is indian face possibly meaningful? (no pic) sorry

H

Hartmanchr

hey all, I don't have a pic of this right now. I am just curious to know if it is possibly relevant--such as have heard of this type of sign before. beside a well travelled highway in my home state is a piece of ledge that resembles the face of an indian. There is no reference that I am aware of anywhere that this ledge is man made. Is this possibly some sort of marker? if so what kind would it be? thanks for any input. Sorry I don't currently have a photo.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to Kenworthy's book, if the Indian face in in profile, it would be looking in the direction of bad Indian areas. It was meant to warn follow-on Spanish miners not to go " in that " direction--for their own safety.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Be careful about rock faces - there are hundreds if not thousands of them out there. Once you're tuned in to the concept, it's very easy to see faces on rock structures. Kenworthy's books have sold well, but that doesn't guarantee his ideas are proven.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread