Blackwell Ridge Monument.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,683

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Not a death trap.
A trail marker.
Although it would cause much damage to a stupid person.

This was meant to be seen from a great distance.

tertiaryjim

Aug 5, 2008
Looks like a FOOT sitting on a royal poodle or maybe a snail. Two very different messages. Of course there could be two trails ! Jim

S

Smee

Is that on the back of a turtle? I see a shell, legs, and head.

gorgias

Mar 7, 2006
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Other
trailseeker4 ,

I have one of these very near me. I call it the Cleveland Indian because the closest thing I canfigure it to be. You have a lot going on here. If you post bigger pictures, it would probably be convenient for me to mark it up. I can't interpret the meaning, but I can spot the stuff. You may be part of the same trail as me.

Gorgias

OP
OP
T

trailseeker4

Mar 21, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Pin Pointer Pro
These are the only other pictures I have to date. I thought it was a trail marker like Old Dog, but the other monuments in the area have me confused.

ts4

Attachments

• Blackwell Ridge Monument 3.jpg
    Blackwell Ridge Monument 3.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,567
  • Blackwell Ridge Monument 4.jpg
    Blackwell Ridge Monument 4.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,562
  • Blackwell Ridge Monument 5.jpg
    Blackwell Ridge Monument 5.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,539
  • Blackwell Ridge Monument 6.jpg
    Blackwell Ridge Monument 6.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,528

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Figure 1 is a flat bottomed rock propped up on a round rock. I think you should check all the stones around #1 for more clues. Also, I would never post the location of my signs unless it is a name I assigned to it. GL

Blackwell%20Ridge%20Monument%204%20trailseeker4.jpg

OP
OP
T

trailseeker4

Mar 21, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Pin Pointer Pro
this site was assigned the name by my partner and I. It is easier for us differentiate between different sites in the area. I have inspected the boulder that you have outlined and so far came up with very little other than another cool monument. I am heading into the field this morning to take more pictures. I will be sending more . I have so much to learn from all of you and I really appreciate every bit I get.

ts4

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I LOVE that first picture taken from the uphill side. Man, that's about as blatant a 'here I am look at me' sign as you can get. If there aren't any signs at that prop rock, it may be a simply 'come this direction' rock.

OP
OP
T

trailseeker4

Mar 21, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Pin Pointer Pro
Went out to the field yesterday, and took a some photographs. Here are a few of my favorites. Looked at the prop rock and couldn't see anything on it at all. It's funny that you mention this is a "come here" monument because everything in the area seems to lead you to this boulder from the trail???? Thanks guys, and I hope you enjoy these as much as I did.

trailseeker4

Attachments

• 649c.jpg
    649c.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,451
  • 634.jpg
    634.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,440
  • 632.jpg
    632.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,450

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Hmmm hmmm hmmm

This first ones you posted seems clear its main purpose was to be seen from below...looking up at the ridge. In that way I suppose it is a trail marker.* Blackwell Ridge Monument.jpg is the one I am talking about.
When looking up at it from the downhill side it does seem to have a face on the end of that top rock looking out and up at an angle. To me that means a long way yes no matter what is around locally..there is more waayyy over there.

I would venture to say it is an official trail given the king and owl. Not sure this is the same monument. But there is an owl here, and not all that big. One the original pic referred to above. is something I call the king. Look for a crown.

On the second pic looks like a duck lower left. The others things may benefit from a close clook.

Attachments

• Blackwell Ridge Monument 5owlmk.jpg
    Blackwell Ridge Monument 5owlmk.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,414
  • 649cmk.jpg
    649cmk.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 1,424

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to see the guys who were strong enough to set that big rock up on top of the other one! For the life of me I can't see animals or people or whatever in rocks. And rocks that large couldn't have been arranged by normal human beings could they? I'm just saying.....something? M :icon_scratch: nty

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
I'd like to see the guys who were strong enough to set that big rock up on top of the other one! For the life of me I can't see animals or people or whatever in rocks. And rocks that large couldn't have been arranged by normal human beings could they? I'm just saying.....something? M :icon_scratch: nty
;) Block and tackle, steel chains, and a frames.

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
I would guess the larger rocks could be Spanish Trail markers. The rock setting up on smaller rocks is typical of a "dolmen" and some are scattered across other countries. If you can see daylight underneath the bigger rock of the dolmen I would look through and see if anything lines up, and go check that out. The head in pic no. three is similar to several I have found. Is the mark to the left side under what might be a headband carved into the rock deeper than the other lines? (maybe 2 snakes crossed?)

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Hi oddrock,
Welcome to the forum.

I have posted this before,
and as stated before, we have found pivot stones of round worn river rocks that were used as "movers".
As well as piles of similar sized logs that were used as lifters to move these stones.
These Spaniards may have been simple in their ways, they were mentally agile and smart.

Here is a fellow who has it figured out and explains it well.

http://j-walkblog.com/index.php?/weblog/posts/moving_big_rocks

OP
OP
T

trailseeker4

Mar 21, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Pin Pointer Pro
Thanks guys for all your advice. You are pointing out things that I hadn't noticed. Hopefully I can add something to some of your posts one day.

ts4

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread