Spanish gold trail markers/monuments pictures

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldenfleece said:
I am no expert on the matter but no fool either , The marks look pretty clear, and very large in size, but this could be a death trap , or a big treasure find , who knows wish you luck ,take care,

I agree. No fool either, but there are too many other marks and carvings at this site to discount it. See, with monuments and carvings, you have to take in the big picture. If this "X" were all by itself, with nothing else around, I would probably say it is most likely made by Mother Nature. Since there are several other carvings and monuments that are definitely man made, I say this is as well.

The Broken Heart Carvings tend to say that there is (or was) a Death Trap here. And don't just think that it would be one or the other. If you find a Death Trap, it guarantees that there is (or was) a valuable mine/treasure nearby. The Spanish made the Death Traps a little easier to find than the actual mine/cache. You can find a cache/mine without a Death Trap, but you will NEVER find a Death Trap without there being a mine/cache nearby. After all, why go to the trouble to build a Death Trap, if there is nothing to protect.

I think you are close on your guess, but look at Reply#35. The Spanish rarely used small turtle carvings. If they used a Turtle, it was usually as a large monument, with carvings on it's shell. I believe that it is not a turtle, but a face, looking at a map of the area. It basically says, "Follow the references on this rock to find the _________"

I keep saying "is (or was)" because there is always a good chance that there may be a vault/mine, but it may have been emptied by the original owners, or another treasure hunter sometime in the last 200 years. Just remember, if you can find it, so can someone else. The only thing that protects any of the remaining mines/caches are Mother Nature, and the sheer ingenuity of the mine engineer that figured out how to hide them. Once somebody finds the clues, it's not that hard (with the right knowledge and/or equipment) to get to the end of the rainbow.

Oh, and not likely to be a skull either. Most likely a coiled snake. Once again, look at #35.

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gord said:
It actually looks more to me like a GilaMonster (turtle) with a machine-gun (cross).
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
Polygragh and if needed sodium P
gollum said:
Oh, and everybody should know, if you haven't seen the thread, that Jacko passed away yesterday in his sleep.

Mike

What happened to Bucks post about Jacko???
S
I'll always remember you JJ , you loved life and lived it to the fullest!
Always
Your Friend
Mesa

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldenfleece said:
similar again

Fairly similar. I know where the Priest Stone was found. I wonder if Twilla's Spot is anywhere near there?

Mike

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
you know after looking at the photo again the one that JJ marked to me it kinda looking like the priest is may be bending over and praying ???don't it ??? Buck

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
goldenfleece said:
i disagree looks more like what i spoted in the picture ,a turtle or preist holding a cross just like the priest map, i would l@@K at what the skull i have outlined is looking at or direction in , it might be the direction to look , not here as this is very lightly to be a death trap.
Well Sir I will not ague with you about what it looks like this is not my find it is some one else's I am just giving her my insight :-\ that is all not to fight on what it looks like to each his own :o Buck

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
gollum said:
Fairly similar. I know where the Priest Stone was found. I wonder if Twilla's Spot is anywhere near there?

Mike

I highly doubt it. The terrain dosen't look anything like it. I could be wrong though :)

bytheriver

Jul 11, 2006
goldenfleece said:
I have noticed jacko has made many contributions to this site and a great loss , sorry to here the sad news

OK if you think the X is real ,then i like you to look at what i have spoted , you could be right there might more to these rocks than meets the blind eye ,

I am new to this hmmmm! I saw a cross or maybe a thunderbird half way down the back of the turtle to the right side. This is so much fun and also very exciting to see the joy this brings to all of the modern prospectors!

River

OP
OP
T

Twilla

Jun 21, 2006
gollum said:
goldenfleece said:
similar again

Mike

I don't see the priest holding the cross in my pictures. Would someone mind painting it and showing me please? Also, where was the "Priest Stone" found? It looks like somebody took a magic marker to a rock! What would it mean if it IS a priest holding the cross? We know the sun won't be right, but we're going to go out while it's cool in a couple hours and just look around, if we see anything interesting, we'll take a picture and post it!

T

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's not exactly what the priest stone looks like. The lines in that pic have been accentuated. Here is a picture of the real Priest Stone:

Attachments

• horsebk.gif
    horsebk.gif
    75.9 KB · Views: 3,031

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
goldenfleece said:
Dear Bucks
your comments are well apreatated and possibily read,and you could be right i not argue with you got better things to do , but i like to think twilla i hope has found/solved A big mystery , the lost priests gold, sorry if you think i am your freind i do not know you , so dont be sad , good luck twilla you might find a point in history :P :P
THE NAME IS BUCK---- no s ;) Buck

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buck said:

Probably just wishful thinking! Maybe you should change your name! Maybe it would change your luck! ;D ;D

Mike

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
gollum said:
Buck said:

Probably just wishful thinking! Maybe you should change your name! Maybe it would change your luck! ;D ;D

Mike
:o well after 50+ years would kind of hard my Granddad named me that have called that by every one in my family and GF was the first one to missprononce it did not think that it was that hard of name ;)may be i will change to Goldenfleas ;D ;D what do you think sounds good huh BUCK

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buck said:
gollum said:
Buck said:

Mike
:o well after 50+ years would kind of hard my Granddad named me that have called that by every one in my family and GF was the first one to missprononce it did not think that it was that hard of name ;)may be i will change to Goldenfleas ;D ;D what do you think sounds good huh BUCK

No, I meant change your name to "Bucks" as in "a lot of bucks" maybe you will get lucky on the trail! ;D ;D

After some questions I got PM'ed regarding the Peralta Stones, I added a thread to the "Lost Dutchman" Section in "Treasure Legends" about them.

Mike

OP
OP
T

Twilla

Jun 21, 2006
Here are some more pix we took. The one with the pig on the stone is a HUGE boulder shaped like either an arrowhead or a triangle that is being held up on the left rear side by the stones shown and on the front with another arrowhead or triangle. Underneath this boulder is a depression filled with stones that appear to have just been thrown in. The pig is pointing to a squared off "U" that has a stone in it that would indicate, according to one of Kenworthy's books, that it is a man trail and stay left. That is about the only way to go as far as we could see so I don't know why they would have marked the trail like that. Also, I threw in another picture of a carved circle with a dot in it that also has a "look through" hole beneath it. What do you think guys?

T

Attachments

• circle with dot and pointer rock.jpg
    circle with dot and pointer rock.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 2,780
  • rocks thrown in.jpg
    rocks thrown in.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 2,730
  • resting on these rocks.jpg
    resting on these rocks.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 2,732
  • pig on the rock.jpg
    pig on the rock.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 2,720
OP
OP
T

Twilla

Jun 21, 2006
Buck said:
gollum said:
Buck said:

Mike

I kinda like your name BUCK..... lotsa bucks sounds pretty good to don't you think?

T

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
Twilla said:
Buck said:
gollum said:
Buck said:

Mike

I kinda like your name BUCK..... lotsa bucks sounds pretty good to don't you think?

T
Thank you Twilla I have a aunt by that name have not seen her in about 30 years when I was a small boy till my teen age years I hated my name Buck But that what all my family called me it is my nick name but after my Grand dad passed on I got away from it but my mom and some of my family still called me Buck after my mom passed away I went back to being called Buck out of love for my mother also if you look on a car from wyo you will see my name sake Twilla I do hope that you find your treasure i really do ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread