Joshua trip 095.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 347

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Hi Zany,
Welcome aboard.

Experience says the face looks in the direction of travel.
The two triangle pointers on top are the actual trail markers.

Have you walked this one out?

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
I see at least 2 faces..and that strong lined..cross like thing.

Something else...not sure if it is a horse head or hog head. Other things too..will mark up in next day or so.

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
ZZ,

Interesting photo I have not seen before. I took the liberty of marking some of what I see. In red, from left to right, a standing bird that could be of Egyptian influence/or has a shadow owl on top of it's head, then a perched Eagle with wings up and back looking down at the trail, then another shadow bird looking in the direction as is the Lion.
In green, either a rabbit or maybe a camel (both grass eaters) , could mean good grazing ahead in most years.
In yellow, a shadow confirmation Bell with a partially inverted Bell above and to the left.
I suspect at the correct time of day you may find the shadow/sun Heart.
I would venture a guess that this is a major trail representing both the King's and the Church's interest.

Oddrock

Attachments

• zanyzs lion.JPG
    zanyzs lion.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 314

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, I see Hog or Pig Head.....looking toward the bank

desertmoons said:
I see at least 2 faces..and that strong lined..cross like thing.

Something else...not sure if it is a horse head or hog head. Other things too..will mark up in next day or so.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good eyes, Oddrock. That eagle is outstanding. The eagle was used by Rome, also, on their standard. They showed a great reverence to that bird. The Egyptians used the eagle and the hawk in their hyrogliperics. (I know I mispelled that word and "Spell Check" says I did, BUT, it doesn't know the correct spelling EITHER. ;D)

Cheez, Hoosier. How'd you get my yellow crayon?? I NEED IT! I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT! :tongue3: :tongue3: :laughing7:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa, Hoosier. That ain't MY crayon. Mine is worn waaaaay down from use. (or OVER use, as some might say. LMAO)

zany:
Trying to separate the Ancient stuff from the Spanish (or vice versa) is the trick here, I think. There are a LOT of faces; with some of them overlapping. The full history of this monument would be an outstanding "read". Instead of marking on one photo, I'm trying a slightly different technique.

The eagle that Oddrock called out is beautiful. I've circled an area just below it that looks to have at least 3 standards marked into the rock surface.

Crouching Eagle.jpg

This viper head is more Ancient I think than Spanish, but I could be wrong here. Other sites have LARGE snakes on them that are supposedly Spanish, so this well detailed viper face / head still could be Spanish. Especially when you take into consideration the the eagle and standards are just below it. The Spanish could have destroyed the snake head if they didn't want to use it.....even if they didn't put it there in the first place. The white circle to the side / back of the head illustrates that that area is OPEN. The snake head is a free standing carving.

The Viper.jpg

This devil head is kinda obvious.

Devil head.jpg

OP
OP
zanyzonies

zanyzonies

Jan 7, 2011
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Thank you for your replies and input. this particular place has captivated me for some time.

Old Dog: Walked only a portion of it. it's a long trail.

Desert Moon: I saw the cross, but now that you've pointed them out, I do see them!

Odd Rock: Thank you. (this is very South Western) the one in green suddenly stands out, and the one in red I had not seen that one either! I will be going out soon, and just watching the shadows, and taking more pictures. what would the "Eagle" watching the trail signify in your opinion?

HOOSIERau: Very possible, I'll need to follow Odd Rock's advice, and camp out and do some time laps photos from many different angels.

Short Stack:Yes, yes, I do not have nearly the experience and knowledge that some of you have gained. I have been paying attention the last ten years or so, and I am just absolutely thrilled to have found this Forum, where not only do you know what your looking at, but dint look at me like I've lost my mind or some nut job trying to point out the "Mother ship" ;)

I've been a lurker for some time. and look forword to sharing some photos and storeys with you all. and learning as much a possible from this place.
My spelling sucks, and I'm not all that edjima,,, eduka,,,,, em
,,, Smart! so thank you in advance on putting up with me.
I have spent many days reading your post, and am amazed at the knowledge that some of you have. and look forword to getting to know you better.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, zany, for your nice comments. I see you are in the South Central Az. area. WHOOO hooo, that puts you in the center of the "good stuff". LOL
Everyone and his brother has trod upon your ground. Ancients, Spanish, Aztecs, etc. That term "Ancients" covers many possible variations. European and Mediterranean and north African countries as some examples. Main line scientists would deny that, but.................................
Enjoy your new obsession hobby. ;D :thumbsup:

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
It is just so neat when your eyes start seeing and you realize just how long and extensively the southwest was populated and traveled. Look forward to seeing some of your adventures.

I've marked a few things I saw. The info rock is a supposition only. The shadow ?? I've seen one time before. Not sure of the meaning but it sure looks familiar.

There are tons of other things per usual.

Attachments

• Joshua trip 095mk.jpg
    Joshua trip 095mk.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 247

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread