Treasure Sign? Circle in the middle of N-S-E-W directional lines

Nov 13, 2010
boulangergold99 said:
Does anyone know what a circle in the middle of north, south, east, & west directional lines means? The lines don't run throught the middle of the circle. Sorry, I don't have a pic. Someone in my family found this sign a long time ago while walking in the woods. Thanks for any help!
The simplest answer would be a simple windrose. The simplest use would have been to give directions to travellers.......A trail marker, if you like. Figure out if it is set to magnetic north or true north. If there are any other carvings in the area, the windrose you speak of may be of use, in conjunction with said sign. Otherwise, it is likely to be a simple guide. GL.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
boulangergold99 said:
Does anyone know what a circle in the middle of north, south, east, & west directional lines means? The lines don't run throught the middle of the circle. Sorry, I don't have a pic. Someone in my family found this sign a long time ago while walking in the woods. Thanks for any help!

A picture would help, ...

OP
OP
beulahlandgirl

beulahlandgirl

Apr 14, 2010
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.Chainsaw.Charlie. said:
boulangergold99 said:
The simplest answer would be a simple windrose. The simplest use would have been to give directions to travellers.......A trail marker, if you like. Figure out if it is set to magnetic north or true north. If there are any other carvings in the area, the windrose you speak of may be of use, in conjunction with said sign. Otherwise, it is likely to be a simple guide. GL.

Thanks Charlie for the help, that's probably what it was. BG99

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions