IS THIS A THUNDERBIRD ?

discretion

Nov 3, 2010
OVER LAND AND UNDER SEA
Detector(s) used
WHITES
This is in Southern California.
I found this nice old petroglyph.
I am sure it is a thunderbird, maybe a thunderbird human cross, but it seems to have only one wing and both feet point in the direction of the single wing, EAST.

The guys with me could not see this black thunderbird and thought I was crazy, I asked them to take the picture anyways to humor me.

Attachments

• petroglyphs Eagle copy resized.JPG
    petroglyphs Eagle copy resized.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 1,229
  • glyph bird - Copy.JPG
    glyph bird - Copy.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,251

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
First of all,,, Welcome discretion!!! If you look at your bottom pic,, you are standing in front of a giant turtle head,, it is looking to our right and it seems to be pulled in under it's shell!! Good Luck!! td

hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois
wow cool pic, bottom right is 1 old,old, carving,far right looks like treasure sign,the left is a bird head of some sort.brent

Attachments

• petroglyphs Eagle copy resized.jpgdarke.JPG
    petroglyphs Eagle copy resized.jpgdarke.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,189

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello and Welcome Discretion,

While there are numerous petroglyphs and monuments in SoCal (I live there too), what you have does not appear to be man made.

Before you start taking the see-it-alls too seriously, you should go to known sites and see what real ones look like.

You will likely go through the same thing as everybody else does:

1. In the beginning, you see signs and monuments in every oddly shaped rock.

Then:

2. When none of those pan out to anything, you will get very jaded and start to second guess everything you see. You may discount some things here that you shouldn't.

Then:

3. Hopefully, you won't get stuck in #1 or #2. I see it here all the time. There was a member here (since passed away) that would see Spanish Symbolism in bushes. Ten year old bushes. You couldn't get mad at him, because he was a genuinely nice guy. This is the point where you start to find the balance between imagination and common sense.

See, finding monuments is a delicate balance between right and left brain functions. It ONLY comes with experience and actually finding things. You will find people here that see Spanish/Jesuit Treasure Monuments everywhere, but have done no REAL research into the subject. If you are going to do any serious monument hunting, you have to be (at least) fairly knowledgeable in the fields of Geology, History, Archaeology, Anthropology, and Prospecting, as well as survival, hiking, map reading, and land navigation (the last ones keep you alive while searching).

Best-Mike

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum, discretion. I respectfully suggest that you consider ALL ideas and thoughts presented and make up your own mind. After you research this area of treasure hunting and learn, you'll be able to tell what is important to your project and what is just extra "eye candy". There are some very knowledgeable folks here with years of experiences and there are others who are still learning. I am one of the latter.......still learning. When I mark up a photo, it is with an eye toward identifying everything I believe is NOT natural. If I see something that MIGHT be natural, I'll say so.
Having written that, here is your photo that I've adjusted the contrast and lighting on to bring out what you saw. YOU were correct and your friends were wrong. There IS something there, but the origin of it is the remaining question. I'm posting a copy of the pic untagged and tagged for your use. And, I noticed from the shadows that this photo appears to have been taken pretty close to noon.

First, adjusted light and contrast...........

Second, adjusted light and contrast with my mark ups..........

petroglyphs Eagle copy resized-marked Merged.jpg

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay,

Instead of a lazy "h", how about the head of Mildred from "The Far Side"?

Mike

Attachments

• petroglyphs Eagle copy resized.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,139

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gollum said:
Okay,

Instead of a lazy "h", how about the head of Mildred from "The Far Side"?

Mike

discretion, this is an excellent example of what I was writing about. Thank you, Mike, you were right on time. And BIT's confirmation was right on the mark. :director:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAHAHA I could care less if anyone gets riled up.

While it's not my intent to insult anyone directly, I have to say that many newbies to this start hearing from folks that see treasure signs in EVERY single oddly shaped rock. I can understand highlighting everything that looks interesting, but please don't tell the poor newbies that the natural crack is a secret Templar Symbol.

ACTUAL treasure symbols and monuments are quite rare. There ARE thousands of Trail Markers all over the New World.

Here are the absolute best ways to tell if your monument is man made or not:

1. Confirmation Markings; Almost all monuments will have smaller symbols engraved in them to signify that they are not natural. They come in the form of "A" "S" ">" etc.

2. Other Monuments; Monuments are never solitary things. They are always part of a trail of monuments leading someplace. So, start from your monument and spiral out looking for other monuments. If yours was man made, there WILL be others. Use the second one to establish a general direction and find the rest to reach the end. I have fallen victim to this myself. I find a very interesting rock or rockpile. No confirmation marks, so I start looking for other monuments. I have spent months around a particular rock that just turned out to be an oddity of nature (as I showed with Mildred).

Depending on what type of monuments you are looking for, you will need to learn what nationalities left what markers. Spanish, Jesuit, French, English, Pirate, and Military are all different.

Best of luck-Mike

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
discretion! Here is the Turtle head and Shell that I see, I would see more but the pic blurs on me, when I zoom it. There also seem to be numbers that your Knight seems to be pointing to with his hand/finger,, they look like 2's.
A bit of advice to you Sir,, take what some so-called experts with a handfull of salt,, there are some, who can only see so much,, and they evidently refuse to believe that there are others that can see more than they. This is foolish thinking. Rambo boots on the ground won't get it all done!! If you eventually start to see more and more, go with it, and believe that there is a reason (they) are letting you see more.
Say for instance what is referred to as the greenery, this is also used, green bushes and dried out limbs and trees, I can't explain to you how this is accomplished, the closest I can get to it is some sort of hologram. I have learned that if you refuse to open your mind and give it a chance, then you limit yourself and your hunt!
Another aspect to T-Hunting is the spirit world and dreams,, I had dreams 20 years ago, that to this day are still crystal clear, these are the important ones, in vivid colors and startling detail, meant to always be with you! Some dreams also confirm entrances and pozos and are very important if you can descern them. And sites and formations shown to you one way and completely different when you go back, makes some talk of Portals. And voices spoken in your ear, when you are completely alone! Until, Until, you experiance these things, then you are still a New guy!!
If some say these things don't exist, then I say they are still wet behind the ears!! td PS. I could care even less, if someone gets riled up!! PSS. And forget that nonsense about " a delicate balance between left and right brain functions" HA!

Attachments

• turtlehead.JPG
    turtlehead.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,117

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good points, TDog. Reminded me of Bob Allen's story of the disappearing rock-faced cliff and also how he was attacked by the Indian Sentinel (ghost) and dang near died. An independent source verified that he was NOT a teller of tall tales; that if he said it happened, it happened. I have my own experiences with spirits and have absolutely no doubt that they can help or hinder us in our projects. One MUST listen to that "little voice" and pay attention to it.

discretion, you'll notice that I didn't label that figure as a TBird or anything else. There IS a figure there, it's just not clear enough to make out exactly what it is. There are a couple of large letter-like shapes in the middle of it, but, again, not clear enough to evaluate. Maybe if you got a little closer shot with high resolution. Also, are those things I circled on the left pieces of plant limbs or actual carvings in the stone? That main figure has a faint look of the hawk like figure seen in some Egyptian hieroglyphics. It could also be a direction indicator painted onto the rock by some oil exploration company. :dontknow: Not enough info yet. You have a very good eye, though, to spot that thing. :thumbsup:

minetres

Mar 13, 2008
Discretion,

Desertmoons is right that is a turtle head you are standing next to. You also have some pointers pointing right. The Treasure is in front of the turtle head but you will need to figure out the distance, maybe the length of the wing or arm will give you the Vera.

Minetres

S

Smee

discretion said:
This is in Southern California.
I found this nice old petroglyph.
I am sure it is a thunderbird, maybe a thunderbird human cross, but it seems to have only one wing and both feet point in the direction of the single wing, EAST.

Looks like a thunderbird to me . . . maybe look here at entire page:

http://users.stlcc.edu/mfuller/holliday.html

Resolution of your pic is pretty rough. Are there other petroglyphs in the area?

I blew the pic up and did a process we use for enhancing surveillance photos called "hallucinating" (works great for cleaning up faces, but not so much for other items). I think I saw other things, but it could just be the software "seeing things".

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
here is the solution to the Alpha Monument that caused all the ruckus. Well the mods cleaned up the thread, I had deleted this post in protest, now I repost so the data is not lost. The solution to the alpha is important as it shows how the codemakers think, but had to stay strictly inside the rules.

Distance and Direction, here the trail makes a sharp left hand turn. The Diamond near the front points as the crow flies to the eventually direction of the trail toward the Omega, very well laid out, classic in design, very helpful for the learning curve.
hope this helps
rangler

Attachments

• glyph  - Copy2 marked2a.jpg
    glyph - Copy2 marked2a.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 372
  • glyph  - Copy2 marked2a.jpg
    glyph - Copy2 marked2a.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 374

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Minetrees,,,, get out of my brain..its a squirrely place not meant for faint of heart. ;D ;D ;D Just ignore that pink octopus in there if you see it.

I was thinking that but did not post it. I want to study the picture more before I post but have email to catch up on first.

Discretion, welcome to the forum. You have stepped in when there is a vibrant at times heated discussion going on as to what is "real" and "useful" or not when following a trail. Hence you are getting more than your fair share of advice. Poor thing. But such discussion is a good thing.

I do agree a great way to start out is to look for confirmation signs until your eye is trained for your terrain. Over time (for me about a year) you will be able to to discern what is likely natural and what is likely not.. and usually be able to find the confirmation carvings or other markers that confirm the first one was real. Studying the many posts in this forum helps in that training of the eye.

I also think considering all aspects and thinking out of the box of what is "known and accepted" is a good thing. If you only think inside of the box..well its kind of dark in there.

I never thought it would come to this and I was very reluctant to recognize the truth of it.....but I also agree that dreams, strong intuitions and other such phenomena can indeed be of assistance. It has for me and I was Miss Logical before it happened to me.

So welcome and yes it is something you have found. Its a wonderful endeavor this hobby... mystery, history, nature and discovery all wrapped into one. Enjoy the journey!!

Best Regards
Kim

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rangler said:
Notice here in the pic taken later in the day, you see how the cow skulls horns
have now developed to an unmistakable image, meaning 'the trail splits.
also the black dog has grown from just the face to the front of his chest and head..
I would like to see a close up of this , it just might be a wolf which could change or confirm
the direction of the trail. non the less all the key pieces are facing right, and just passed this
monument you want to ease to the left, as the shadow pointer is say..like a modern road sign
merge left.
also now with this wider view also important, you can see the rock with the 3 digits onit
this is usually a compass heading..It would be nice to confim this as well.

So here is a classic Alpha Monument with at least 7-8 confirmation signs, and with out a hoyo.
[size=10pt]I think most of you missed them all[/size],[ you to Jeff, sorry] save for SS who marked the 7P*..I think that was instinct , but hey what ever works like DM said.
the reason the 7P is hidden so well is the shadows are heavy and I call this optical trickery, almost an illusion..however the Jesuits used true optical illusions, but this takes a different type of FOCUS...and it takes a while to refocus your eyes or brain actually to be able to find this time after time...

Oh and just for fun..my favorite little guy the OWL is here but I let you have something to find for your self in the interest of helping you focus.
hope this helps all you wanna be Agronauts and True Treasure Hunters
rangler

* P7 = Proverbs chapter 7
My son, keep my words < this is telling you that important data is contained here in coded form
and store up my commands within you.< dont forget this , this is true and real
2 Keep my commands and you will live; < follow the instructions and you will live well
guard my teachings as the apple of your eye.< keep this to yourself,
3 Bind them on your fingers;, guard the data well
write them on the tablet of your heart. <dont forget this is serious
4 Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,” < endevor to learn and obtain insights
and to insight, “You are my relative.”< knowledge will solve this puzzle

Why is that only YOUR marks seem to be the right ones and everyone else seems to be looking at irrelevant pareidolia? After all, to me, your marks make no better sense of that rocky contraption than do anyone else's. Your own opinion, of others' marks, confirms my very suspicion. Why is it that you seem never to weigh in on my posts? I believe you are behaving in the VERY SAME manner that you urge others to avoid.

I have posted many finds. Yet I don't recall where you have offered any input regarding translations.

My intent is not to bicker but, to discuss where you get off telling everyone else that their Rorscachs are wrong and only your's are correct. Please, refer to highlighted area in the quote.

I still haven't seen one response to the question I posed in another thread. The question was, "How is it possible that the letter 'B' could represent treasure?"

That question went entirely ignored.

I specifically would like rangler to weigh in on this.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cow shadow??????????????? Now, that's interesting. Be careful, though. My "pooping dog" was laughed at, ignored, and, yes, shat upon. ( ;D couldn't resist that last one).
Oh, and the new word is "simulacra". It's easier to spell than the "p" word. :icon_study:

I'm also wondering why it was necessary to use jacko's name in item G-3? That wasn't cool.

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstack said:
Cow shadow??????????????? Now, that's interesting. Be careful, though. My "pooping dog" was laughed at, ignored, and, yes, shat upon. ( ;D couldn't resist that last one).
Oh, and the new word is "simulacra". It's easier to spell than the "p" word. :icon_study:

I'm also wondering why it was necessary to use jacko's name in item G-3? That wasn't cool.
Sometimes, those who are losing ground attempt redirect the focus, of a given issue, away from themselves because they have stirred up more than they can rectify. This attempt at confusion is common among children and teenagers and occurs because they lack the necessary information, skill, or experience to deal with the situation. Sometimes it is intentional and sometimes it isn't. I worked with troubled youths for a few years and I saw plenty of that.

SS, I agree that throwing an innocent bystander under a bus is not cool.

Total credibility earned?..........0
Total crickets heard?..........8.5

I realize that there seems to be a highjack in progress. Ifthe original poster wishes, I remove all comments that are off topic, and post them in "The Office.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread