• whatis.jpg
    whatis.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 724

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it's sitting on an old creek bed, or is that just a dry wash? Something shaped like that, that close to a water source would usually mean it is part of the ore refining process. Look inside this pit to see if there is any indication of a fire having been inside.

I would say to look for a few different things in the immediate vicinity of this structure:
1. Adobe Dollars. A byproduct of the smelting process.
2. Small pieces of broken rock (crushed ore). Could have used the water in the creek separating the wheat from the chaff (so to speak).
3. Bones If it were used for cooking, they wouldn't have wanted to carry dinner too far from the fire.
4. Look for larger rocks that may have been on top of the flat surface. This could be the base of a smelter, with the upper portion removed for the season.

Mike

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
Now, this is impressive! I think you know what this is Mesa buddy. Nice photo ;D ;D

ericwt

OP
OP
MesaBuddy

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
Polygragh and if needed sodium P
Why sure I do Eric ;) and it's in Northern,AZ
Have an Outstanding Day
MesaB

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
Yea I also know what this is it is my summer retreat from phoenix az and yea I BBQ on top of the roof ever have BBQ snake ??? you are missing a real treat mmmm BOY come up this forth of July BBQ snake BYOB be looking for you real soon ;D ;D ; ;D Buck

Leones Corazon

Mar 26, 2006
Grand Junction Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808
Equinox 800
Go Find 60
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey buck...hows it hangin? Was tryin to get down there but i have been working so much what little time i have off i spend working on the camper or the wifes burb. Regardless of the heat i hope to get down there and at least do some visiting before winter. The camper is kinda like home base so she has to be up to snuff. www.blazerchalet.com....you can check out my spanish trail exploration mobile base camp...lol.

DW

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
azstomper said:
Hey buck...hows it hangin? Was tryin to get down there but i have been working so much what little time i have off i spend working on the camper or the wifes burb. Regardless of the heat i hope to get down there and at least do some visiting before winter. The camper is kinda like home base so she has to be up to snuff. www.blazerchalet.com....you can check out my spanish trail exploration mobile base camp...lol.

DW
Hey doug great to hear from you well the weather here is 110+ and now the rains have started I just set around the pool and watch old RERUNS You sent me a photo of a rock and I need more info will sent you more on your other site Buck

Colorado Bob

May 6, 2005
Not sure just what that one is, but I have come across a couple of objects somewhat similar to that one.

Couple of the guys tell me they are sure that they are associated with ST.. I just listen and let them talk, can't change their minds anyway.

I know for a fact that they have nothing to do with ST, and the ones that I know of are nothing more than old, old Indian sweat house.

Mesa, you still dumping concrete over there?? Getting too hot for that!!

I was over the other side of 29 Palms a couple weeks ago, for a short time, looking at some things. Didn't get to spend as much time as I wanted to as I wanted to get back over to the Old Woman Mts. and the Turtles. I'm now back on the Colorado River looking at a couple of things before heading back to the Turtles.

Need to get up to the canyon when it cools off a bit.

Was on the Quad the other day, did around 35 mi. back in these hills and had to give it up around 3:00 PM as the temp was at 115 back in that hole, and the machine was starting to run a little warm. But did find a another bit of info. that I was looking for.

Keep cool, Mesa.

Bob T.

OP
OP
MesaBuddy

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
Polygragh and if needed sodium P
Hey Bob! Good to hear from you ;D
Yeah been pouring lot's of concrete over here in Phoenix , have not done to much over in CA , picked up a couple of contractors here and they are keeping me busy
You get any rain over there ? Been 105 with high humidity for the last week the monsoons are in high gear
Yeah as soon as it cools of we'll head up to the canyon ;)
Best Always
Buddy

tammahawk

Mar 8, 2005
that pic is symbolic of an entrance thats near by from what i can see its not far, theres much in the pic but the angle isnt the best for reading whats there I would rephoto this from a full 360 and repost the pics,tammahawk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions