14 articles of faith

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
okey. Yesterday...I finally found out those church symbols are called the "instruments of the passion and the death" and if you look for those there may be an explanation of the "7". I've not found it but did find meaning of a few of the symbols.

Oddrock nothing to add just now. But I will be looking you can be sure.

Just yesterday I had come to the conclusion some group must have used a pecked code... light little pecks..almost seemingly random..except context would suggest they are not. And not straight like yours....then saw your posts.

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
DM

There is at least one code of just dots or drilled or pecked holes, that I am aware of. From one to five dots together for each symbol and not in a line like I posted on Old Dog's thread.

The following is supposed to represent the first article of faith.

Oddrock

Attachments

• SCAN0177.JPG
    SCAN0177.JPG
    243.5 KB · Views: 346

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Not sure it is pertinent..but if these were done or created or started during the era near and around Cortez,,,then the Franciscans and Dominicans or even the Augustines may have had a hand in it or some influence in the symbology.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Duh... I should have read your first post..
Ok..I was researching another subject last night and just realized something I found might be related to this.

Here is one example. It looks like the next step would be one of those trilingual...books. Image is from Newberry library used here for research purposes. The Newberry is a wonderful place..if you ever get out that way. Sometimes in can be difficult to gain access, serious researchers only.

15-1.jpg

"This reliance on graphic art as the sole form of communication involved the repetition and promotion of syncretized conventional figures and idols in primary colors. The catechism is to be read from left to right across both pages. De-coding the text, though challenging, is facilitated by consulting the trilingual editions of the "doctrina cristiana" published by friars and widely circulated throughout cities and provinces."

I do not know if a Catechism touches upon articles of faith, instruments of passion and death. Just a lead.

http://www.newberry.org/smith/slidesets/ss15.html

Articles...

Written by P. Gaspar Astete. born in 1537 and died in 1601

ARTICLES OF FAITH is fourteen, the first seven members of the Godhead, and the other seven, the sacred humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ, God and true man.

ARTICLES OF FAITH is fourteen, the first seven members of the Godhead, and the other seven, the sacred humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ, God and true man.

Los que pertenecen a la Divinidad son éstos: Those who belong to the Divinity are these:

El primero, creer en un solo Dios todopoderoso. The first, believe in one God Almighty.

El segundo, creer que es Padre. The second, believe that is the Father.

El tercero, creer que es Hijo. The third, believe it son.

El cuarto, creer que es Espíritu Santo. The fourth, believe it is the Holy Spirit.

El quinto, creer que es Criador. The fifth, believe it's Creator.

El sexto, creer que es Salvador. The sixth, believe it Salvador.

El séptimo, creer que es Glorificador. The seventh, believing that it is glorifying.

Los que pertenecen a la santa Humanidad son éstos: Those who belong to the sacred humanity are these:

El primero, creer que nuestro Señor Jesucristo, en cuanto hombre, fue concebido por obra y gracia del Espíritu Santo. The first, believing that our Lord Jesus Christ, as man, was conceived by the grace of the Holy Spirit.

El segundo, creer que nació de Santa María Virgen, siendo ella Virgen antes del parto, en el parto y después del parto. The second, believe born of the Virgin Mary, she being a virgin before childbirth, childbirth and postpartum.

El tercero, creer que recibió muerte y pasión por salvar a nosotros, pecadores. Third, believe that death and passion was to save us sinners.

El cuarto, creer que descendió a los infiernos, y sacó las ánimas de los santos Padres, que estaban esperando su santo advenimiento. The fourth, believing that he descended into hell, and took the souls of the Fathers, who were expecting their holy coming.

El quinto, creer que resucitó al tercero día de entre los muertos. The fifth, to believe that he rose again the third day of the dead.

El sexto, creer que subió a los Cielos y está sentado a la diestra de Dios Padre todopoderoso. The sixth, believe that He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty.

El séptimo, creer que vendrá a juzgar a los vivos ya los muertos: conviene a saber, a los buenos para darles gloria porque guardaron sus santos Mandamientos, ya los malos pena perdurable porque no los guardaron. The seventh, believing it will come to judge the living and the dead: to wit, the quick to give glory because it kept his holy commandments, and enduring the bad penalty because they kept them.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Does happy dance!

Here is a copy of the Gante Doctrina. Slow loading but there it is. Along the way ..I read there are 25 such picture books around..up from 9 I suppose when you researched it.

Click on
http://bdh.bne.es/bnesearch/

checkmark Buscar en el texto de los documentos

search (buscar) on the word gante

On the page the comes up click on the second item...

2. Catecismo de la doctrina cristiana

Pedro de Gante- - Manuscrito - entre 1501 y 1600
(Búsqueda contextual)

On the page that comes up click on the picture of writing. It will load the viewer.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
DM nice, here is a direct link to that pg, click img, if your browser is set to open
in a new window it will, i did like 4x,and it opened to the pg every time
http://tinyurl.com/4s984sf

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
desertmoons said:
Does happy dance!

Here is a copy of the Gante Doctrina. Slow loading but there it is. Along the way ..I read there are 25 such picture books around..up from 9 I suppose when you researched it.

Click on
http://bdh.bne.es/bnesearch/

checkmark Buscar en el texto de los documentos

search (buscar) on the word gante

On the page the comes up click on the second item...

2. Catecismo de la doctrina cristiana

Pedro de Gante- - Manuscrito - entre 1501 y 1600
(Búsqueda contextual)

On the page that comes up click on the picture of writing. It will load the viewer.

DM
Thank you very much, we are on the same page now...To clarify the reference to "9" picture books...that is from a notebook about 100 years old. I have a lot of research ahead of me. :laughing9:.....and and no, I was not the arthur of the notebook.

Oddrock

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread