TWO SIGNS LEFT TO I.D. MINE, AS SPANISH, FRENCH, OR JESUIT.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it seems that i'm trapped between the real world and the world, as I see it.

from the first words in the book, I have worked to keep it humble and to be humble in the way that talk (write). there are some things that I say that don't work with "grammar check", but I've worked thru much of it, even to the point of telling GC to ignore a rule or two.

What, was to be the last spell check, Had to cause a hiccup. When I started working from the latest laptop, i thought that it was doing all of the same old stuff, like grammar check.

I guess that I just missed that option when i changed laptops. I found the option without a check mark next to it, so i fixed it.

Doing that, made enough changes that it added three pages to my story.

So, I am going thru page by page, and finding ways to say things just like we are sitting around a campfire and telling this story.

I may have to give into some of the rules, but I'm not a fancy fast talker. I am just "FOLKS". Publishers may not like that, but that is what I will send them. With me, it's "what you see is what you get."

I'll get it fixed, even if i have to remove GC from the word processor. I think I'll keep spellcheck, just to be safe!!!

#/;0)~

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that I was lucky to find my site, and it has made me a permanent student.
Same here. I have found 5 sites...by luck. Two were found because my husband and I were out detecting, one was found by my husband when out hunting, one was found while we were out walking, and one was found by driving by. All found in a year. I was addicted at site #1.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MIBOJE, in which state do you hang your hat..???. It sounds like a good place to live.

#/;0{>~

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MIBOJE, in which state do you hang your hat..???. It sounds like a good place to live.

#/;0{>~
Pennsylvania. I guess you could say there's a little bit of everything. Nothing to get too happy about because the state owns all the land (coincidence, I'm sure), but there is one that may not be state owned. I might get lucky.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pennsylvania. I guess you could say there's a little bit of everything. Nothing to get too happy about because the state owns all the land (coincidence, I'm sure), but there is one that may not be state owned. I might get lucky.

Does the government own the land??
Or do the people own the land?

There are several points of interest mapped out over the state, and there are two ridges that show placer deposits from glacier movement, plus there are 21 mentions of lost treasure, one of them being about 15 tons of silver bars taken by confederate raiders while bound for the Philadelphia mint. Supposedly hidden in a cave and sealed, a few miles north of Uniontown!!

Seems like a great area track down trails!
Let me know if you find that load of silver!

#/80{>~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

There are several points of interest mapped out over the state, and there are two ridges that show placer deposits from glacier movement, plus there are 21 mentions of lost treasure, one of them being about 15 tons of silver bars taken by confederate raiders while bound for the Philadelphia mint. Supposedly hidden in a cave and sealed, a few miles north of Uniontown!!

Seems like a great area to track down trails!

#/80{>~

Last edited:
OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MIB, I think that I have found the answer to that first question....

BUREAU OF FORESTRY
HARRISBURG, PA

State game lands are closed to all forms of prospecting. There is no removal of anything, violators will be shot.... not the correct word there...
Issued citations is all that they do!

They own the land, just because they say that they own the land!!
That is against the federal mining laws of 1849!
That's the knife in the back of every prospector out there and the freedom granted by the Constitution of the United States of America!

No state has authority to implement laws that are contrary to the
U S CONSTITUTION!!!

I'll get off of my soapbox now....

That's just a sore spot of mine.

#/;0{(>~

Last edited:

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Seems like a great area to track down trails!

#/80{>~

The PEOPLE own the land. It was paid for with THEIR money.
Where do you find the information about the placer deposits, lost treasure and silver bars? I have cause to believe deposits are in the mountains too.
I believe that FindersKeepers, a member here, has pinpointed the treasure near Uniontown. It's on DCNR land, and he told them it was there...but they will NOT let him and his crew dig. Fishy? I think so too.

Last edited:

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MIB, I think that I have found the answer to that first question....

BUREAU OF FORESTRY
HARRISBURG, PA

State game lands are closed to all forms of prospecting. There is no removal of anything, violators will be shot.... not the correct word there...
Issued citations is all that they do!

They own the land, just because they say that they own the land!!
That is against the federal mining laws of 1849!
That's the knife in the back of every prospector out there and the freedom granted by the Constitution of the United States of America!

No state has authority to implement laws that are contrary to the
U S CONSTITUTION!!!

I'll get off of my soapbox now....

That's just a sore spot of mine.

#/;0{(>~

Yes, you are correct. I believe it is likely that every state government known to mankind has laid claim to "the big stuff" that is here, which I believe was all (knowingly) done under the administration of Hoover. One of the sites I know of was at one time a CCC camp. You will find the beginning markers on the old CCC camp property, which obviously WAS "state" owned, but I believe we will find the last markers on the bordering state land where it cannot be legally touched. I can go on and on. It is to the point that all I presume all state land has "something" on it or it would not have been bought up by the state with the people's money.

No need to get off your soapbox ...I'm with you. They are major scammers and need to be confronted, but you know what happens to the people who confront them. We've already been followed, and I believe watched. Maybe we're be a bit too close on the one site.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing that is certain on a CCC camp....

You won't take anything worth much, other than history and a true appreciation for what you have.

I've worked a few of their work sites where they built rock retaining walls, along older roads, only to find proof of their poverty.

#/;0{>~

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing that is certain on a CCC camp....

You won't take anything worth much, other than history and a true appreciation for what you have.

I've worked a few of their work sites where they built rock retaining walls, along older roads, only to find proof of their poverty.

#/;0{>~
I agree with you on that. My grandfather spent time in a CCC camp, and he said no one had any money at that time.
What I am interested in moreso is what was (and could be) on the property before it became a CCC camp, but I certainly do appreciate the history of the CCC camps. This particular property did have a house, away from the CCC camp, in the 1860s according to a map I have, and we only found iron there. There is a rock with carvings pointing to an owl tree, which directs one to a spring. My husband hunts on the mountainside above and came across more interesting things near where the property borders state land. We will be investigating further here at some point, hopefully soon. But I can almost guarantee that if there is anything still there as far as a cache goes, it's not on private ground.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be watching for the news on that. If nothing else, there are old tools around old houses...

I generally dig every target on an old property. I've dug up plenty of rust!

Sooner or later we all will find more than the folks that are happy to sit on the couch!!!

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, since post 941, I've worked through about a quarter of the book, but the more I fix, the longer the book gets.
Somewhere near the center, I have several partial pages. If I can't fix the gaps I might add a few photos.

I'm thinking about changing the cover, while I am looking at photos and maps.

So I best get back to the salt mines!

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I pushed through four chapters last night and this morning.
Still gaining pages. It's up to 309 now.
I'm clearing up some of the thoughts that I had left a little vague, so it's worth the time and effort.

I stopped at one a.m., but it's worth the time investment....

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another two chapters tonight. Plus one major overhaul.
I think I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. Now up to 314 pages.
Bed time.............

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three more chapters . Ready to start chapter 17 plus I repaired a forgotten expedition, that will backup a slight oversight on my part!!!
Enjoying this challenge more than I expected.

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Five chapters today... two long chapters left and prologue,new table of contents, maybe a few pages of photos and maybe new cover .... lots of updates and upgrades.
Presently 315 pages, I expect a few more.

Also at present I have 95,000+ views.
I hope to have over 100,000 views when it goes to publisher.
It can happen!!!

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Making maps, to better, understand our last trek ....
one or two
Small discoveries....
ten thousand new questions.

Most important question --" How close were we, this time?"

Second most important question--"Did we step over it?"

Third most important question,
" Why didn't I see this ten years ago?"

#/80{>~~ ?

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Making maps, to better, understand our last trek ....
one or two
Small discoveries....
ten thousand new questions.

Most important question --" How close were we, this time?"

Second most important question--"Did we step over it?"

Third most important question,
" Why didn't I see this ten years ago?"

#/80{>~~ ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread