Signs

Jezzowhat

Greenie
Mar 28, 2006
Hi, new to the forum but not to Spanish mine hunting although its been 7 or 8 years since I have done any.I have lots of video of some really good symbols,when I get some time and ambition for it I will get some stills to post,hearts 3-4 inches deep in old growth timber,blazes,swords,turtles and such. Thought I would post a few pix today,not great but....just a note for people here that look for these mines-wherever I have come across a heart emblem I HAVE found a shaft nearby! I have some pix of a vertical shaft my brother and I found which I had to squeeze thru and tie my repelling rope to a nearby tree to repel down into,also some small items I found,the shaft is in the middle of a meadow in the mountains.I could post the pix if anyone is interested.[I am not claiming these particular pix that I am listing today are of Spanish origin,although my research has indicated that Mexican pack trains were pulling gold and silver out of Spanish mines in my area up to the very early 1900's,I do believe the tree hole in the tree sighting pic IS of Spanish origin]

pic #1- Heart,pic will not scan very good but you get the idea,was taken with a polaroid I carried with me at one time.
pic #2-I believe it to be an outline of the mountain I had been doing some searching on showing canyons and such,at the bottom is a square with some circles or dots which I believe are indicators of shafts or entrances,I also have on video a carving of an indian head with a feather pointing to a side canyon with a spanish de-capitated head carving below it with 3 buttons on his chest which indicates 3 mines or entrances,found 1 of them filled in but have not been back to the area since,will post pix of carvings whenever I get around to making stills from video :)
pic#3-sighting tree,taken with a polaroid ,it is on a sidehill and I am uphill from it,hard to see but where I drew circle is a carved hole going thru tree,old growth,doesn't look like it but this tree was huge,hole was about 10 to 15 foot up tree so who knows where the line of site for this hole originally pointed to,also found remnants of an arrasta at bottom of this canyon by a small pond,need to get back and do some detecting around it ;D

Attachments

• heart.jpg
    heart.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 672
  • sign.jpg
    sign.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 687
  • tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 672

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread