Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Dog said:
Hi oddrock,
Welcome to the forum.

I have posted this before,
and as stated before, we have found pivot stones of round worn river rocks that were used as "movers".
As well as piles of similar sized logs that were used as lifters to move these stones.
These Spaniards may have been simple in their ways, they were mentally agile and smart.

Here is a fellow who has it figured out and explains it well.

http://j-walkblog.com/index.php?/weblog/posts/moving_big_rocks
I love confirmations.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oddrock said:
I would guess the larger rocks could be Spanish Trail markers. The rock setting up on smaller rocks is typical of a "dolmen" and some are scattered across other countries. If you can see daylight underneath the bigger rock of the dolmen I would look through and see if anything lines up, and go check that out. The head in pic no. three is similar to several I have found. Is the mark to the left side under what might be a headband carved into the rock deeper than the other lines? (maybe 2 snakes crossed?)

According to a book I've just begun to read, dolmen are of Celtic origins. There are many found through out Europe and even down in Syria. The type in this photo is of the type called cromlech because the capstone is not flat, like a table, but hemispherical and MASSIVE. Supposedly two of America's largest are the 90 ton one at North Salem, New York and a 50 ton one at Lynn, Massachusetts. Dolmen were supposedly constructed to mark some great event.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
The more i look..if it were me I would be spending a fair amount of time checking the local news before i moved on.
Good luck.

OP
OP
T

trailseeker4

Mar 21, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Pin Pointer Pro
Desertmoons,
the problem is it appears to be more like the New York times rather than the local news for me
ts4

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Oh I know that feeling so very well! And its both a great feeling to be involved in complex puzzle solving and at times frustrating.

You have to try to pick out the key things from all the clutter. Studying the other threads here helps. Checking out kenworthy's books was illuminating to me.

You know it is a hub of sort. Perhaps there is a campground around. If so..well they stayed overnight and surely did not leave the animals loaded overnight.

OP
OP
T

trailseeker4

Mar 21, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Pin Pointer Pro
Desert moons,
I believe it is a very large hub . I do have Kenworthys books and I agree with you they are very good. I also have Calvin Keys it seems to help confirm Kenworthys and add to it.This web site seems to cover so much it seems to be helping a lot.

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III; Garrett Master Hunter;2009 Minelab Explorer SE Pro; Quantro Discovery Land Tone Magetometer 1A;
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trailseeker4

As someone said above your first rock was to be seen from a distance.

If you will notice you have a number of rocks with either faces or have points on the end that surround your large obvious rock.

Each face and pointer stone is pointing you in the direction of your next stone marker. When you see large markers like these it means you are on a trail of some importance, but you are not near the source or where it is pointing. The stones that look like animals or faces gives you a good chance to be on a Royal Trail. When they turn into smaller pointer it means you are getting close to the thing of importance.

if you are on a trail of pointer stones that are relatively small and you haven't seen a good carved animal or head you are probably on a trail taking you from one general location to another.

Remember though that all rocks point to something or away from something. If you are unfamiliar with the location it does not hurt to check out both locations. Some times you run into amazing things!

In regards to death traps: I have noticed on here a lot of people like to think any rock that looks like it can fall down is a death trap, well that is true. Any rock that can fall over can be a death trap, but not neccessarily put there by man. Death traps are generally found only in locations where you are getting close to a treasure, and they will take you out before you can identify them if you are not very wary. The obvious are not the ones you need to be scared of, but those difficult to discern are your most dangerous.

Ecominer

hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois
might be combination of items in the pic,but this looks like guy staring out over valley.

Attachments

• Blackwell Ridge Monument 4 trailseeker41.JPG
    Blackwell Ridge Monument 4 trailseeker41.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 1,092

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
trailseeker4! My 2 cents Bro,, I see a figure on his knees kissing the ground and he has a golden face! Also his eye seems to be closed,, the line to the right of the blue eye I marked! I would say you are very, very close Bro,, study the other spots but take extra time with this spot, especially the markings on it and the smaller stones and greenery surrounding it!! Much Luck, Amigo! td What would a man be thinking if he is kissing the ground? This is it??

HA!! FORGOT TO POST THE PIC!!!!

Attachments

• 634 KNEELING KISS.JPG
    634 KNEELING KISS.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,032

DoveFeather

Apr 18, 2010
Tesoro dog;
I see what you are telling us very well, I have always thought this was a treasure yard, this monument can't be seen from any direction till you are at the spot. very interesting about the kissing the ground, about 1000 feet below on a cliff is a 3-D carving od a Spaniard kissing a turtle, his eye is covered with a mask that is a flying eagle carring a rabbit, his forhead is the snout of a mule looking up. I think it is very interesting.
DoveFeather

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
DoveFeather!! Exactly,, the rabbit spends his time foraging and looking out for predators, in this case there was no hole, ( POZO ) nearby he could escape into ( PATCH NO SEE ) so the eagle snatched him!! And the mules snout tells you which way to go! The kissing man might also be a turtle, man kiss turtle, turtle kiss ground! HA! Godd LucK!! td

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
tesoro dog said:
DoveFeather!! Exactly,, the rabbit spends his time foraging and looking out for predators, in this case there was no hole, ( POZO ) nearby he could escape into ( PATCH NO SEE ) so the eagle snatched him!! And the mules snout tells you which way to go! The kissing man might also be a turtle, man kiss turtle, turtle kiss ground! HA! Godd LucK!! td

??? :icon_scratch:

DoveFeather

Apr 18, 2010
OK, the way I see it is that the rabbit and the turtle has something to do with the kings treasure, the eagle is saint John. Old dog, you have seen this carving on the map, what do you think it means? Mike Pickett told me that this was the symbol for a kings vault.
DoveFeather

OP
OP
T

trailseeker4

Mar 21, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Pin Pointer Pro
tesoro dog said:
trailseeker4! My 2 cents Bro,, I see a figure on his knees kissing the ground and he has a golden face! Also his eye seems to be closed,, the line to the right of the blue eye I marked! I would say you are very, very close Bro,, study the other spots but take extra time with this spot, especially the markings on it and the smaller stones and greenery surrounding it!! Much Luck, Amigo! td What would a man be thinking if he is kissing the ground? This is it??

HA!! FORGOT TO POST THE PIC!!!!

Tesoro dog,

Thanks for that. I knew that was a face but didn't notice him kneeling. Do you think that is a small turtle resting his head on his back?

ts4

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
ts4!! I was wondering about that,, my first guess was the turtle layed eggs here in one spot, IF it is also a turtle,, but maybe if they are little turtles already hatched,, maybe this means there are different stashes in separate spots in the area! Notice too the pointer stones to the right of the kneeling man Gold colored??! I have also heard the eagle is St. James, Yes, but in this case, I believe the eagle interacts with the rabbit to show the pozo or entry hole is not down below where you saw the spaniard, simply because the rabbit had no where to duck into! And I think if they wanted to show it was a ST. James site,, the eagle would be much larger! Just semi-educated guesses on my part,, but maybe something to think about! Luck Amigos!! td Think about getting a discovery tf-900 iit goes deep for metal and voids,, the only thing it lacks,, is a depth meter!

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
DoveFeather said:
OK, the way I see it is that the rabbit and the turtle has something to do with the kings treasure, the eagle is saint John. Old dog, you have seen this carving on the map, what do you think it means? Mike Pickett told me that this was the symbol for a kings vault.
DoveFeather

There should be a pair of Xs as in XX, close to let you know that it deals with the royal "quint" or fifth.
Either that or the trail as marked is showing a well monumented trail that the King's representatives would use to visit an established mine. That could also be a reason to use the Eagle as a marker.

As you know there will be three trails when dealing with an established mine.
One is well monumented and is used by the royal inspectors and auditors as outlined by royal decree.
the other two are marked with small obscure markers that show a one way trail in each direction.
This was part of the security system used by the miners. get caught going the wrong way on a trail and it was usually decided that you didn't belong there and you were a dead man.

StrikeItRich

May 12, 2010
Colorado
Hello everybody, this is my first comment... i am very intrigued with your picture trailseeker. I can see where it is just a trail marker, unless there are other monuments or signs nearby that say otherwise... you and DoveFeather will have to take me there and show me... lol.. DF is my dad... anyhow, can't wait to make my first post!!! Coming soon...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions