IS THIS A THUNDERBIRD ?

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Highjacking in progress?? No, not correct. We've been discussing discretion's photos and what may or may not be seen. A few folks were joking about them and saying there wasn't anything there. In the middle of this, rangler posted an in depth dissertation about what HE sees there that included a shadow sign I (and probably more folks) had not heard of before. He even points out that it's only the second one he's seen. Wellllll, I simply pointed out that the new sign was kinda like a sign I found in a photo that had been posted that was very unusual and VERY different. That shadow Poodle dog that was presented in an uncomplimentary pose. rangler's shadow cow and the pooping dog are a couple of uncommon signs.

So, BIT, where is the problem and highjacking maneuver here? It's all good and all on subject.

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
discretion! And other Trackers,, Just a few more things I see. Rangler, I think I may have spotted another dog,, up to the left, a blue eye and a red nose, if it is, it's nose looks to be pointing in the direction of your arrow line! And is this is the owl stone, circled bottom right, it is lying down, ears pointing right?? Plus if they are ears, they also look to be pointing to a shadow face, gazing at the ground there! This shadow face shows up better in some of the other pics.
There are also 5 or 6 small sun arrows below and in front of the Turtles mouth,, in fact, it gives one the feeling that something dripped out of the turtles mouth and maybe seeped into the ground!! Could the GIFT be here? The green arrow mouth gives me the impression, that if you follow the mouth line to the left, there may be more detailed info an the mouth/entry..
Kim! The explanation on the timing of (discretions) post and it's bullets are flying arrival, plus it is a necessity at times, could only be explained by a Lady!! Thank You!! td

Attachments

• glyph bird - Copy1.JPG
    glyph bird - Copy1.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 985

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstack said:
I'm also wondering why it was necessary to use jacko's name in item G-3? That wasn't cool.

Shortstack,

I agree 100%. I assumed that when I posted about "a person" many people who had been here a long time would know about whom I was speaking. I really liked Jacko as he was a very genuine person (unlike some here). I think that Rangler using his name in a defamatory manner was VERY uncool.

Best-Mike

okey dokey

Mar 23, 2009
Muskogee
THERE LOOKS TO BE SOME SYMBOLS ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE PICTURE IN THE CIRCLE.
OKEY DOKEY

Attachments

• glyph bird - Copy1.JPG
    glyph bird - Copy1.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 962

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rangler wrote: Oh and just for fun..my favorite little guy the OWL is here.........

Well, the "little guy" is in the right hand circle. Who is that in the left circle??

glyph bird - Copy.JPG

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
Damn, Cabron! Talking about having to Circle the Wagons!! You may have to call in an airstrike! HA!td

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, rangler. I couldn't get the photo large enough to be very detailed because of pixelation screwed it up. The top of the heart looked more like a pair of owl ears.

O.K. TDog. Put the bottle down and hands on the wall. :sign10: :occasion14: :drunken_smilie: :laughing3:

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
Stack!! I'm 62 years old and I for sure never thought I would ever hear THOSE words again!! HA!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hic, goodnight y'all. :drunken_smilie: :drunken_smilie: :drunken_smilie: :sleepy4: :sleepy2:

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Hi discretion. How exciting. You picked out a sign from this jumble of rocks that is a sign. Now the t-bird itself may or may not be Spanish..I do not know. But I get a thrill when I find signs like that..start thinking who might have made it, what its purpose was, the history..look around and imagine the people traveling, and so on and so forth. Civilizations rising and falling.. well it just goes on and on. Kind of makes you feel part of the land and the history of a place. In my area there was a concerted effort to wipe out
"pagan" signs by the Spanish so it is a really special treasure to me to find one or more.

Spanish sometimes reused monuments..it is not clear at all to me if that sign came before or after the Spanish. For there truly are Spanish signs there. If it is a thunderbird, I am surprised to find one in California..thought it was a southwest thing but have not researched it.
The thunderbird then may have been put by different people...though it is pointing to the right like some of the other signs. If it was put by other people..well follow it and see what happens :) You might find a spring, a lovely cove, pretroglyphs..who knows. Heh.. check out whats over the next hill, around that next curve. What could be a better endeavor on a lovely fall day. smiles.

Though I am still learning my self I am 100% with minetrees on this. You have stumbled onto what is also a Spanish end point. If you have been studying the other threads and pictures, you will have found mention of turtles, owls, lambs, even bells. Looks to me like you have all of those on this monument.

To me that means something is close. To me it also has a lot of things saying right..go right. Now as to final measurements..if you decide to pursue it a bit of studying and experimentation will be in order. Kenworthy's books are a great place to start. Gleaning hints such as what minetrees so graciously gave you and as others have posted in this forum is a good way to go too. I would mark some cept I am not sure of how they work etc. but it seems to me there are numerous carvings on and near the monument that might be near to final directions.

Even if you do not pursue it to that level you've found an excellent example of at the very least, a Spanish monument. Perhaps your eyes will be opened to other things and you will be amazed like I was..at how much is out there when you go traipsing about.

In the back right there you have an owl looking at you face on. If you care to post a bigger picture I would be interested in seeing what is on that hill or mountain behind it. Nothing to do with this site..but big geo signs are an interest. I think a variety of groups made them and I find them fascinating. Migration or religious perhaps.

Owls generally a favorable sign though they may not always be Spanish. Given its closeness to the turtle..I would think it is Spanish.
For me..an owl facing you can mean 1 of 3 things. 1. Look where owl is looking. 2. Look under the owl (I do not mean dig.) 3. Look in general area around owl.

glyph bird - Copymk.jpg

There seems to be a bell on the left circled there...can you see its clapper? On the right a lambs head with one ear up and pointing right. Um..you probably can not see that..but over time the curves of a lambs head and ears..become familiar.

petroglyphs Eagle copy resizedmk.jpg

Well.. a different time of day may make the thunderbird come out clearer..or dumping some distilled water on it. Hope you enjoy your historic find and continue to find time to follow ancient trails with perhaps new eyes.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
Kim
your post to the new guy was very information and nicely done,
however when you said.,
....You have stumbled onto what is also a Spanish end point.

I know you prefaced this statement by saying, 'I am still learning'
so in light of that I must tell you that this is an Alpha Monument
that means Beginning!...but if you came on something like this from the
other end..then it would look like an end point, really your not wrong..
it just a matter of perspective...and how you came to a sign like this.
hope this helps , in the spirit of a 'touchy' subject..
rangler

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
isis-horus-and-set!

If that is not a hand, would you mind telling us , what it is and what it means?? I do see a set-up in the rock piles in front of the red boulder in the foreground of your pic. Peace! td

Hey! Congratulations to myself,, I've passed 300 posts! Yea!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa! 47 replies in 3 days and no mo' discretion. :icon_scratch:

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
Hey isis-horus-and-set!

Do you think your little kids building a fort, could have also buried a jar in front of one of the piles?? td

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blind.In.Texas said:
Discretion IS the better part of valor. Look at his name......look at all of you...........it looks like a game to me........I wonder if that guy goes by another name and he just posted a picture and assumed it would all go to plan. Seems like it has. GL fellers.......

Well, he isn't wearing brown robes, so that lets out lamar. :laughing7: Maybe it's that guy in Texas. :icon_scratch:

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
Gee Wilikers! If it is anyones business, I gave up on discretion, the original poster, way back,, again, if it's anyone's business, I was trying to establish a rapport with isis-horus!! Maybe I will try him by PM, since we are being told to Get Lost! td

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What doya think BIT?? Will discretion be back soon?

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
I hope our Men isis, doesn't mind my reposting his pic, it shows the Jar the kids have hid! td

Attachments

• Little Dominguez Canyon 136JAR.JPG
    Little Dominguez Canyon 136JAR.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 719

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions