• triangle stone.jpg
    triangle stone.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 840

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
Looks like a great marker to me natural or not! If your sure it's a cave interence I'd dig at it some. It shouldn't take you long to tell if it was a man made backfill. You could have stumbled onto something?

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monk said:
Looks like a great marker to me naturial or not! If your sure it's a cave interence I'd dig at it some. It shouldn't take you long to tell if it was a man made backfill. You could have stumbled onto something?
I wouldn't dig any random holes anywhere......

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Blind.In.Texas said:
Monk said:
Looks like a great marker to me naturial or not! If your sure it's a cave interence I'd dig at it some. It shouldn't take you long to tell if it was a man made backfill. You could have stumbled onto something?
I wouldn't dig any random holes anywhere......

Matt,
You should be able to determine whether the backfill is natural by checking the top.
if it is only the entrance and not part of the cave as well ... My guess would be natural.
If it isn't natural ... Dig carefully.

OP
OP
kiddrock33

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
i cant tell if its natural or not, but it looks man made to me, it was laid in with fill, it can , be either backfilled by natural erosion. but i doubt it, i did locate a tunnel under it, i can see about 12 feet then it turns , the tunnel has sediment filled to about 12 inches from the roof of the cave. a bit of trenching and ill be seeing more soon, it most definitly runs to a cave system , weather its big enough to fit through is not known yetr, but it appears to be big enough, it should get larger as i get in further. the only way i found this was a three inch sinkhole formed from winter runoff, within twenty minutes i was in a cave.

Attachments

• sink hole.jpg
    sink hole.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 719
OP
OP
kiddrock33

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
this cave is located near a huge white quartz boulder, once at night on a full moon, i saw an inverted triangle on this boulder. about the same size as this one. i wish i had a way to photograph the night symbol.

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
There are many treasures that are known about. BUT! There are also many that have been concealed and not known about. And as I said earlier, you may have just got lucky and fell onto something. Someone closed off the cave for a reasion! If not safety, then maybe to hide something. Don't give up to soon. Good luck.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Monk said:
There are many treasures that are known about. BUT! There are also many that have been concealed and not known about. And as I said earlier, you may have just got lucky and fell onto something. Someone closed off the cave for a reasion! If not safety, then maybe to hide something. Don't give up to soon. Good luck.

I'll second that.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monk said:

If it was closed off for SAFETY, wouldn't "they" have posted a sign or "signs" alerting the public of the danger there? Seems the "evidence" sort of leans toward some kind of goodie being covered over.

There is a quartz boulder close by??? I wonder if there MIGHT be a pocket of gold somewhere in there. And while I'm daydreaming that scenario I'll go the whole way and muse that someone covered that pocket of gold and is planning on it being their "retirement" fund. Hey, might as well "flesh out" this muse instead of leaving it hanging. :laughing7: :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions