Symbols

uthunter

Sep 7, 2010
Cache County, Utah
When I opened the photo in my editor and changed the color aspect, the date looks (to me) like

NOVEMBEr
14, 1964

Beech Tree November 14.jpg

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A NEK-KED woman??? :snorting: :snorting: :snorting: WHERE?????? :occasion18: :occasion18: :occasion16: :love4: ...:sleepy2:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back to being a little more serious; I wonder if these carvings are just a record of some idi0t's "conquest" back in 1964.

outdoorfun

Apr 10, 2010
I have found beach tree in Ohio with some of the same carvings only more of them & different one also on a limb that was bent out 90 deg. then up again. markings went up as high as about 12'. tree I think would be about 100 yrs old from my figuring growth rate and diameter, that would be after civil war a ways.
This strikes me as odd that the trees are several hundred miles apart. I wounder if there is a connection to the same type of markings (the ones refereed as man & woman by someone on here) and what do they mean.
any Ideas out there?

poorfarm

Feb 13, 2011
the 90 deg bent limb can mean 2 things
1 used as a pointer pointing the dir
2 if it comes off the trunk it makes a no 4

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
poorfarm said:
the 90 deg bent limb can mean 2 things
1 used as a pointer pointing the dir
2 if it comes off the trunk it makes a no 4

Hehe . . . thinking like a modern person.

Think for a moment: If you were bending a tree by your lonesome, as it was done, would it be easier to aim the tree at something behind your, or something in front of you? Think of where you would be positioned to make the bends and reason it out for yourself.

poorfarm

Feb 13, 2011
stoneside the way the x is cut looks like pointing this way
but there looks like numbers there get a little closer on pic
to see if u can pick out anything
travel that dir see what u can see

Attachments

• X_on_Tree.jpg
    X_on_Tree.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 923

Southernhunter

Sep 21, 2006
Florida
I would like to put forth a couple of ideas on this topic.

1. The carvings and date seem disparate in nature. The carved date is rough, jagged & messy whereas the carvings have smooth edges & are in an even orientation.

Depending where you are at in N. GA there are a few historical periods you should bear in mind vis treasure:

A. Spanish exploration & mining on the general latitude of Carters Lake (where there was a large Indian settlement) and eastwards.

B. The Cherokee firmly resided and mined gold and silver in this region (Roughly on the latitude of Gainesville, GA & northwards, which happens to correspond to the GA gold belt) and when they were forcibly relocated, had no choice but to leave their mines & valuables behind. Ergo, they would cache them & leave markings in the event of return.

C. The whole KGC thing.

There are also quite a few treasure legends for N. GA. such as those presented in "Georgia's Fabulous Treasure Hoards" by Ernest Andrews

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004
If Ris is correct about the upper drawing being woman, and lower being man.....(exposed privates, in this case with saw teeth)........
Ask yourself what a man looks for.....(what are his privates looking for).........a womans privates.......a dark moist wet place.....a cave, well, or interior spring. In a similar instance, I followed the males privates for almost a 1/2 mile, and found directly on line, the concealed cave with spring, and
corresponding carvings........Maybe this will help.......the saw teeth may be distance in the direction of the pointing, protruding, private parts of the male......
clueman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread