JACKO

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JACKO

Peeps:

Last night I received distressing news, my friend JACKO has passed on to the detectorist's paradise. He apparently passed on in his sleep.

Jacko, I will miss your posts as well as our friendship.

As usual, I kept putting off our jaunt to see some of your projects until Sept., now it will never be, sigh.

I have enjoyed your almost childlike fertile imagination in that you could see Spanish marking in almost any anomaly. We played "looking at the clouds" several times, especially when we met in Tucson,. it was fun, even if I did gently poke fun at you once or twice.

As Kipling said in Gunga Din. I have flayed you ------ but by the living God that made you, You are a better man than I ---. In many ways this is all too true my friend.

We cannot afford to lose people like you in the treasure hunting strata, our loss, through you, diminishes each of us a bit.

The old school , represented by yourself, is fast disappearing. The new school, while fine people, are different, they will never know the freedoms we had in both travel and detecting, as well as the opportunities.

Farewell my friend JACKO, may I always see your face in the clouds whenever I take the time to really look and enjoy them.

I promise to do this at every opportunity as you have so cheerfully taught me to do so again, despite much criticism on your posts, my friend.

Hasta Luego, Auf weidersehen, Sayanara my friend.

Tropical Tramp

Snifff

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
JACKO or John as I knew him was a great human being and a very helpful person. I will miss him. I was coming up to work with him on a project this winter.

People are the treasure and this world has lost a true trove with him.

ericwt

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
Polygragh and if needed sodium P
Yeah thats JJ all right taken this year , I met him a time or two
Good Person!

Leones Corazon

Mar 26, 2006
Grand Junction Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808
Equinox 800
Go Find 60
Primary Interest:
Other
I was kind of stunned when i read this last night. Kinda had to take some time and sit back and digest the reality of it all.
I just mailed john a book to read last month on hispanic arizona as i thought it would do more good in his hands than mine since i moved to colorado. I was also planning a fly by the next time i had some time off as i need to pick up a winch i bought from a guy in roswell nm of all places...then i was going to head to JJ's neck of the woods and then head up to phx to continue working on my project.

I hope when he passed he was dreaming off what he loved to do the most...god speed his soul to heavens gate.

DW

chellyp

Mar 30, 2005
Northwest Oklahoma
I haven't been on in quite some time, what a shock to find out.

I always looked for Jacko's post's, and loved it when he would explain things to those of us who couldn't see the images right away.

He will be missed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread