Chirp! Chirp! A bird?

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
In poring over one of my sites I noticed this little feller just sitting quietly off on the sidelines.. It's beak points in the direction of another site, and it's eye is a drill hole appx. 4" across! What do YOU see?

birdfrom20ft.jpg

Moving around to the back, downslope side, we see that it's sitting on this:

isitstacked2.jpg

isitstacked.jpg

I also noticed what appears to be a triangle of smallish drill holes on another stone AFTER I got home and reviewed the pics... Ain't that the way things work? LOL..

hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois
nice shadow star n 3rd pic. 1st turtle and the hare?and looks like a owl on first pic.and a heart in second pic.the owl has a shadow 7 in it.

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I hadn't seen that star originally! Next time out I'll get more and better pics-new camera on the way!!

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That rabbit may be a perspective thing-I believe that rock is flat but I was standing on another rock to get some elevation..not saying that isn't how it was MEANT to be viewed though! Now the owl is interesting and I'll need to look more closely on my next visit. So far the last trip was most productive in terms of things seeming to 'jump out' and catch my attention. Still, I'm pretty new at this and there are probably a few ghostly Spaniards following me around laughing..HA!

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First picture is neat. Even if it is a seven, it could just mean campsite. My understanding is that Jesuits used 7 for gold but, I'm not an expert on that. For now, I see a possible trail marker used as a pointer. It seems to fit the bill, by design, for a turtle and we know what those are supposed to lead to. This is not to say, that the seven can't exist. If it is, it would be an example of confimation marks. Definitely get that checked out though. It'll be neat to see what becomes of the the next photoshoot.

Looking for signs behind the "turtle", that can be deciphered and lead to the "turtle", will help solidify that it is a "turtle". By 'behind' I mean further away on the lanscape, opposite the pointy end. Even if it IS a turtle, it still needs to be proven, I think.

Who knows about the Jesuits? I need more information about them myself.

End of rant ;)

tertiaryjim

Aug 5, 2008
The trail to the turtle might come upon it from any direction. Possibly , the best perspective or view of the turtle will give an inverse direction for the back trail .

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pyledriver:
Here are a few things I see. There are a couple of things that nature did, but most of the things I tagged are man made. That is a "7" on the bird rock and there is a cross next to it. Could that be a confirmation for the "7"? :dontknow:

birdfrom20ft Merged.jpg

isitstacked Merged.jpg

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Almost the whole top of that turtle shell looks to have been carved out..that depression. Depressions I tend to associate with water re Kenworthy.

Looks like an animal face facing opposite direction. Could be shadows though.

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I posted this because that 'bird' has been chirping in my head ever since I got home from the site! I will keep my mind open to this being a turtle but again, to me it appears to be a bird head. The thing is that I'm still learning and I don't want to be hard headed!

As usual I find lots in pics that I didn't see in person, and y'all are helping me to see even more! Shortstack, that rectangle with the fat 'J'..man, in the pic it looks obvious, yet onsite it never caught my eye! I definitely appreciate all the inputs from everybody, keep 'em coming!

Next time out I need to remove a layer of dirt on another marker. So far from what I have removed, it appears to be a somewhat large-scale carving and I keep thinking there's more to it if I could just get rid of more dirt! I mention that because it's not far from the bird..

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tertiaryjim said:
The trail to the turtle might come upon it from any direction. Possibly , the best perspective or view of the turtle will give an inverse direction for the back trail .
That's what I wrote. Only I used different words :wink:

pyledriver. It won't hurt to follow the line of sight of the rock, regardless of what it is supposed to reperesent. Just check the whole rock for other carvings that may give distances. I would also remember that one sign needs to lead to another. It must either point, or have information that needs to be deciphered in order to reveal the distance and/or general or exact direction. Just seeing a shadow gorilla does not mean that one is supposed to swing from the branches of trees in order to follow the trail ;D. Good luck.

Did you ever find that rock in your river with the Nordic carvings?

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
B.I.T. you make good points!

As to that other stuff, nah, I pretty much relegated that to the back burner. All my focus has been on two sites right now and when I'm not there I'm trying to figure out how to get BACK there!

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pyledriver said:
B.I.T. you make good points!

As to that other stuff, nah, I pretty much relegated that to the back burner. All my focus has been on two sites right now and when I'm not there I'm trying to figure out how to get BACK there!
G.P.S. ;D

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
LOL, not as in trying to find where I've been-but working on time and gas money to keep up the repeated trips! :tongue3:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, rangler, but this is the way I normally mark up photos unless there are things too close to generalize. That's when I use free hand drawing to enclose the different things to separate the items.

There are several things on this chirp, chirp site that may or may not be important for following a goodie trail, but they ARE man made; so they are important for some reason to some one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread