Okey dokey
Thanks. That makes a great deal of sense. I have never heard that the Phonecians had been here but, I hadn't heard about the Celts either. I did know of the Vikings and onward. I have new ground to explore. Thanks again.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
okey dokey said:
BIT,
Okey dokey

Well done Larry,
The ancient stuff is close to 3,000 years old to start with.
I keep preaching this, (thanks for listening)
The Spanish sent expediditions into this country looking for Cibola.
We have maps in the local Museum that show our area as the target spot.
You all know they never found it, but they never quit looking.
When they did find these ancient caches, they did move them Im sure.
However these caches were most likely huge, and were not able to move them all at once..
They would have stashed the ballance left over for a later trip.

OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
Re: Obvious Turtle..OR....UPDATED 4/16 MORE TURTLES AND A GIANT HEAD

went back to the site this week....found some more areas of interest. The first picture is the original turtle from the opposite side....still looks like the turtle to me...this time the face appears for clearly

turtle2.JPG

This one is another turtle..I've seen it and photographed it before but I got closer to it this time

turtle1.JPG

Ok, this find blew my mind...it's what appears to be a huge head that has rolled down from somewhere above...i walked up to it to photo from different angles...if you have trouble seeing it, it is a mans face looking to the side with mouth partially open, complete with an ear canal and everything haha..but this thing is VERY large and quite obvious a head...it was almost spooky finding the thing...any have any opinions on it?

head1.JPG

head2.JPG

I also have close up pictures of the large figure with the smaller one that i posted last week,,,also very interesting and will be posted soon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread