• sm1.jpg
    sm1.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 399

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
DM

Lot's of lookers and no replies so far. (54) I will go out on the old "limb" and guess that there are "Spanish" signs included with this picture....along with some prior visitors...and some Johnny come latelies. :laughing9:

Oddrock

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moons:
Looks like you've found another "Story Rock" with a Spanish symbol or two hidden in it. Kinda like the one Old Dog posted last year. I vote with Oddrock; a lot of "visitors" left their mark here.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casca:
Last year, Old Dog posted a photo of an Indian Story rock that had a couple of Spanish symbols hidden in it. The Spanish appeared to have used the old Indian rock for camouflage.
In this photo, I see a large "7" in the upper right corner; a "T" on the right side, below center; and at the bottom center is a symbol that looks like the one for "covered shaft". I am no "expert" in this area, but that's what I see here. Could be other things, too, but these 3 things kinda stand out.

OP
OP
desertmoons

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
I agree..Native, Spanish or related and maybe something a little newer,. I've no special knowledge of this panel. The photo was taken about 100 years ago. I came upon the panel after a long hike up a narrow canyon and.... hehe No I did not take it. It is in Brazil.

The upper left area is especially interesting to me. Around that profile face or shield or whatever it might be.

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
Casca said:
Odd rock, thats not here in America is it? They way the signs are written, its too busy. You can pick out a lot of stuff. But I would have to look at this for a long time. I cant recognize it for anything. Its looks almost tribal, but not north american. Do you live close to a coast, say Washington State?

Casca,

Never been to Washington State, yet. The pic is Desert Moon's. (Thank you Shortstack for your clarification) Good luck on your site. I do not post every day as I still spend a lot of time in the field and do not always have computer access. I also get tired of some of the personal attacks and bickering that shows up from time to time. There is some good information to be had and perhaps some bad too on this web site....so I would use what seems to fit my site and ENJOY the search.

Oddrock

OP
OP
desertmoons

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Nods...seems like there might be a lot of topo info there don't you think?

Interesting to see what they were doing down south. Seems like there might be some religious influence there too.....

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Here is what the picture shows me at a glance,
there seems to be a bit more Spanish influence than is normally seen.

Attachments

• sm1.jpg
    sm1.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 273

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thom:
Doesn't that figure in the upper left quad look like the 1st Infantry Division's (Army) shoulder patch?

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
kim,
on the lower left is...OAR
reversed it is RAO or Romans, Chapter 1 verse 15..

"So I am eager to preach the gospel to you also who are in Rome."

perhaps some political or secular satire by the Jesuits....I guess Spanish and then some..
agree with Minetres a treasure map, however distorted and weathered.
rangler

100px-Escudo_oficial_de_Villena.svg.png
coat of arms of portugal circa 1670's brazils' occupier

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread