Red Lodge Rock Formation

Z

ZumbroKid

This is along a highway heading to Cooke city from Red Lodge Montana. Took some pictures yesterday. Had to stop and get this one. I noticed after stopping there appears to be what looks like an old Indian chief in the rock formation. Anyone else notice it?

Attachments

• rock formation.jpg
    rock formation.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 809

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I kinda thought it looked like Chet in "Weird Science".
Really, that is a nice picture. You should try detecting around it unless it's in a National park. People probably posed there to have their pictures taken.

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Pete -- I changed the color and enlarged the pic. there's a heart with a face that has a patapus nose in side. What looks to be an octagon shape around a circle with a cross attached. There's two elephant heads and trucnk only painted one. the tree has eyes anda black nose. There is a coyote with lines near it that have symbols at each end. (in mouth of carving next to cross). The rest are faces and animals.

The second pic is after a color change and a whole new picture.
Pictures like these are very cool. thanks for posting it.

Jacko

Attachments

• index (24).jpg
    index (24).jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 542
  • ID 25.jpg
    ID 25.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 545

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I am going to sound like an idiot here...but ...oh well...Why would you look for pictures in trees,grass,shrubs and brush? One whisper of wind...and that image is not there anymore?

OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

I just stopped to take a photo of a neat rock formation. When i got out of the car i realized this one had more too it. One of those surprise finds.

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Gypsyheart--- I have been seeing these for a long time and I think they trimmed the youngr trees os the shape wouldn't change over the years. This is only my theory and don't think anyone belives me but, we all see things different in life anyway.

Jacko

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
JACKO said:
Gypsyheart--- I have been seeing these for a long time and I think they trimmed the younger trees os the shape wouldn't change over the years. This is only my theory and don't think anyone belives me but, we all see things different in life anyway.

Jacko
Jacko
I always look forward to your posts and opinions, but on this I am having a hard time with. Trees and brush are subject to Mother Earths whims on a daily basis. To me its like looking for pictures in clouds....I can always find something...but they mean nothing. I can see whats carved in stone and trees...but some of the brush is barely 40 yrs old...I tend to dissect things to death and explore every possibility, But new growth on tree branches has me stumped as far as using it as a solid clue for anything.

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Gypsheart -- I understand what your saying, especially about brush. That's a small bush where the face is with a platapus nose. However, it's not so thick that the face doesn't show. Trees if young (now) no way, but I am refering to trees that are well over 150 years. Don't know how tall that tree in picture is, from angle it looks taller than the rock which looks 15-20 ft. tall. Maybe Pete could tell us what type of tree it is and how tall. Don't worry I have been told I see things that aren't there all the time. ::)

Jacko

OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

The rock is about 150 -200 ft tall. Tree is full grown, i was couple of hundred feet away to get this shot.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gypsyheart said:
I am going to sound like an idiot here...but ...oh well...Why would you look for pictures in trees,grass,shrubs and brush? One whisper of wind...and that image is not there anymore?

I agree Completely on this.

However, If I wanted to Hide something, And wanted to Remember where I hid it.
I would Bury it near it.
Say , IF I was there at 9 AM, I'd Bury it right where The Shadow
it casts ends. And when I want to Retrieve it. I'd go back at 9 AM
when the suns Shining again & know right where to dig ;)

In other words, IF detecting is allowed, Search Everywhere around it, for at least the Distance it can Cast a Shadow.

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Pete That's one hunk of rock for sure. Are you planning on going back?? If so get us some pictures of the three sides we really can't see. Just for the heck, stand on the side of the tree where you can see the angle of those branches and just follow it with the eye and see what spot it hits on the rock. Then get a picture of that spot. Let us know if it's in an octagon shape??

Jacko

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread