Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Advanced Treasure Marks and Symbols 110

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Dec 2012
    garret gold stinger
    35 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortstack View Post
    A pull sign can vary with the signs, but mainly, they are extra, little details that adds emphasis to a particular part of the main sign. In this case, a pull sign for a flying bird sign would be an extra, little line "tick" extending one wingtip. Another, would be a dot or peck hole close to one wingtip or the other.

The books I mentioned are not ON Kenworthy, they were written BY Charles Kenworthy and deal with the Spanish treasure trails. There are 3 principle ones; Spanish Monuments & Trailmarkers to Treasure in the United States; Treasure Signs Symbols Shadow & Sun Signs; and, Death Traps to Treasure, Spanish and Mexican Mine Traps, Warning Signs and Symbols.

All three of these books are important for your own library because he got access to the Spanish Archives in Spain through secretly hired historical researchers and students in Spain. Over time, he managed to get the "good stuff" about the Kings signs and symbols that the Spanish vandals had to use. You can find them often on Amazon.com but DO NOT PAY the high, ridiculous prices some folks ask.......$100 to $110. Copies of these books show up at the cover price of $19 and $20 each, plus postage. So, have patience and ye shall be rewarded. If I didn't already have all 3 books, I would pay up to $25 each. You might also look at eBay for them. As a tip to all treasure hunters..........eBay has books, pamplets, bibles, etc advertised by sellers that contain truckloads of information about particular parts of the country and even FAMILIES...from way back. I found a history book about the next county over from my home county that had very valuable geneology information hand written in the margins and end flaps, about several families that were part of my own extended family ancestors. Try different search phrases, too, because it can make a world of difference in finding something and NOT. You can't be sure just how the sellers labelled their own products.
    Yes those books are the one's to get thanks, valuable information. After locating a pull sign, what is the pull sign telling you? Is it some type of change in direction toward the cache or does it at times have different meanings? I am having fun learning, because I love searching the old Spanish trail, to me it's an adventure of a lifetime. Thanks, trailrider

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Jul 2013

Question

Hi,
    I am new to this whole thing....Can use a little advice here. I have found this site after following signs and what all. Curious on someone else take on what appears to be a closed entrance. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	062013151119.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	747.1 KB 
ID:	827161

At the base of the slope was this rockClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Maprocksouth.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	644.9 KB 
ID:	827166

And before coming into the canyon we came on this rock, I highlighted what I thought I could determine, there are other symbol there that are vague.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	othersouthmap.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	657.7 KB 
ID:	827169

Any input is appreciated!
    Thanks!

Dec 2012
    garret gold stinger
    35 times
    HEY KUNTREEBUMPKIN, INTERESTING PHOTO'S FOR STUDY. '' SPEAKING HYPOTHETICALLY: [ PHOTO: ROCK MAP SOUTH/SPANISH MINE SYMBOL MONUMENT INCORPORATED INTO INDIAN ROCK WRITING '' PETROGLYPHS '' ]? -- TOP { CENTER-LEFT } OF ROCK MAP, IS A '' CIRCLE WITHIN A CIRCLE ''. FROM THE BOOK BY CHARLES A. KENWORTHY, PG. #38, '' SIGNS, SYMBOLS, SHADOW & SUN SIGNS '', CLASSIC MINE SYMBOL OR FOR TREASURE. THAT THIS MINE SYMBOL LEADS TO A MINE AND THAT THIS MINE MAY ALSO BE USED FOR STORAGE OF TREASURE. THIS MINE SYMBOL HAS A PULL-SIGN {A FAINT LINE EXTENDING FROM IT, UPPER LEFT}. THIS PULL-SIGN MAY INDICATE, '' LEFT MINE SHAFT/CAVE TUNNEL?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1758.JPG 
Views:	215 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	827385Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1757.JPG 
Views:	214 
Size:	983.0 KB 
ID:	827386 THE OTHER SYMBOLS ON THE ROCK MAP RESEMBLE THE SYMBOLS ILLUSTRATED IN THE BOOK, '' THE ROCKS BEGIN TO SPEAK ''. -- THE STICK MAN FIGURE { TOP CENTER-RIGHT OF PHOTO }, WITH BACK BENT BACKWARDS { TO VEER INTO THE HEAVENS }. PAGE#160: #14. SIMILAR STICK MAN FIGURE, BUT HEAD MISSING, WHICH MEANS; [ DOING OR SPEAKER ]. --- THE SYMBOL BEHIND THIS STICK FIGURE'S SHOULDERS, ON THE ROCK-MAP IS SIMILAR TO { PAGE#160, #14 } BIRD WITH WINGS SPREAD, '' IN BOOK, HAS 4 MORE VERTICAL LINES ON THE WINGS. MEANS; [TAKING FLIGHT TO SAFETY].

PAGE #100, 101, SYMBOL #25, IS MANY CIRCLES {HOLDING}, THIS IS TO INDICATE MANY HOLDING. -- BOTTOM CENTER OF ROCK-MAP. MANY LINES {RUNNING PARALLEL TO EACH OTHER} PAGE#130, 131, FIG. 65. IT MENTIONS THAT SIMILAR LINES, BUT SHORTER REPRESENT {THE NUMBER OF TIMES FLIGHTS TO SAFETY WERE NECESSARY}. PAGE#138, #C. FEATHER {REPRESENTS} POWER. THESE RUNNING PARALLEL LINES MAY BE [INCORPORATED] WITH A 1/2 FEATHER SYMBOL SHOWN BY THE LINES BEING LONGER AND DISPLAYED WITH A SLANT RESEMBLING A FEATHER {POWER}?

THE STICK FIGURE ABOVE THE HOLDING-SYMBOL {MANY CIRCLES}, MAY BE AN ILLUSTRATION OF A [SUN-DANCER].? -- THIS MAY BE DESCRIBING A SPIRITUAL JOURNEY TO OBTAIN POWER FOR WARFARE? --- MAYBE A SUN-DANCE RITUAL? -- BOTTOM RIGHT-HAND CORNER OF ROCK-MAP; BOWING FIGURE WITH WAR SHIELD. REVERSE '' C '' SHAPED SYMBOL {SHIELD FIGURE} HAVING AN AFFINITY TO WARFARE. PAGE#136, FIG.#12. THIS SHIELD IS RADIATING MANY [ARROW-HEADS] SEEN BY THE MULTIPLE SMALL POINTS.
    PAGE#126, 127, FIG. #N, HAS 2 UPPER BODIES OF 2 UPSIDE-DOWN DEADMAN {ARMS AND HEAD} INCORPORATED INTO BOTTOM OF SHIELD-SYMBOL {LOOKS LIKE BIRDS FEET}.

THE HEAD BOWING IN THIS SHIELD FIGURE MAY REPRESENT A DEFEAT IN BATTLE AND THE UPSIDE-DOWN INDIANS, '' INDIANS KILLED? -- THE INDIAN ROCK WRITING MAY BE DESCRIBING: INDIANS SEEKING POWER FOR WARFARE BY PERFORMING THE SUN-DANCE RITUAL AT A SPIRITUAL PLACE?

THE KINGS FILES ---------- THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
    Last edited by trailrider; Jul 12, 2013 at 02:15 PM.

Dec 2012
    garret gold stinger
    35 times
    HEY KUNTREEBUMPKIN, CHECKING OUT YOUR CAVE PHOTO: NAME 0620....... SPEAKING HYPOTHETICALLY: MINE/CAVE, 2 ENTRANCES? -- THERE ARE MANY CUT-POINTERS, POINTING TO THE LEFT, LOCATED ABOVE BACK-FILLED CAVE OPENING. TO THE LEFT OF CAVE OPENING ARE 2- HALF CARVED [TUNNEL SYMBOLS, SIDE BY SIDE]. LOOKS LIKE UPSIDE '' U '' WITH SIDE MISSING TO DISGUISE IT. BOOK BY KENWORTHY, ON PAGE #36. SHOWS A TUNNEL SYMBOL. THESE 2 TUNNEL-SYMBOLS PROBABLY REPRESENT 2 TUNNELS. THE CAVE OPENING SEEN AND THE OTHER CAVE TUNNEL HIDDEN, TO THE LEFT? --- THE HUGE ROCK SECTION TO THE LEFT OF PHOTO, HAS A LARGE BOAR-HEAD POINTING DOWNWARD {LOOKS LIKE A BOAR OR A HOG'S HEAD BECAUSE OF FLATTENED NOSE AND LARGE HEAD}.

THE BOAR IS LOOKING DOWN AND IS SHOWN BY THE PUPIL OF HIS EYE. IS THE BOAR-HEAD LOOKING AT THE HIDDEN TUNNEL? -- THE BOAR'S TOP AND LEFT-SIDE OF HEAD WITH RIGHT EAR IS SHOWING --- UPPER CENTER-LEFT: NOTICE THE LARGE STEP-DOWN NOTCH. '' FOLLOW THE STEP-DOWN NOTCH'', WHICH POINTS IN THE SAME DIRECTION THE EYE OF THE BOAR IS LOOKING AT. -- APPEARS TO BE ANOTHER FACE-PROFILE WITH EYE AND NOSE BELOW THE BOAR-HEAD. -- TO THE RIGHT OF THE CAVE IS A LARGE SLANTED CROSS. THE CROSS IS MADE WITH CUT ROCK SECTIONS AND SHADOWS, FORMING THE SHAPE OF THE CROSS. --- ABOVE THE CROSS ARE 2 POINTER CARVINGS.

BELOW THE POINTER ON THE RIGHT IS ANOTHER '' TUNNEL-SYMBOL '' POINTING DOWNWARD. BELOW THIS TUNNEL SYMBOL, TO THE LEFT LOOKS LIKE A '' MINE-SYMBOL '' [ KENWORTHY STATES IN HIS BOOK: THAT A TUNNEL SYMBOL IS OFTEN FOUND ADJOINING A MINE SYMBOL. -- THIS TUNNEL SYMBOL ALSO LOOKS SIMILAR TO A DEATH-TRAP WARNING {A POINTER WITH SLOPED-SIDES}. IT COULD MEAN BOTH A TUNNEL SYMBOL AND A DEATH-TRAP SYMBOL. --- WHY DID THE SPANIARD'S PLACE MANY POINTERS, POINTING TO THE LEFT OF THE PARTIALLY EXPOSED CAVE OPENING? -- COULD THE HIDDEN TUNNEL TO THE LEFT HAVE LESS OR NO BOOBY TRAPS? -- IS THE RIGHT TUNNEL BOOBY-TRAPPED?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1759.JPG 
Views:	179 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	827466

EITHER TUNNEL YOU MAY CHOOSE TO DIG OUT, STILL BE ON THE EXTREME ALERT FOR ANY DEATH-TRAPS. [TUNNELS COULD BE BACK-FILLED BEYOND 20-30 FEET?]. LOOK FOR CUT OR CARVED DEATH-TRAP WARNING SYMBOLS, ''A POINTER WITH SLOPED SHOULDERS {LOOKS LIKE BOTTOM TIP OF HEART CUT-OFF}, A LIGHTNING BOLT, BROKEN OR SPLIT HEART, HEART WITH SECTION MISSING, SNAKE-HEADS, ETC. ALSO KEEP AN EYE-OPEN FOR CRACKS IN THE TUNNELS CEILINGS, WALLS AND FLOORS. IN THE TUNNELS. THOSE {SNEAKY DEATH TRAP SETTING SPANIARD'S} WOULD USE DOWNFALL BOULDERS FROM ABOVE, STACKED BALANCED BOULDERS ON TOP OF EACH OTHER, RESTING AGAINST THE WALL OF THE CAVE/MINE AND {CUT TO BLEND IN THE WALL, SO IT IS NOT EASILY SEEN}, FLOOR TRAPS { A TRAP DOOR THAT OPENS WHEN SOMEONE STEPS ON THEM, AND FALLS 20 FEET OR MORE IN A HOLE ]. -- BE ALERT, HAVE AWARENESS OF DEATH-TRAPS THAT MAY BE PRESENT.

THE KING'S FILES ---------- THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
    Last edited by trailrider; Jul 12, 2013 at 11:58 PM.

Jul 2013
    Thanks taking the time to look at the pics! I have come to about the same conclusion on these...
    As far as books, I have Sign, Symbols book by Kentworthy, as well as his Spanish Monuments. I have read just enough to know that I don't know much, so I ordered more books last week, waiting for them to arrive. The death traps books is one, I will have to snag to Rock Begin to Speak, too!
    I am waiting for rhem to arrive. I am not in the market for death traps and trying to decide if I am going to pursue this one..? There are hearts in the area with a straight line down their centers. Was hoping maybe they were pointers, but probably not.

us
    Dec 2008
    illinois
    34 times
    go north east with metal detector?

us
    A Salute To the Navy Seals Team 6 Sharpshooters!

Jul 2004
    The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
    for solutions to the jesuit code go to ranglers marks and signs.com
    49 times
    the breaking of the Spanish/Jesuit Code
    " the journey IS the destination..."the challenge of the mystery has kept me going for 25 plus year..the mental challenge, walking the trails is pleasure enough...if you find something its a bonus...fresh air exercise, photos, the triumphs the o ohistory..if that is not enough for you to enjoy take up stamp collection something... treasure hunting is not for the pessimist or those faint of heart...spend equal time Reading as you do in the field..find your first confirmed monument...that will fire your sense of the challenge.,if not try knitting like rosy greer..
    gold is now worth about 9k per troy pound..many of the kings quint sare in excess of 50 lbs..some much more..many of the long standing mines that were very rich have several tax payments buried nearby...if you find something..golden rule is tell no one..except your account and a tax attorney even if your taxed 70% of a million bucks your still getting over a quarter mil from your fun and discovery..pics and story are worth a million more..too much hassel..try beach combing in Jamaica- look for 'square groupers' naw that will be too much stress for you too~!
    no oro for the pessimist
    rangler
    P8 "Does not wisdom call, And understanding lift up her voice?

us
    Apr 2008
    87 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KuntreeBumpkin View Post
    Thanks taking the time to look at the pics! I have come to about the same conclusion on these...
    As far as books, I have Sign, Symbols book by Kentworthy, as well as his Spanish Monuments. I have read just enough to know that I don't know much, so I ordered more books last week, waiting for them to arrive. The death traps books is one, I will have to snag to Rock Begin to Speak, too!
    I am waiting for rhem to arrive. I am not in the market for death traps and trying to decide if I am going to pursue this one..? There are hearts in the area with a straight line down their centers. Was hoping maybe they were pointers, but probably not.
    I recently got a copy of Coronados Children by Dobie and I so wished I had read it when I was starting out. I would recommend it as there is a lot about treasure hunting in general (nothing changes ..lots of hunters in the 1880s) and how various stories grow and multiply about a site... but also, only a few chapters in, he has already laid out stories of how 4-5 different caches were marked and hidden. Not necessarily Spanish, not necessarily true but worth reading to me.
    Don't believe everything you read on the internet - Abraham Lincoln

pw
    Apr 2003
    New Mexico
    BS
    590 times
    Quote Originally Posted by desertmoons View Post
    I recently got a copy of Coronados Children by Dobie and I so wished I had read it when I was starting out. I would recommend it as there is a lot about treasure hunting in general (nothing changes ..lots of hunters in the 1880s) and how various stories grow and multiply about a site... but also, only a few chapters in, he has already laid out stories of how 4-5 different caches were marked and hidden. Not necessarily Spanish, not necessarily true but worth reading to me.
    Good post. Dobie was not only a good storyteller but also one who sent messages. Looks like you may have gotten a couple.
    "The gods were smiling when you were born. Now they're laughing."​ Chinese fortune cookie

us
    Dec 2011
    Central, Alabama
    Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
    100 times
    The Beale Treasure, all types of treasure hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by KuntreeBumpkin View Post
    Hi,
    I am new to this whole thing....Can use a little advice here. I have found this site after following signs and what all. Curious on someone else take on what appears to be a closed entrance. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	062013151119.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	747.1 KB 
ID:	827161

At the base of the slope was this rockClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Maprocksouth.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	644.9 KB 
ID:	827166

And before coming into the canyon we came on this rock, I highlighted what I thought I could determine, there are other symbol there that are vague.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	othersouthmap.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	657.7 KB 
ID:	827169

Any input is appreciated!
    Thanks!
    HELLO, Kuntreebumkin, I was looking, and noticed,some familiar markings Modified one of your pics, with some opinionated marks, maybe it will help. I noticed, when I've encountered these messages in stone,often Its trying to show something, usually in my case, It, can be seen from the stone, with the message. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130828_214445.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	964.4 KB 
ID:	853696
    Goodluck, great pic,thanks for sharing. Justintime

us
    Dec 2008
    illinois
    34 times
    big circle looks like a X if u reduce the size, little circle look like owl ears.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	062013151119 (2).jpgmmmmmm.jpgdrk.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	499.5 KB 
ID:	854850

us
    Dec 2011
    Central, Alabama
    100 times
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]855121ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130831_010157.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	855121  

Dec 2012
    8 times
    Any help would be great.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-4126475070.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	619.6 KB 
ID:	855919

ATTACH]855920[/ATTACH]

Name:	image-583225251.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	604.0 KB 
ID:	855921

Name:	image-365764997.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	613.0 KB 
ID:	855922

Name:	image-1846997422.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	709.3 KB 
ID:	855925

Name:	image-4233844089.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	494.8 KB 
ID:	855926

Name:	image-71455564.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	562.5 KB 
ID:	855927

Name:	image-115222365.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	829.0 KB 
ID:	855928

Name:	image-1936104005.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	697.2 KB 
ID:	855923
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-1463043524.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	612.7 KB 
ID:	855920  

us
    Dec 2011
    Central, Alabama
    100 times
    Nice pics Nappy, you got some good stuff. Name:  IMG_20130906_211944.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  53.3 KB nice Owl, looks to me the crack at base of the owl, may be some type of mini map, if there is a tunnel behind the hole on the left,but got to climb in through the big. If so, crawl, or look in and see if it looks like the Mimi map hole, good place to focus, Name:  IMG_20130906_211931.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  58.6 KBName:  IMG_20130906_211924.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  55.0 KBB-)Name:  IMG_20130906_212703.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  87.2 KB This is a real busy rock, at first it almost looked like graffiti, then I seen some pattern mini map , might can see what is being shown from the info stone. The 2 big circles, are same map reversed with, what looks like a cave, NE little circle,Name:  IMG_20130906_212651.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  86.9 KB good luck, Thanks Justintime

us

Jul 2004
    49 times
    Justintime,
    sorry no owl , no map mini or otherwise..I do see what looks like indian petroglps with some graffiti mixed in..nothing of value but a nice day outdoors and some fresh air and exercise..
    1.spanish maps are not put above ground for the most part..
    2.they are part of a monument.. usually the omega
    3.and buried underground at about two feet, post omega
    4.easy to see things with an overactive imagination.
    5.if you start with a confirmed sign, like a hoyo for instance, then you can stay focused
    6.pareidolia is a trap, two people who read pareidolia is a confirmed trap, dont get started on the wrong foot
    7.visible confirmed maps usually start with spanish overlaying indian petroglyps and they are topographical
    8.beware of low lifes tamperoing with real petroglyphs to "sell" somebody a "treasure map"
    9.some of your petros looked real, but the rest are crap. or more nicely said "graffiti" [man made type]
    10. hint all photos need to be taken from noon to 1pm only to show anything of importance~!
    oro mandate
    rangler
    Justintime likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Pinwheel

Mar 2012
    south sebastian county arkansas
    69 times
    Cache Hunting
    Hello everyone! Rangler I have been a student of yours in The 3 threads you have started. As concerning pareidolia, We all know that we need 5-7 conformation signs. The hoyo is a big one and probably of most value. The "V" is also a most sought after sign. Now we always look for a white dog, or a black dog. This is only 3-4 signs. What other signs do we look for that will confirm the monument is man made and not nature? What I am really asking is there only a limited number of signs that were used for confirmation? Or Is any sign such as a hart or number used as confirmation?

Thanks so much for your patience with me----------------------------------------------Pinwheel

us

Jul 2004
    49 times
    Pin,
    each major sign will have some type of confirmation [not conformation] the simplest one is a horizonal 'line' across the back of the boulder.
    other confirmation marks are a profile face..or an owl..almost anyother sign can be used as confirmation that the sign is real not paredolia.
    oro mandate
    rangler

us
    Nov 2011
    19 times
    Yes, much like the Owl that Justintime just pointed out, with the duckhead to it's left and the pointer under the duckhead telling you to go left for the next markings. btw Not everything is Spanish, in fact most is not. It's not confusion, it's layers of other groups. Sometimes what is left behind by the last groups such as taxes is what Rangler has been working out. Nothing wrong with that. But not the only things missed or left.

Charter Member
    us
    Pinwheel

Mar 2012
    south sebastian county arkansas
    69 times
    Cache Hunting
    Thanks guy's. Rangler, I am sorry about the spelling, I'll read it back before I post next time.

May the breeze be cool, and your trails easy to follow-------------------------Pinwheel

us
    Dec 2011
    Central, Alabama
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rangler View Post
    Justintime,
    sorry no owl , no map mini or otherwise..I do see what looks like indian petroglps with some graffiti mixed in..nothing of value but a nice day outdoors and some fresh air and exercise..
    1.spanish maps are not put above ground for the most part..
    2.they are part of a monument.. usually the omega
    3.and buried underground at about two feet, post omega
    4.easy to see things with an overactive imagination.
    5.if you start with a confirmed sign, like a hoyo for instance, then you can stay focused
    6.pareidolia is a trap, two people who read pareidolia is a confirmed trap, dont get started on the wrong foot
    7.visible confirmed maps usually start with spanish overlaying indian petroglyps and they are topographical
    8.beware of low lifes tamperoing with real petroglyphs to "sell" somebody a "treasure map"
    9.some of your petros looked real, but the rest are crap. or more nicely said "graffiti" [man made type]
    10. hint all photos need to be taken from noon to 1pm only to show anything of importance~!
    oro mandate
    rangler
    Maybe the holes at the bottom of the owl, is a hydro. All holes with info, "hyro"s, I believe don't have to be a solid hole, like at the hole below owl. Thanks Justintime

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors