Number "8" and "Infinity" Symbols

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
Number "8" and "Infinity" Symbols

I was wondering if anyone knew the meaning of an infinity symbol or the number 8 used by the spaniards. I have read some interpretations but they are pretty vague and since they may have different meanings depending on how or on what they are placed on, getting the most info on this would be very helpful to me and others in deciphering in the field.

I know rangler and old dog (who are 2 of the best on this forum in my opinion :wink:) may know much about this and im hoping you'll reply.

Thanks in advance everyone for your input.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Number "8" and "Infinity" Symbols

Aiora ,welcome back.
the reason you might have found the answers vague is the all important context...
in biblical terms the number 8 means, new beginnings , as in the 8 th day started a new week or beginning...

if you want a more estorotic explanation try this from Corinthians ...Circumcision was to be performed on the eighth day (Gen 17:12), because it was the foreshadowing of the true circumcision of the heart, that which was to be "made without hands," even "the putting off of the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ" (Col 2:11).

And more in context of this forum...the number 8 = cache

In a chinese dialect the sound of the letter 8 when spoken , sounds like 'fortune' so it is considered lucky...don't forget the codemakers had many brothers in China in the early days, and loved to use symbols from different times and cultures to further encode the meanings of their symbols...
8 can mean perfection as in mathematics, laid on its side it means infinity. In code this symbol means 'look' here or look close.
8 is also the first cubed number,[2x2x2 = 8] - the cube is symbolic of the truth and the Resurrection [the significance of the cube is seen in the fact that the "Holy of Holies," both in the Tabernacle and in the Temple, were cubes]

So if you see this on a treasure trail, then you know it's a good sign to find...but remember it is all about context so if you see it, then it has a relationship to the other signs..
hope this helps...
rangler

Attachments

• pa turtle.JPG
    pa turtle.JPG
    9.5 KB · Views: 636

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

I have seen the number 8 used in a context with other numbers.
The numbers when transferred to their alphabetical equals made words.

the number 8 = G in the Castillian alphabet
It is also understood that the letter G also translates to 8.

Rangler,
Just figured I would add this.

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The 8 symbol or number is used to bring you money. Some carried this made with a wire formed into the 8 shape on there person to bring riches to their selves or what ever they were doing at the time.

It will be seen marked above the door in old homes or stores. Although I have not seen it used this way lately .
You will see people carry the number 8 written on a slip of paper in there wallet or purse to bring money also.

Hope this helps a little , and there are a lot of pages on the web about the 8 and how to use it and how it is used.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread