Old Hand Dug Holes Found And What Took Me There

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
dsty,

"Good drill holes Oddrock, it looks like its giving info on what to look for ( triangle ) and direction indicated by the smaller two holes probably large to small. Enjoy your post also"

I concurr Dusty, my own research shows that when two drill holes are present...the larger/deeper hole
is the back of the "arrow"[feathers] and the shallow/smaller is the "point of the arrow"

Good to see you Dusty and I always learn so much undiscoved data that you so generously provide~!
oro majority
rangler

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Thank you Rangler there's been so many positive inputs on this ( TN ) and its always a pleasure to help when and if I can, I have seen a single (on an angle) 3mm wide hole and 23mm deep that indicated both depth and direction it was verified by a Tc 400 feet away, I think that they used many marks to confuse, there was 17 in a 200 ft square, both carved and profile upside V ( seems to indicate something covered ) on 4 that I have seen, They Will be just part of a sentence another perhaps 100 feet away. Most will tell you a story such as here-this- place- something- covered-distance indicator- direction indicator depth indicator and what to look for triangle- square, your job is to get them in their proper order to read them, the more that you find the better, most will have something to offer, allways look for the WINDROSE. ( prevents a lot of digging ) Information that will be avaiable, size of bars, how many, how deep, and how to find them, they had to have the info to find them and so can you, they used the pinpoint method by crossing 2 lines or a blind corner

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
Dsty & Rangler

Thank you both for your Positive inputs. There are 5 drill holes on the rock. I would venture a guess that if you can find all four corners of the square, going from the largest hole to the next smallest as you both suggest, then the spot to seek might be the "off centered" one.
The "Spanish" were not the last trackers at this spot.

Oddrock

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
oddrock said:
Dsty & Rangler

Thank you both for your Positive inputs. There are 5 drill holes on the rock. I would venture a guess that if you can find all four corners of the square, going from the largest hole to the next smallest as you both suggest, then the spot to seek might be the "off centered" one.
The "Spanish" were not the last trackers at this spot.

Oddrock

I concur.

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
I don't know if I have shared this or not and its just a thought, it looks to me like when you find a drill hole thats on a angle regardless of size the proper way to work it is use the thought that a tent stake gives the most pulling power on a angle and a drill hole should be worked the same way to secure the object.

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
Here is a triangle of drill holes and a "v" notch.

attachment.php

here is a different view.

attachment.php

Attachments

• sized drill holes notch.jpg
    sized drill holes notch.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 724
  • sized drill hole notch 2.jpg
    sized drill hole notch 2.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 715

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
Figured i stumbled into the middle and will have to check both directions. So i go toward the open notch and it takes me about a mile and a half to reach a wash coming down the hill. I go up it and on my left see this. Thinking its an eagle but you guys might see something else. So taking Dstys advice i check up high.
attachment.php

Attachments

• sized eagle rock.jpg
    sized eagle rock.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 660

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
This is up behind the eagle rock. I don't know what it is but it seems drilled. Kinda like a face or hoyo maybe...idk.
attachment.php

Attachments

• sized eye hole.jpg
    sized eye hole.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 674

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Tinhorn, what do you see when you look through the other side of the hole?

Rick

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
This shot looks out over the valley. The other way looks to some rock that i should be cleaning the moss off of. I think my next step is gonna be to bring a wire brush to clean these rocks off then photo them again.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This shot looks out over the valley. The other way looks to some rock that i should be cleaning the moss off of. I think my next step is gonna be to bring a wire brush to clean these rocks off then photo them again.

tinhorn:
If you wouldn't mind a suggestion; try a brush with stiff, nylon bristles FIRST so any faint signs under the moss will be preserved. If the nylon brush doesn't work well, you can always follow up with your steel bristle brush. Use BOTH with a light touch.
If you have the time and patience, take a squeeze bottle filled with a solution of bleach and water and spray down the moss. The bleach will cause the moss to die and be easier to remove. BUT, if there are any colored signs beneath the moss, the bleach could cause color washout.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
There is a hole similar to this one at the spot I am studying. It's higher off the ground though, about 10 feet. The hole is aligned NE to SW. If I look through the hole to the NE I look to the valley floor. If I look SW, I'm looking at the side of a rock bluff. The correct way to go at my spot is SW to the top of the bluff,there are more markers up there. I'd be interested in knowing if your place is set up in a similar manner.

Dsty's tip about the eagle worked out well for me. My eagle's beak was pointing south, but the last marker was up high and west of the eagle.

Rick

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello tinhorn, most of the time I have found that a Eagle head indicates the top ( roost / rest / nest ) Rabbit may be the same, the directional may be the reverse as indicated by eye and features of the face both indicate to the left, the dimensions of the eye ( may be to work it like a drill hole, depth, rim to rim for the depth, circumfurence, gets kinda complicated in that it should = ( width the same as the depth will indicate 2 for a multiplier on the circumfurence = hope that makes since, anyway the top of the hill to the reverse is the way I would go toward, the V indicates that it has not been retrieved, thats much like the head thats been removed to indicate its gone, the direction to travele is the open part of the V like a bow and arrow

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
I will check out all the possibilities and keep you guys posted. Thanks for the help!!!

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
mdog,
yes, the hole facing the valley floor is pointing NE, but SW is the way to go. This hole is 17 inches through the rock from tip to tip. It's 4 inches wide and 2 inches high.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
That's real interesting Tinhorn. What way is your eagle from the rock with the hole in it. My eagle is south from the hole about 50 yards. Also, SW of the hole at my spot is a triangle a little over 1000 feet in perimeter. The hole is the north point of this triangle. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of signs are you seeing to the SW? The other points of my triangle are a large boulder shaped like a heart and a small rock shaped like a D.

Rick

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread