Pioneer scribble or something ELSE? (pics of find updated)

mannings

Feb 4, 2006

Attachments

• paint a rock.jpg
    paint a rock.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 2,622
  • paint rock.jpg
    paint rock.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 2,643
  • paint 2a rock.jpg
    paint 2a rock.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 2,583
  • paint 2 rock.jpg
    paint 2 rock.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 2,578
OP
OP
mannings

mannings

Feb 4, 2006
Re: Pioneer scribble or something ELSE?

Thanks OD. I assume an anchor? (sorry, not very good at this yet)

If anchor is to what you were referring, the only meaning I know is of the early Christian church, am I off?

Thanks again!

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005

Possible right foot of a turtle. Or marking an area of water courses from that point. Any dry or wet rivers, creeks, swamps in the area ?

itmaiden

mannings said:

If anchor is to what you were referring, the only meaning I know is of the early Christian church, am I off?

Thanks again!

rrazrr

Mar 4, 2010
Bisbee, AZ

here's maybe a few more clues

Attachments

• paint 2 rock.jpg
    paint 2 rock.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 2,527
OP
OP
mannings

mannings

Feb 4, 2006

itmaiden said:
Possible right foot of a turtle. Or marking an area of water courses from that point. Any dry or wet rivers, creeks, swamps in the area ?

itmaiden

There is a spring very nearby (couple hundred yards). A small stream.

mannings said:

Thanks again!

OP
OP
mannings

mannings

Feb 4, 2006

This is the panel from a small distance.

Attachments

• rock11.jpg
    rock11.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 2,478

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You get back to back 'j's when the symbol is turned upside down. There is another post on this board with the exact same symbol. Jesse James perhaps? And let us not Rorschach this photo set to death. There are definite symbols here so let us just try to help figure them out, ja?

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

Good catch Mike,
I'm just seeing things in here that have alarms going off.
Definitly not Spanish totally, some , yes ...
a lot of the Spanish stuff was relocated by the KGC and added to.
especially their maps.

OP
OP
mannings

mannings

Feb 4, 2006

Okay, nothing worse than a novice REACHING, right? Anyways, using my imagination and Rangler's posts re: Stilldign, I had the unusual coincidence.

"1886" has dots/periods in unusual places. I therefore thought, "maybe not a year." If "6" can mean final, I looked to the bible for "1" being Genesis, "8" chapter, "8" verse, I was surprised as I read (because of the entirety of the panel) to see this is where Noah sent the dove out and returned with the olive twig. Above???

By the way, adjacent to the hill encompassing the panel is a low area. On Google Earth I see 3 large and perfect circles (matching those on the panel???) that you cannot recognize "on the ground."

Lastly, this panel is less than 1/4 mile from those posted by me prior that look much more Spanish (to me) and from a much earlier time period (again, my opinion).

Thanks all!

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Old Dog said:
Good catch Mike,
I'm just seeing things in here that have alarms going off.
Definitly not Spanish totally, some , yes ...
a lot of the Spanish stuff was relocated by the KGC and added to.
especially their maps.
Interesting tactic and concept OldDog. I see how that can make a 10 mile walk last several years ;) There is definitely a lot going on. Some tag art, scribbling, and also some sign mixed in with the Tom Foolery.

I am interested specifically in the triangle dimples at the bottom center of the panel and the ones at the top right. Mannings mentioned three anomalies on the ground. Seemingly there is a relationship. I would like to see a GE image from about 1000-1500', or so. If you can manage that, make SURE, you cut off the navigation information at the bottom using a graphics program. I've seen that mistake made.

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't find them to be related. I see two circular indentations on the ground. Not three. Something else on the panel may relate to the two triangles. Or, there may be signs elsewhere leading to those clues.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

Best advise is to watch for drill holes on this one.
They will be a determining factor to finding this one.

The drill holes will give you distance and direction,
don't laugh it's true. Depth X width = distance
notch= direction
letters= numbers (added together =total X pii)((Pii =3.14159)) equals compass bearing (see http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,302113.0.html ) to get the true compas bearing.)

Not trying to be cryptic boys and girls just giving a recipee that works now as well as it worked in the 1800s when it was used.

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I try to rememer where I have seen certain symbols so that I can pass them along to others. Seeing the same, or similar, symbols from different parts of the same country is a way to instill the validity of common usage into our minds. I think it helps us wrap our minds around the possibility of different groups 'recycling' other groups' symbols'. Here ya go mannings.

I vote dreamcatcher, not olive branch. I still have one that my wife and I made 15 years ago. Here is a link to the information followed by an excerpt.
http://www.native-languages.org/dreamcatchers.htm
dream3.jpg

Dreamcatchers are an authentic American Indian tradition, from the Ojibway (Chippewa) tribe. Ojibway people would tie sinew strands in a web around a small round or tear-shaped frame--in a somewhat similar pattern to how they tied webbing for their snowshoes--and hang this "dream-catcher" as a charm to protect sleeping children from nightmares. The legend is that the bad dreams will get caught in the web. Traditionally Native American dreamcatchers are small (only a few inches across) and made of bent wood and sinew string with a feather hanging from the netting...................

Your feather is hanging from the handle but, I still say dreamcatcher.....for now.

http://okietreasurehunter.blogspot.com/2008/05/spanish-sun-shadow-signs.html
MGI+PhotoSuite+4+Wallpaper.BMP

I also changed the saturation of the image and put on a few tweaks to make the whole thing bolder. This is what I came up with. Also, I have been told that an open mouth speaks of something very near by. A mine or? A cache perhaps? I saw the terrain. I saw the huge boulder in the area. A perfect place to shove something under a rock and cover it with sand.

Courtesy of Thom, topic #16.
index.php

Attachments

• mannings mod1.jpg
    mannings mod1.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 2,353
  • mannings mod2.jpg
    mannings mod2.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 2,315

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Also, three dots or circles like yours mean 3 caves or 3 varas. Measure the distance between the dots, and from the center of the dots to the center of the box. Also, the slanted line over the dots means 'divide' or it indicates direction. Since the box box prolly represents a chest on a hillside and the face tells that there is a cache or mine to the left, maybe you divide the distances you measured, between the box and the dots, by three? I think the slant represents divide because there is already notation of direction indicated by the face. The slant would be redundant if it meant 'direction'. I could be way off.

OP
OP
mannings

mannings

Feb 4, 2006

Thanks again Blind. Incidentally, left seems the least likely spot of all directions from the spot (not because of the signs, but because of the general terrain. When you say measure distance between the dots, do you mean between the two sets? (each set of dots are only about an inch apart from one another) Also, I assume by "box" you mean the square with the two symbols inside?

By the way, I realize these are simply guesses / thoughts / suggestions, just want to be sure what the guesses are. ;D

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't yet know what to make of everything on that map stone. At first I thought maybe it was on a wall but, why would BY put his initials upside down? Then I saw your shoe in the photograph. I realize now it is a flat rock and you are standing on it. Since the shadows of the marks are perpendicular to the line, above the three circled dots, it must be pointing north/south. As I stated before, I think you need to follow that line over the dots. Those symbols are for three varas or three caves. There is an open mouth pointing the way. Ask OldDog. He would be better at this than I am.

Get a lensatic compass, lay it on the stone at one end of the line symbol. Line up the sight wire, in the lid, with that line symbol. Once it is lined up, sight the most distant object or feature possible. Note that feature and the heading. Start walking in that direction, even if the terrain is rough. Every now and then, while walking, sight the wire onto the target to keep a straight path using the collected heading.

If I had something to hide and it was enough for me to carry over rough terrain, I would do it. Especially if that something were gold and/or silver. Even in this day and age, two saddle bags full of gold coin and some gems would keep a guy in the green for a minute.

I think the JT Morse stuff may be adding to the confusion or possibly a different map altogether. I am prolly wrong cuz I am a noob. But, I don't see anyone else tryin' ta help ya crack it. What have you got to lose?

Did you check out J.T. Morse? His brother was a banker in Ny. Interesting..........The family was into merchant shipping..........seems to me like the symbol around Morse's name was made by a compass. Those are a fine pair of concentric arcs. A dot sourrounded by two circles with rays means rich minerals directly below. Or so they say. You have a lot going on there.

The signs in the box look like they were made by an illiterate Viking or an cheap imposter. IMO.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

Think before you go and dig an empty hole.
First off it's work, ...
you could use this energy looking for the drill holes and land marks that will actually lead you to something.
You have a code working here. there is no J.T. Morse.
Look at all the stop marks in the writing ... periods. they separate letters.
Start figuring out which is a letter and which is a number and what they apply to.
Two letters together then a period, another letter then another period then more letters.
This combination says bible verse. Book, Chapter and verse

Something to consider.
I won't solve it ... But I'll give you enough clues.
see what you can get from here.

To answer an email question. Yes, it is KGC.

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'll try to help him solve it because I need the practice. There was a J.T. Morse and his brothe rwas from Ny. Whether or not it is the same person I read about remains to be seen. I certainly can't argue with Thom. I just throw out ideas as I learn them. Everyone says that the KGC modified other peoples' signs.

But since I troubleshoot for a living, I keep all information, about customer issues, close at hand. I never know when a piece of useless information, I have found, is going to come back later and make sense.

Keep at it mannings!!

UPDATE: Dang!! It ain't J.T. Morse. It's JIM. Even spacing between j i m. The vertical lines at each end of the upper crossbar give a 'T' appearance. The dots are Morse code? The double r/double j means Jesse James was here? I understand he did work the OST.

OP
OP
mannings

mannings

Feb 4, 2006

Thom: Thanks for the add'l advice.

Blind: Thanks for the encouragement! I have been playing with every combination as far as letters / numbers, significance of dots, significance of letters "underlined" etc etc. Appreciate your thoughts.
As far as how you came up with 32.5??? You tell me! LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread