Old Hand Dug Holes Found And What Took Me There

LOOT

Mar 1, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Here I am in Amarillo, really enjoy it but sure miss home, been here since December. I worked five cache sites where settlers had their stuff. The most important thing is to remember when you find sign there will be something inside the North West Corner that will tell you what to look for, Square, Rectangle, Triangle. Look for the East side for a EXACT MAP of your interest will be. The symbols will be portions of a Cordel 95 feet = 1/2 use 3/4 of a cordel 1 + +cordel ' they will add the measurements also, If anyone is interested I will try and get a pattern worked out and see if someone at the library will post it, or someone out there will do it

I am interested, dsty.

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
It just takes me too much time to look up things that I have already posted, I'm just too slow, sorry, I can't help

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Oddrock, I have seen 1/2 of a drill hole before and have wondered if it was to indicate measurement would be 95 feet, might be something covered up at that point, I would think that direction would be upper left hand side and the lower right hand side for the direction, because the upper left side is sharper I would that first and if there's not a hole I would probably make one, take your detector and put in the mineral setting and check to see if it has ever been dug before, if it has I would grin and then look around to see if anyone was watching, if its possibly showing a site that would be of interest I would check for 4 corners of a square or rectangle, they were sneaky critters, going from sharp point to sharp point with the upper left being more pronounced and 1/2 drill hole on that side, other corners are broke off

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you guys talking about putting you MD in mineral mode. I have a white DFX and I just use it on the preprogrammed setting. So I don't know much about them. How do you adjust mineral
Setting?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Here is the horzional drill hole with deer tracks the if you look aprox 355 degrees and about 10 inches up you can see the HP connected that identifies this corner as # 816 this is the only place I have seen this Shaffers Book from Dream Garden Press Salt Lake City 1980 model had a few that had some initials connected.Post # 52 Note the line on the H made the P

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Looks like a corner marker to me drill holes big to little. rabbit ears show go to the left, mouth go to the right, if the rock is still in its mouth it indicates its still there and it should go to the N.E corner may with markers along the way 2.5 miles settlers league

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Bow Hunter, I believe that all you have to do is start posting your photos nothing fancy tho cause plain and simple and Bow Hunter seems to be a good Honest name for your site, Your side Kick should be able to help, Photos of rocks boulders carvings only no personal photos please, Thanks for your post I believe everyone will enjoy your thoughts and contrubition

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Could someone help me with( Old hand Dug Holes and what took me there ) page # 25 -- post # 327 it shows the settlers square league. Thank You

Last edited:

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dsty hope this helps Scan0001.jpg Scan0002.jpg Scan0003.jpg

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Thank you mark 60, the chances are good that the markers that you find in the field will be North / South or East / west and will be a Settlers square league. Kinda fun to chase but the chances are good that you will find plenty of empty holes.

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Just in case I will show my thought's about the Number 7, the short part shows the direction and the stem shows a league 2.5 miles between rest stops, just my thinking

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Mark60 helped me post with this and it took several YEARS to work out, information that you have at your site must be worked out, a 25 square mile is a lot of footprints, tire tracks, use of maps are very important, Most folks are thinking feet, well folks its miles.

Secret squirl

Sep 15, 2017
Nibiru
Detector(s) used
pulsestar II pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to know if anyone else see's the things i see? face, duck head, heart etc.
Anyone know how to align? Think they may be pointing to multiple things.
would like any advice, and will be taking more photos at different times. hopefully a better camera coming soon. View attachment 1511617

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
I don't know if this will work for Bob or not from Pa. Thank you Mark60 Post #369

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Somewhere I have seen or read that they used 25 letters of the alphabet such as the 25 league square which would fit the 8 16 and the 5 across and 4 th down could be lower left and second from the bottom should be the 16th section 8th township. I do know that they used letters to represent numbers and numbers to represent letters such as 0 = 15 R = 18, Depth and Bible verses is where I found them referenced.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread