• diamondsign.jpg
    diamondsign.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 784

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Thanks for the email.
The Indians who populated the area were ,The Quapaws, who lived on the lower Arkansas River near the Mississippi; the Osages, who roamed the Ozark region; and the Caddo, who lived along the streams of the southwest. After 1790 Cherokees, Choctaws, and a few Shawnee and Delaware came into Arkansas.

Markings in rock were also left along the route taken by the eastern Cherokees on their forced removal to Oklahoma in 1838-1839. The "trail" crossed northern Arkansas.

Citizens of Indian ancestry still live here, but there have been no tribes or reservations since the Quapaws were removed in 1834.

Then we had the European and Spanish explorers.

So if you could pinpoint the area a little more, I would have a better chance of recognizing the markings and symbols.

OP
OP
A

arkobnrs

Feb 8, 2006
Okay I got the pics deveoped today and I am an idiot LOL the shape is a bow and arrow an obvious bow and arrow.... Im gonna start a new thread with pictures.. look under 2 F N rock.

Aufinder01

Jan 13, 2006
The diamond with a line means a half a league,and theres probably some other sign to point direction.

Aufinder01

Aufinder01

Jan 13, 2006
Yeah ;D Right!!!

But on the same thing I've seen these used with the line at the 1/4 and 3/4 indicating distance to the mine in the Uintahs.

Aufinder01

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread