Faces

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Thom, for the info. Years ago, I read bits and pieces that KVM wrote giving small hints of what he was working on and then got to meet him and his lovely wife at the Tulsa Treasure Hunt and Show in about 1987 and he kinda, sorta confirmed it was a Spanish treasure hidden in an old mine in those mountains. A HUGE treasure that he and the person working with him had verified to their own satisfaction. The mine / cave had been buried under a large landslide "back when" and their main problems were tracing the old trails and matching them with their research. If I remember correctly, he felt they were getting pretty close. :dontknow:

Permenant red color, huh? Sounds like the stuff in Viet Nam.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Yep, it's permanent.
In Eastern UT there is a company that specializes in stained clothes, using exclusively this dirt.
It is pretty common. Watch for them ... Red Dirt shirts are famous. LOL

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
I didn't see anyone mention it, but faces are usually homeward bound monuments (away from the treasure/mine)
What kind of signs do you have going the other way?
Rich

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tf:
There have been large Indian faces that were deciphered to mean that there was a large Indian camp in the direction it was looking. It was felt that the Spanish were most likely warning their followers to be aware of that danger. Makes you wonder why they would think the Indians would still have that large village site for decades or centuries.

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
You are right Shortstack, I forgot to mention that, I was thinking of the
trail monuments to follow home. I happen to have seen two great face
monuments on either side of the trail looking the same way, one is a
really nice indian head with a headdress and a wide open mouth.
Unfortunately didn't have a camera with me.
Rich

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That opened mouth supposedly means that the goodies are gone. I think the Poodle faces and heads face both ways; in and out, but not sure. There are others here a lot more knowledgeable than me on this deal. If you've read all of the posts and threads in this section, you'll find a heck of a lot of info on this subject. A LOT more than is covered in Kenworthy's books. Even though Kenworthy's books are definitely needed in your library.

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Shortstack you are sure right about the knowledgable people on this
forum. I have seen lots of signs that aren't covered by Kenworthy
though he gets lots of credit for what he shared.
I have actually seen a poodle at right angles to the Royal trail, must
have been easier that way.
Interesting take on the open mouth, I hadn't thought about that,
good call, but a long way from the end of the trail, 6 miles in this case.
Rich

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I've read; 6 miles is NOTHING on these trails. 6 miles is just a hop and a jump. LOL When you found those poodles sitting sideways on the trail, could they be made out coming from both directions? Sometimes monuments can only be "made out" going in one direction. Your sideways poodle MAY have been "looking" in the direction that the Royal trail branched off of the main trail. Royal trails were usually reserved for the transporters of the King's tribute and not "sullied" by the other people's goods. At least, that's what I've learned on this forum.

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Shortstack,
I have so far covered over 21 miles of this trail, yes it is longer. It just seemed odd
that the one poodle would be looking sideways, being a Spanish Sign I am sure it
means something. One of the treasures obviously is the mental gymnastics of following
these trails and decoding them. Sometimes you are all the way back home before
you realize what a particular clue was.
Keep on searching
Rich

hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois
why would someone take the goodies and then carve a open mouthed marker? i think the open mouth could mean that the cave goes horizontal in the earth,not down.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
An open mouth indicates a cave, mine, or cache hole that has been left open.
It is a point of interest only not so much an indicator that the treasure was taken.
From personal experience the Spanish just took the goods. Period.
They never took the time to indicate that they did. That is left to you to discover.

A lot of false info begets more.
Sometimes we tend to try to make these things more difficult than they are ...
simply because we are confounded as to why it would be so easy.

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the viewpoints on the open mouth, I will check for caves etc.
Then there are the turtle monuments, usually when the treasure was gone
they would remove the head from the turtle. The reason is that the
monuments were there so that the king could get his royal fifth and once
the treasure or stash from the mine was gone, they wouldn't waste time
on it anymore. In this case the turtle still has his head.
Rich

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tfinder:
There is a story going around that certain KGC info was stolen and many markers were mutilated; such as a turtle having his head knocked off. That sounds good and may be right, but there's no real way to prove that happened OR the Spanish did it themselves. Many KGC trails follow sections of Spanish trails which follow Ancients' trails, etc.
Old Dog has shown how the Spanish AND the KGC hid symbols within the pictographs of Native Americans. Now THAT would sure take some study to be able to spot and OD, rangler, and a few others on this forum have made that study and have almost an encyclopedic level of knowledge on the subjects of the different symbologies.
You wrote that sometimes you'll end up back where you started before you know it. In those cases, you've missed an important sign on the trail that would have taken you on to the final trail. Old Dog has written many times that the symbols will get smaller as you get closer to the "hide". He mentioned finding turtles that were only about 2 inches in diameter. Blind in Texas posted a photo of a map of a river system no bigger than your thumb. Then, there's the subject of false trails. LOL Yep, those Spanish were kinda sneaky at times. They'd even put deathtraps on false trails and fake deposits.
There are some truly AMAZING things "out there" and I envy you folks who are able to get into the field and see them first hand. I'm thinking that all of the things found and photographed so far are just a small portion of what's all out there, yet to be discovered. I've see photos of faces on stone that are so detailed and life like that you'd think they were PhotoShopped into the picture, but they were / are absolutely real and genuine. They look like someone's face was photographically applied to the stone. Those are part of the Ancients' monuments and certainly are NOT Spanish and even less connected to the KGC. The Ancients had technologies that are still unrecognized as their's and most archies wouldn't believe, anyway.
While you're in the field, you have to look for signs and symbols at LEAST as well as you watch for sneaky snakes. LOL
Good luck to ya.

emtrescue

Dec 26, 2007
Church Hill, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Speaking of destroying things..... (Shortstack I'm glad you brought this up. I was beginning to consider myself a little more nuts than I normally am. It's a little bit of photoshop (just some cropping basically) BUT - I thought this was a little interesting...

Edited:

And it looks like there's a 5 beside the "backwards 7"

Attachments

• Copy of DSC02288-2-clos2.jpg
    Copy of DSC02288-2-clos2.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 930

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, that is a "5" right on the edge of the stone. That piece that you deleted has a horse head / face looking toward the left and the straight, flat area of it's back looks like it was cut clean off of that large background facing rock or from the large piece that has the backward "7" and the "5". That probably sounds confusing as heck. LOL

emtrescue

Dec 26, 2007
Church Hill, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Shortstack said:
Yep, that is a "5" right on the edge of the stone. That piece that you deleted has a horse head / face looking toward the left and the straight, flat area of it's back looks like it was cut clean off of that large background facing rock or from the large piece that has the backward "7" and the "5". That probably sounds confusing as heck. LOL

I didn't delete it. I rotated it up. Looks like It has fell right off the face. But is still a face.I want to know what is in the rest of the pile of rubble. (other than rubble if there is more than rubble??)

I couldn't turn it exact though because I would need 3-d or something. For comparison:

Attachments

109.4 KB · Views: 927
    109.4 KB · Views: 915
  • Copy of DSC02288-2-clos.JPG
    Copy of DSC02288-2-clos.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 911

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had realized what you did right after I posted my last comment, but was too lazy to "edit" it. LOL
Very good job on the splice. :thumbsup:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could be wrong, but I think the "5" emt was pointing out is just a little bit to the right of the backward "7".

Old Dog, is that a turtle or a snail?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread