Has anyone read this guys work?

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Re: Has anyone read this guy's work?

My thoughts are you should never give locations or critical signs to some yahoo you don't know.

OP
OP
Blind.In.Texas

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thom,

I wasn't sure what to make of your response. I just writing a pm to ask for clarification. Then I suddenly remembered that the guy offered help at the end of every article. I believe your statement to sum up your opinion, if I may be so bold. Thanks for spotting that. Sending him any info would have been a big time noob mistake, I think, and not that I was going to. If he has solved that many maps, think of all the unsolved maps he has. People sending in their signs from around the country and him just sitting there filling in his blanks.

Mike

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

Sonds a lot like a pirate doesn't he.

Send him the info and he will go out and get it.
Gee ... thanks a lot.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

QUOTE: If you believe you have found Knights of the Golden Circle Treasure Map Signs, and feel you need an expert to assist the deciphering of the code please email below...........

:icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: "And the checks' in the mail." :laughing7: An expert is defined as "a fool who's a LOOOOOONG way from home." ;D

I wonder how may gullable folks have responded to that invite.

OP
OP
Blind.In.Texas

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Shortstack said:
QUOTE: If you believe you have found Knights of the Golden Circle Treasure Map Signs, and feel you need an expert to assist the deciphering of the code please email below...........

:icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: "And the checks' in the mail." :laughing7: An expert is defined as "a fool who's a LOOOOOONG way from home." ;D

I wonder how may gullable folks have responded to that invite.
I feel like he posted interesting information. I'm not sure how useful it all is. As my education is s/s continues I will realize more and more which authors are consistant with oter authors. However, I seem to recall a post about Johnathan Swift and some intials over Cherokee inscriptions. Melancon's account of context and sign modification made me remember the instance. Interesting anyway.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oh, I agree that his information sounds good and useable. But, I wonder how much of this info he put together from his own research and exploration and how much he plagiarized. As an example, whenever I post some information, I always give the background of where and from whom I get it. I didn't see any such references given in those articles on that site. I DID see his claim of being a PhD and being in several different job areas. Kinda like a "jack of all trades and a master of none" situation.

Basically, has Dr. John actually been into the field taking pictures and measurements like you, Old Dog, Desertmoons, kidrock, rangler, and several others? Or has he sat back and trolled for everything he writes about? The answer to THAT question would tell us a whole lot.

10claw

Aug 16, 2009

what bugs me most is the part about all the sopissticamacated- sopissicated new fangled deep lookin machines that see erything
that may be only xray vision for someones billfold. ;D

uthunter

Sep 7, 2010
Cache County, Utah

For being a expert professional, with all that schooling, you would think he had knowledge of spell check. His bad spelling, use of incorrect words are horrendous, that tells me he is not all that professional.

I would never think of posting articles like that without proofreading everything first. In my opinion, he is no expert, and not very esteemed, at least in my book.

Other than the above, his info is very interesting.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mike,

I have never heard of "DR" Melancon. For the best info on KGC (as far as I have found) are Dr Roy Roush and Hillbilly Bob Brewer.

Best-Mike

OP
OP
Blind.In.Texas

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gollum said:
Mike,

I have never heard of "DR" Melancon. For the best info on KGC (as far as I have found) are Dr Roy Roush and Hillbilly Bob Brewer.

Best-Mike
HBBB lives about 10 miles from a friend of mine. They know each other really well. Have for years. I'll get meet him next time I'm that way, if I want to.

As far as Melancon goes, I wouldn't trust him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread