Karl Von Mueller

mannings

Feb 4, 2006
I think this is in the wrong spot ???

I had ALL of my S/S books stolen about a month ago. I'm going to start over. However, I've never had any of the KVM books. Could anyone please tell me what the gotta have books are? I know some are rare / impossible to find, but I'd like the titles anyway.

Thanks a bunch!

M

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your loss there. I would also post the same in the Book forum located in My Community, My Favorites section. I hope this helps :icon_thumleft:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
His Treasure Hunters Manual #7 is so full of good info you can read it several times and still find info that jumps out at you that did not the time before. Honestly I would love to have all his books!

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
mannings said:
I think this is in the wrong spot ???

I had ALL of my S/S books stolen about a month ago. I'm going to start over. However, I've never had any of the KVM books. Could anyone please tell me what the gotta have books are? I know some are rare / impossible to find, but I'd like the titles anyway.

Thanks a bunch!

M

Patrick, That is a blow to us all. so sorry to hear.
As a start, find a copy of "The Rocks Begin to Speak"
Is still in print and affordable.

OP
OP
mannings

mannings

Feb 4, 2006
Thanks Thom. That is one of only two books I had 'with me' when the others were taken. Great resource.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should take a look at the book, America B.C., by, Barry Fell. It has a LOT of information about the Ancients in North America. Includes a lot of symbols and their meanings.

For KVM's books, he said that his Treasure Hunters Manual #6 was the better of the 2 (#6 and #7). Other excellent books he published that should be in everyone's library are, Sudden Wealth written as Deek Gladson; The Encyclopedia of Buried Treasure Hunting, by KVM; Waybills to El Dorado, by KVM. You might be interested in his 2 books about how many folks have made their living while traveling around treasure hunting. They are Owl Hooters' Manual No. 1 and Owl Hooters' Manual No. 2, by KVM.

Just as a point of information, Dean Miller, aka Karl Von Mueller, wrote that the way he came up with the pen name, Deek Gladson was that he'd taken his wife's maiden name of Gladys Deekson and rearranged it to produce "Deek Gladson". He also copyrighted his books, later on in the name, Gladys Miller, as insurance for his wife's financial future should something happen to him.

One last point. His book, Waybills to El Dorado, is the one that got some folks really upset with him for giving away so much important information on many proven treasure leads. He believed that someone of that group was responsible for burning his outbuilding that held his office with all of his research files. That particular incident was a major factor that lead to his declining health. The ba$tards who burned his place were responsible for his death, in my never humble opinion.

OP
OP
mannings

mannings

Feb 4, 2006
Thanks SS. I plan to build KvM library. Having said that, I know nothing. Where might a guy go to read up on why eevryone considers Karl a who's who of treasure?

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mannings said:
Thanks SS. I plan to build KvM library. Having said that, I know nothing. Where might a guy go to read up on why eevryone considers Karl a who's who of treasure?

There was a good conversation going on between several members about KVM on one of the threads of this forum several months ago. A paying member can use his / her "search" ability to find all posts concerning him. There are a couple of folks here who seem to have known him personally. I got to meet him and his wife at a Treasure Hunt and Show in Tulsa, OK. in about 1987 or 88. At that time he was really pushing the microfiche system as a library system for THers research information. Remember, this was just before computers REALLY took off. I think he'd be amazed at today's internet possibilities for research.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
ShortStack...hope your cat doesn't mind....I copied the info about different books of interest so I can put it on my list of books I want. :tongue3:

I just recently got the book "The Rocks Begin To Speak" and have started on it....fascinating reading for sure! :read2:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There used to be an outfit called Slocum Books who handled books, maps, etc.; everything that had to do with treasure hunting. I think they went out of business because I haven't been able to find them in several months.

Cyndi,
The cat's OK with your deals. LOL He also recommends the book, America B.C., by Barry Fell. It's about the Ancients.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks a lot, Hoss. The last time I tried to find them, a Google search took me to some other outfit that sold some things for Slocum. I couldn't figure that one out. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread