Old Hand Dug Holes Found And What Took Me There

hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois
looks like some numbers? sized%20eye%20holeclear.JPG

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
mdog,

it seems to be a trail of smaller marker stones leading SW over the top of the mountain to the south side. The face in the image is starring at the eagle rock who is also facing SW. It is only 30 or so feet away.

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
triangle

Just a thought, the triangle thats made like a dinner bell (triangle ) seems to indicate three directions and posible trail 2.5 miles long, the ones with dots in the corners indicate a nearby triangle layed out with rocks to indicate a possible 1/2 of a windrose and seems to use a cordel ( 189 feet ) and fracitions of them in the measurement. may help to understand what you have and how to work it.

Last edited:

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
Here's a pic from the direction the face with the drill hole is looking. You can see the eagle head and a heart boulder.

attachment.php

Here's a closer look at the heart.

attachment.php

looks like there might be a facial profile on the left lobe and maybe a cross or X near the bottom left.

Attachments

• eagle heart resized.jpg
    eagle heart resized.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 730
  • heart boulder resized.jpg
    heart boulder resized.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 743

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
Dsty was right on with the cordel. The trail was easy to follow up the hill. This notched rock was near the top.

attachment.php

From the other side.

attachment.php

I'm guessing that the flat rock beside the notched triangle rock is for a compass line? any thoughts on that?

Attachments

• notched triangle rock 2 resized.jpg
    notched triangle rock 2 resized.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 699
  • notched triangle rock resized.jpg
    notched triangle rock resized.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 715

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tinhorn:
That heart rock has a pronounced bulge on the right side. I can't quite make out the eagle head, but is the bulge on the heart indicating the same direction that the eagel is looking?? That bulge is indicating a direction for SOMETHING. Whether the direction to look for the next clue or another sign, close by, or to add info to the other signs HERE.

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
SS,

The eagle rock is closer to the camera. The details of the beak are hidden by some leaves. Go back a couple pages for a better view of it.

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
Another marker following the direction given from the drill hole.

attachment.php

Attachments

• fish or diamond resized.jpg
    fish or diamond resized.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 743

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Tin horn..was that a spring back by the heart rock? If not..you might see if there is anything to pour water into on that heart rock .

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tinhorn, take a closer look at your heart. Adjusting the contrast to to the picture and you can see the anomalies. Second, the particular heart rock and a few around it do not seem to belong to the area (just from what I can see). Might want to find out where they came from.

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hoofer the heads you find should look toward a trail, the 1st symbol you should find may be a triangle which will be the start of a series of 3 trails, one ahead, one to the left and one to the right, possibly all will be 2.5 miles, the next symbol I would look for would be a diamond, the last symbol you should find may be a upside down triangle to indicate the end or to start the trail depending which direction you started from. No its not compicated as some may indicate, as for the heads themselves I would think that a allagator would be close to the ground, slow, nest in a mound, don't discount rock patterns

Hoofer

Jan 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Between ears
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you dsty. I was hoping they went the opposite way. Toward the adams which I think was worked by ancients as well as spanish.

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
One of the other tricks they used was to use 454 gr of gold = 1 pound, I had a O RO and a VL and a 1814 in one of their "YARDs " 1st book of the bible, chapter 8 verse 14 with a U or tunnel symbol 227 cm deep, 0 = 15th book, because the space between the O RO it said Ezra chapter 2 ( RO = 2 ) 18 = 112 ( bars ) verse 14= 454 grams gold= 1 pound, look for a tunnel / shaft 227 cm deep, find 112 one pound bars, verified by a huge rabbit with a VL carved on its side V = 5 L = fifty 50 minus 5 = 450 or 4 gram difference

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Thanks Brent, started in1969 with my 1st detector/ found my first drill hole in 1987, found that they were for real in1990/ started trying to get them figured out in 1995, still trying to get them figured out, 1/2 marble deep seems to indicate a map, 1/4 th inch wide seems to indicate direction when theres two, usually theres something else to indicate distance one was unusual in that it was 8 inches across and 4 inches deep with a shoulder 1/2 way down that made a horseshoe type symbol on the bottom 1/2, which indicated 2.5 cordell = 454 feet which a Bible verse / a carved initial / other carved letters on the site to verify 454 grams or = 1 pound bars, when you find a yard there should an upside down V on the " yard " which indicates something buried in a nearby land mark, ther will also a V horzional at the site, you must Read the carvings to figure out what they say, some sites may be 1/2 pound or 1/4 pound or possibly 2 pound bars or 1008 grams

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread