philippine treasure signs....mindanao

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
kumustaka Goldcarl
welcome to net, post some pics of your finds and we will do our best to help you with them..
Yamashi.ta signs are taken off the spanish code changed just a bit to suit their culture.
but a very strong influence of Jesuit/Spanish code is evident. Some are direct copies, others are wholly Japanese, even using ancient Script of Kanga. We have some of them figured out...
salamat
rangler

samphil

May 29, 2011
To Rangler: Please help me interpret the signs on the rock as shown on the picture below. I found the rock somewhere in southern mindanao.

Attachments

• pic101.jpg
    pic101.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 23,851

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
sam,
the pic is too close..I do see what looks like a drill hole, dsty has posted the best know decoding of the drill holes used by the spanish and others..check his posts...in the meantime a shot of the rock at a farther distance is in order...we need to see the sign in context..with each other, what else is around besides the drill hole..
salamat pinoy
rangler

usaCLR_cg32.gif
long may it wave, over the greatest country
on Gods green earth...
memorial day 2011.

samphil

May 29, 2011
To Rangler: Here's the other pic, but it's not so clear.

Attachments

• pic102.jpg
    pic102.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 15,941

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
Sam,
the ability to decode symbols depends on good photos...very anxious to see what you have found, but the photo is not so good..infact sorry to say manung, useless..

as always photo at the optimum time ie, 10 am until 1pm with the sun to your back if possible...then we can help
salamat
rangler

takara13103

Greenie
Nov 4, 2004
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sam, by all means, break your rock! You ( and us readers) will surely gain something from your experience. If your rock turns out something, well ...... The drill hole there seems to tell us that you are on the spot of the treasure. Please document your efforts and share us your experience. May we hear from you.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
PLEASE DON'T, break your rock, your drill hole has a lot of information on it, photo the entire rock sometimes theres a feature in the shape of it, it seems to be on an angle, if it is then its a mooring hole and should be in the shape of transmission funnel, big at the top and small at the bottom or have a concave bottom. If it looks to the side then it has been my experience that a drill hole that big will send you away to look somewhere else, just stay with the trail, just look at the shape of the rock to see if it matches the surrounding terrain, there will be other things in the area to indicate the direction, if not then stay on the trail that got you there. Should be something else within a couple hundred feet.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sam:
NOBODY with good intentions would ever tell you to break that rock.

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
I believe takara was referring to breaking the code on the rock, and not literally " breaking the rock ". td

takara13103

Greenie
Nov 4, 2004
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well, I literally meant to break the rock. Pulverize if need be. The drill hole there means end of the treasure trail.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
A good treasure hunter will never destroy a sign.
That drill hole is never the end of a trail, only directions to the next sign.

If this is the way you read signs it's not a wonder why you don't find anything.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
thom,
correct sir, never ever., what his guy is referring to - incorrectly - was the habit of the japanese hide everything from jewels to gold bars in side cement containers, not natural rocks, but the incorrect rumor swept all over the islands in the republic of the philippines.

these refrigerator sized concrete vaults have been found on beaches, and rivers all over the islands.

looking forward to better pics Carl
rangler

takara13103

Greenie
Nov 4, 2004
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The way I see it, it's the end of the trail. The signs are just in front of you.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
If you have a burning desire to know whats inside the rock a metal detector will answer your question. More photos of the entire rock and a good photo of the bottom of the drill hole will answer some questions also. Thanks

samphil

May 29, 2011
Thank you guys for the inputs, I guess I have to be very careful here. So those simple marks might have meaning after all.

Mighty

Oct 30, 2013
Iligan City
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Pro Metal Detector with Treasure Hound Eagle Eye Depth Multiplier and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am from Philippines specifically in Mindanao. I have also visited lots of treasure spots and I've seen lots of Stone signs and markings in a place occupied by Japanese Army during WWII but its hard for me to interpret!Here are some of the said engraved stone signs and markings:
20131005_112923.jpg
20131002_111912.jpg

Last edited:

erictreasure

Greenie
Dec 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a site here in the Visayan region and we have some positive signs engraved in the rock namely ( a heart shape, an F and an arrow). Our site also has a Japanese history. A lot of treasure hunters(korean and japanese) have been visiting our lot before and were very interested. Some of the koreans dug up some bones and brought it to korea. It is in the mountains and is near a river creek. A bomb was also found beside our lot and the bomb( water barrel size) was pointing to our lot. I would want to now if you have gadgets or a scanner that would be able to see the object and its depth. If possible, may I ask for your contact number. I am willing to negotiate it with you. Thank you very much. Happy Holidays and God bless you all.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
If you want to do something productive get the depth CM please , Width CM please , circumforence around the top of the hole CM please , then I can tell more about the direction and distance you need to go for better results. It is my opinion that the Vikings may have been the 1st to use drill holes, they used them to follow trails, distance, and several different uses as the trail , situtation called for. It would break my heart for someone to destroy something that had been there for hundreds of years.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread