mannings

Feb 4, 2006

Attachments

• turtle.jpg
    turtle.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 1,295

tertiaryjim

Aug 5, 2008
Looks like a duck forming the bridge or top of the eye. I see faces everywhere. Dont know if its due to the picture quality or if I've just reached that stage. Many are looking to your position or a bit to your right as you took the pic. Is there more to see in that direction or are they telling you that you are in the right place to see something about the turtle ? Jim

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After playing with Photoshop to bring out some contrast, this is what I've come up with. That figure in the lower right hand corner I labeled as a poor man's Fleur deliease MIGHT be 2 "h"s instead.

turtle Merged.jpg

grillz

Aug 2, 2009
I see the turtles tail but no legs or feet. Are there any legs or feet present? If not, Oh boy!

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Bill for the time you spent on Mannings turtle, however, there is no need
to circle and mark graffitte manmade or mother nature made, as we are looking for
the Classic Spanish Treasure Signs, not musings..as some may be confused by paying
attention to the background camo rather than just marking the true signs. I think if
you do that your learning curve will go up and you will contribute much to the newer
members of this forum. thanks for understanding in advance
hope this helps everyone
rangler
Here it worked out better to reverse the pic and then look at the negitive image as per Old Dog!
turtle mannings marker rangler.jpg

this monuments seems to be of the later era when they made the monuments more subtle - and here we have the minimum number of signs to confirm an alpha, ie 5
stay on track trackers - ignore the camo marks, look for the classic signs
only trying to help
rangler

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”
Buddha quotes (Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.)

“A good friend who points out mistakes and imperfections is to be respected as if he reveals a secret of hidden treasure.”
Buddha

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tag modern graffiti and label it as such to insure no newbies mistake it for something else. Many modern signs look "old" so as extra insurance, I tag them. And, as I've stated repeatedly, I mark everything I see for the record. Then, trail followers can sift through them and decide what's useful and what isn't. Not everyone is as smart as you.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Nice catch on those drill hole ss. I bet they look like the eyes and nose of a bear face in the right light. The last time I saw shallow drill holes like that it was on a flat surface about oh...40-80 feet from what to me looked like a overnight stash hole.

I thought perhaps they were used for survey type of activity before or after the signs were layed down rather than indicating a triangle layout.

Some day I may be able to reach that triangle, 300-400 years later, it is pretty dangerous to get to it... and it would be interesting to measure it..and the distance to the presumed over night stash hole.

The turtles head may not be the part with the duck..but the protusion closer to the turtle body sort of to the left and under of the duck hoyo. Pehraps there is a single eye drillhole on that head.

That raised area looks interesting too.

But if this is all I had to go off, I guess I would be take a look right and down for further info.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
bill
I tag modern graffiti and label it as such to insure no newbies mistake it for something else. Many modern signs look "old" so as extra insurance, I tag them. And, as I've stated repeatedly, I mark everything I see for the record. Then, trail followers can sift through them and decide what's useful and what isn't..

Your intentions might be honorable - but your making a huge mistake - marking everything - you see..
OD and I have repeatably said, "use some discrimination" in your markings, you are not helping...by magnifying the stuff we are trying to teach people to ignore or learn thru, your hindering that!

If you seriously want to help, and I think you do..then JUST circle and tag the Classic Spanish Signs!!
Try that for a while, the graffiti will be there forever....let it go for awhile, and you will see your ability to read signs just as good as my own!
hoping to help - you are challenged Bill, to just let the graffiti to fade into the background where it belongs!!!
rangler

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. subtle is definitely the word.

turtle mannings marker rangler.jpg

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real cool rock! THis will keep you up nights.......go to google Earth and see if there are any other rocks like this one in the
direction turtle is looking.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
There you go shortstack you have your first recruit for the school of fractals..
see how it works, you mark the graffiti - you get people who see the grafitti......
you mark the real signs you get people who see real signs,, perfect !
what a wonderful life,...
rangler

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstack said:
I tag modern graffiti and label it as such to insure no newbies mistake it for something else. Many modern signs look "old" so as extra insurance, I tag them. And, as I've stated repeatedly, I mark everything I see for the record. Then, trail followers can sift through them and decide what's useful and what isn't. Not everyone is as smart as you.

ibid

rangler, did it ever occur to you that those other marks and symbols MIGHT very well be an open "diary of record" put there by Spanish crews who later followed the trails to the deposits / mines?? Not all, of course, because some are obviously 20 th century type crap put there by thoughtless people putting their "brand" on everything in sight. As I've pointed out several times, THAT is why I believe in marking everything and tagging them. To attempt to separate the old and the new to give folks a good foundation to work from.

I know you don't care for "muses", but here's one anyway.............I wonder if perhaps some local Native Americans watched the trail makers doing their thing and came in afterward to duplicate some of those marks in attempts to confuse late arrivals. After all, they had learned the hard way that when those groups came into the country nothing good would happen.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Bill,
Please don't take offense but...
native americans didn't mess with things that confused them.
They did however watch and wait, and when the cache was retrieved they did take it and re-hide it.
this has happened many times to legend. It has driven many modern treasure hunters nuts trying to locate the gold relocated.

Mostly because the signs and symbols are so very different.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No offense taken, Thom. That was purely a wondering thought that could have gone up, down, or sideways. LOL
I've read that early on, the Indians had no use for the "yellow rocks" until they learned how much the Euro-whites and Spanish folks valued them. Then, they trade some for cloth, trinkets, and tools like good knives. That's one of the ways they got the wrong kind of attention from the greedy newcomers.

Anyway, Old Dog, what do you think about the possibility of the later Spanish putting more marks on some of the trail markers / monuments as a "travel" record; something to record how many times a particular trail was utilized by the "rightful" owners. Tally sheets; in other words.

DANG. I just realized something. That "pooping poodle" in one of BIT's photos could have been put there by a follow on crew who were showing what they thought the King's Fifth really was. The King getting a fifth for doing NOTHING was as if he was crapping on them. ROFLMBFAO !!!!! Wouldn't that fit the Jesuit's train of thought? After all, some of the history says that they were a conniving bunch looking after their own interests.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
rangler, did it ever occur to you that those other marks and symbols MIGHT very well be an open "diary of record" put there by Spanish crews who later followed the trails to the deposits / mines?? Not all, of course, because some are obviously 20 th century type crap put there by thoughtless people putting their "brand" on everything in sight. As I've pointed out several times, THAT is why I believe in marking everything and tagging them. To attempt to separate the old and the new to give folks a good foundation to work from.

Lots of things occur to me Bill, one of them is you are absolutely hooked on marking rocks, and really you could care less what you mark. You don't give a hoot about 'dairy's'. fractals , graffiti, or real Spanish Colonial Treasure or Trail Markers, you sit there with your box of crayons, like you were in a rubber room and just mark away to your hearts content. Thinking you are being of some help to folks, a prep sheet for other to have a foundation to work from.

When nothing is further from the truth!!. You are hindering and confusing people is what you are doing. Not sure if it is innocent right now. I will give you the benefit of the doubt..for now.. but if you persist on marking crap for so long and now go to such extreme lengths to defend it, that it makes us all suspect you motives.

Your flailing around like a madman, trying every excuse you can - to defend pareidolia.
It is why I call it a virus. IT is insidious and contagious. Calling nature graffiti marks possible entries in a 'rock diary' of the Spanish is grasping at straws, Bill, Please step back and take a look where the defending of graffiti is pushing you ..you're almost at the edge.

Just because you think you see some recognizable shape looking back at you on the rock , does not mean it is really there! The human brain can be fooled, as the Jesuits knew -
they used that to their advantage. You are a victim of that...as you go along all this time still under its influence..seeing and marking rocks - while under the influence of pariedolia.

Cloud reading is childish, especially once you have been instructed differently, and childish if you persist on trying to gain 'converts' others them to see and to hear your defenses and get them on board the idea of 'no matter what you THINK you see... you see...therefore it is real..

The more you mark graffiti - you more lead people astray - your posts should be followed with the following disclaimer......

!!"WARNING READING GRAFFITI[size=9pt]
LEADS YOU AWAY FROM THE TRUE TREASURE SIGNS''!! [/size]

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As big as this rock is, I would think it is meant to be seen from a far distance. Once you arrive at this rock, then the direction of
Turtle head points to another marker. I would venture it would be quite a distance away.
I do fine the "Diamond" rock interesting. I would want to follow the 4 lines from it and see if any other markers appear along the way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread