Old Hand Dug Holes Found And What Took Me There

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Most useful numbers that you find may be the 4 books of the Old Testment, if you are not sure which one just check all of them. Just a thought thats been bouncing around in that knot between my shoulders for awhile is The Holy Bible has words / numbers that are simular to The Holy Grail and has the Holy Grail ever been found or just a lot of folks looking for it. I may have a copy, now how do I put a smiley face on this, Thanks Bill ( SS )

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Old Testement-- New Testement-- and those books that was not included = 3, just a thought. The Bible does need to be included when following the Jesuit trails. Rangler the 1st mint was built was in Penn, the 2nd was built in La, the third in Denver, Nevada and Calif,all near the old Military Road or perhaps the Old Jesuit Priest trail was there 1st

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi there dsty, thanks for your help in the past. do you having any thoughts on this hole,that you would care to share? i dont have any measurements at this time. i have read before, to sometimes fill these holes with water then look for the image. any thoughts on that? thanks. View attachment 639565 View attachment 639567 View attachment 639568

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
The best way I can describe a unknown is Depth = 10 cm /or 4 inches, wide = 10 cm 4 inches across = 2, circumfurence should be 34.5 X 2 = 69 vara ( paces = 33 inches ) if you have a drill hole 4 inches deep, 8 inches deep, circumfurence = 34.5 = 138 paces, if you have a drill hole 8 inches across and 4 inches deep its still 2 cordells, if its 16 inches across and 16 inches inches deep its still ( well I broke my pencil ) if its 18 X 18 its still using the same method, 4X4 X 34.5 = a cordell, just add the numbers. Your drill hole may be a anchor point, I would look for another in the area, IT DOES NOT have to be the same size as a mater of fact it may be 10mm but it will be on an angle, I would look for left / right and a distance of 1/4 -- 1/2---3/4 th and I would look as far as 2 cordell and fractions of a cordell, 138 paces is not far more than likely it will be tho the right and or the left as your standing in front of the drill hole looking at the bottom, always use the cordell as a measurement method. If your drill hole is 8 " X 8" I would look on top of the hill for a old hand dug hole. Something else to watch for is a raised circle of earth like the Indians used for a teepee, they may have been there for awhile making the symbols, trails and other stuff

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks dsty for that info. and helping again. when i get back to that area,iam gonna look for some other holes and measure that one. thanks for the help.

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Its just my thoughts but I believe that someone thats gonna be doing this for awhile is to start with the 1st book of the Bible and note each time something had numbers / letters and keep track in a note book-- Book chapter and verse example Ezra ( 15 th ) chapter 2, verse 15 and 18, and have it indexed and send me a copy ( can I expect a copy next week ? ) I believe you would be on the way of having what perhaps the Jesuit had for a ready reference code book

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hi Dsty,

Here are some letters that I ran across that led me to look at Matthew chapter 7 verses 8 and 13. The letters are G M. I used the Latin alphabet for the numbers. These were inside a box and there was a horizontal line on the corner by the M so I tried starting H B
there. Also the middle horizontal line didn't go all the way over to the vertical line so I read it as a 13. These letters also give the pereimeter size of a large triangle, so it has at least a couple meanings. Here are the verses

7:8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

I'm guessing that the strait gate is a narrow tunnel between two large spaces. The easy tunnel sounds dangerous.

Rick

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dsty,

Here are some letters that I ran across that led me to look at Matthew chapter 7 verses 8 and 13. The letters are G M. I used the Latin alphabet for the numbers. These were inside a box and there was a horizontal line on the corner by the M so I tried starting H B
there. Also the middle horizontal line didn't go all the way over to the vertical line so I read it as a 13. These letters also give the pereimeter size of a large triangle, so it has at least a couple meanings. Here are the verses

7:8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

I'm guessing that the strait gate is a narrow tunnel between two large spaces. The easy tunnel sounds dangerous.

Rick
Do these verses vary in translation dependent upon the version of Bible you use?

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hi Dsty,

Rick

Sorry for the bad post. The letters inside the box are GM on the top and HB on the bottom. There was a small line at the corner where the M was so I started at that corner and read M G H B. The middle line on the B stopped short of the vertical line so I read it as a 13. Just below this box is a small dark image that looks like a stick figure of a man with wings. So I decided to look for a Biblical interpretation using the book of Matthew. I used the Latin alphabet to get the numbers for the G and H. So what I got was: M=Matthew, G=7, H=8, B=13. Matthew chapter 7, verses 8 and 13. I used the old King James version of the Bible. The verses seemed to signify something to search for and a warning. I believe the carving is treasure related because of the many other things in the area.

Rick

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Some of my thoughts about drill holes and monuments. Smallest drill hole that I have seen = 1/4 inch, largest = 16 inches wide, deepest 32 inches, shallow = small pecks usually form some type of animal tracks could indicate some type of directional indicator such as an arrow, or a map of sorts. Monuments = smallest = 2 inch turkey track, largest = rabbit 6 foot high and 10 feet, long. This is just things that I have run thru my mind, smallest things usually indicate a shorter distance i.e. = feet , then pace, then jumping to cordell, league and Kilometer for the largest much like a long snake, huge turtle, elephant, profile of a face, they can be seen for a long distance and some can be followed both ways some can not. I feel that the largest indicate long distances. Most of all folks keep things in persective use common sence and above all be safe and have fun, They leave messages at EVERY symbol learn to read sign, You must have Direction, Distance, those things they must show. When you find a yard ( lots of symbols in a small area, CAN be a large monument in a yard to hinder your progress, telling you to go away over yonder and look, don't be fooled ) stay put and get things figured out. Good Luck

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
In Gale Shaffers book he indicated that initials indicated that it was the expedition leaders iniatials and it may be so but as anything you find in the field there may be two to five different meanings for the same thing. Look at it from several angles

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
Lots of graffiti up here but what caught my eye was the drill holes.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Top of Rocky Mountain 2 resized.jpg
    Top of Rocky Mountain 2 resized.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 719

Hoofer

Jan 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Between ears
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not all is graffity. Look at green growth on older ,not as clean cut sign.

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Wow what a find, you are right about the drill holes, may be that they put in with / or later for the other symbols. I believe the proper way to work is to get the same size holes seperated and work them seperate, the 4 thats kinda in the group looks like the bottom left should be the one to use for a pivot for the other three, also makes a diamond. some may be to confuse or give up more information or kinda like they may be to get you out of the area, depth sometimes will be used to indicate a pivot point, distance between the trail markers should be around 190 feet ( 69 paces ). The other two thats near your toe about a foot may be another map with only one direction line up the two and work them toward your toe. There may be other near-by maps in the area also. Seperate untill things makes sence. Theres also another pair of drill holes in the upper right hand side that shows a different direction, that makes five direction to search, it would be interesting to start each one to the first mark and see what you have for sure in the lay out as far as more information goes. Good Luck, one of the things is that larger hole to the smaller hole is the proper direction, also there looks to be a shape of a turtle in the larger hole' ( s ) edge = go slow = something to see may be a shadow at the proper time day.

Last edited:

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
Here is the upper right hand corner of the last pic. It is on the edge of the bluff. There is a deep v notch and a drill hole with what looks like a T or cross in it.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• RM peak resized.jpg
    RM peak resized.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 1,040
  • RM peak hole resized.jpg
    RM peak hole resized.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 1,049

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread