TWO SIGNS LEFT TO I.D. MINE, AS SPANISH, FRENCH, OR JESUIT.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ORO.
We now believe that some of our most recent discoveries have been used by several other groups since the beginning.

There are at least two more vaults, yet unopened.

Weekender found one, that we believe has been opened and emptied, on the first day that he came.
We are partners now.

This latest set, of photos, has more information, within an area of less than a football field, than the rest of the site.

However the area of Weekender’s vault discovery and the area above it could use more than a month of study.
Very close each other and both are filled with great mysteries.

We are limited on time to finish our studies, and your opinions and information could be most valuable to that area.
If you need my, or Weekender’s email address you can send me a pm for both.

Thanks.
#/;0{>~

Last edited:

sorenash

Apr 14, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
turtle1.png
turtle1.png turtle2.jpg
hi
can u tell about these?
I see three animals.

Last edited:

sorenash

Apr 14, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we search the area and find the secret tunnel but tunnel just ends to rock and no way out of it

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi sorenash.
Welcome to TNET!

Approximately, how large is the area in the photos?
It’s much easier to have some type of measurement, to help focus my old eyes. For example, the top of the photo could be a highway, or a trail or simply a flat level, flowing layer of stone, only a few inches or feet wide.

I believe that it is a highway.
Someone else might think that it is a small trail.

It makes a big difference in what to look for.

In your second post, you wrote about a secret tunnel with a rock end.
Have you taken a small hammer or walking stick to tap the floor and walls, and most importantly, the rock end. There is a different sound that will tell you much more about, what secret, that you might have walked past, unnoticed by you.

If it is a man made tunnel, or mine, there will be a debris field large enough to dump all of the stones that were removed.

That is one of the best signs to tell if it’s man made or some other force of nature that created the tunnel, or cave.

If you can see it in the photo and know that it is a debris field, do not post the answer here on an open forum.

You can send me the information in a PM.
If you are New to TNET and have not learned how to do that yet...?..
I will help you with that.

Scroll up to the top of my post and click on my avatar. That should take you to my information page, at the top right corner there will be an envelope.
Click on it and it will open a private message to me.

Things that are placed there are (In my opinion) considered sacred.
I will not post anything about it in public, unless you wish to discuss it with many other folks at the same time.

That is up to you.

I will try to find the answers to your questions as soon as I can after you get back to me.

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorenash, PM received and answered.
By the way, the ratio that I mentioned in my response, is a little over one hundred views for each post.

#/;0{>~

:coffee2::coffee2:

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This post is going to be kinda long and drawn out, but hang in here, there’s a bit of a story here.

By now, I’m fairly sure that most of my friends know that I tend to walk out on a limb, even when it looks too small to hold my weight.

That’s what I am about to do.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555700280.611374.jpg

This big fella is about to try to explain how he came to be. I have a box in my brain, that I open occasionally to try to understand how monuments like this grand piece of work, are made.

For the most part, it’s a hammer of some sort and a chisel.

The mortar that holds it together is the hardest part. I have seen and touched many pieces of this type of work, and a few times seen it and not noticed it, because the work was done so well that it slipped by my eyes, but caught by a camera.

The way that the seams vanish into the mix made me believe that grinding a stone that was of the same material would be the best answer, but in order to make it work as a glue it would need to be mixed with clay.

I found the easiest material to work with, limestone, and it was in my driveway.

I gathered some small stones and ground them with my mortar and pestle.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555701761.556069.jpg

Then I started gathering the four different pieces, that I thought would work best.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555701936.102315.jpg

I outlined the rough part and started chipping the waste off, and smoothing and shaping them to fit together.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555702182.738948.jpg

I chipped the wings to fit the base after shaping the book that would fit under the right wing.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555702471.875293.jpg

Then I roughly shaped the head, leaving the right ear and eye, that was destroyed, at some time after Jim had photographed it with his 35mm camera, while I was standing above the owl on a small landing,about halfway down the fifty foot bluff.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555703029.581909.jpg

With the “dry fit” accomplished, it was time to work on the details.

Once I believed that the rest of the details would be added by carving them into the damp clay mix, I started layering the pieces with the clay mix
(Which was a little darker than the stone pieces), I pressed them together and binding them with a rubber band.

I placed the head into place, and filled in the back side to create a sound foundation , and let it dry overnight.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555703888.848278.jpg

Everything had dried together, but the seams were all white... not expected!
I wanted to get a picture with the rubber band removed and with it leaning against the metal post at the center of the platform, without the clutter.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555704257.075136.jpg

When I placed it near the post and leaned it back, the head touched the post and every piece of it fell apart!

I had to start over.... The stone pieces were undamaged, but had to be brushed clean and the clay had to be reformulated.

At this point I needed to make sure that everything would stay in place until it could be heated, to form a secure, single piece of work.

I tried, more times than I care to admit, to rebuild it, one piece at a time.

Without gravity enough to hold the pieces together long enough to dry and be fire hardened , which is what I believe was done with the original pieces. I had to move forward with a little bit of modern help.

I heated the pieces enough to dab a little “hot glue “ on them, to get through to the clay packing, to hold them permanently. The newly formulated clay dried well, and only a little off colored.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555705725.611544.jpg

Note that the face has been restored, with its beak and lightly engraved during that last attempt.

After allowing it to dry for several days, I tried to put the details on the owl’s left wing. This was much more difficult than I expected. I ended up with the original shapes that I had carved into the stone left.

I was attempting to build up the semicircular shape of the original owl.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555706313.372651.jpg

I have adjusted my expectations about how much detail I can do on a miniature.

The one thing that I did hold true to, was the fire hardening!

I believe that, more than ever, after having done it to the completed piece.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555706737.805354.jpg

I showed my work to my wife, and somewhere in the process, it hit the floor ( hardwood floor). I’m not sure if my heart stopped beating until it stopped bouncing or not, but I am sure that I didn’t breathe till then.

It held up to the drop!
Enough testing for strength!

The final step, of waiting decades for the “desert varnish “ to develop, was too much for me. I finished it with a light coat of clear fingernail polish.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555707064.233934.jpg

I don’t think that it is too bad for a first timer.

#/;0{>~

Last edited:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
That was a good idea, Mikel. I’m surprised it survived the drop. Thanks for the pictures and explanation.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a good idea, Mikel. I’m surprised it survived the drop. Thanks for the pictures and explanation.

Thanks Mdog. I wasn’t surprised that it survived the drop. I was amazed that it survived the drop.

I wanted to document how elementary it was to do, but I documented how difficult it was to do originally. And how difficult it was to do in my time frame and in miniature.

I have never been where I could measure the original owl, but figured it is between 5&7 feet tall.

I broke one of my rules about putting something in the frame that shows the size of any abstract object.

It can be guessed at, but about an hour ago I took a picture to show my little owl’s size, so nobody would have to guess.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555739207.802727.jpg

Three and a half inches.

Now, no guesswork!

Have a Happy Easter.

#/;0{>~

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Mikel,

You keep blowing me away with your creations, now a new hot glue never heard of before! Something tells me that you really do your jigsaw puzzles with the colors facing down. Makes me wonder what else you have up your sleeve?

Homar

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Mikel,

You keep blowing me away with your creations, now a new hot glue never heard of before! Something tells me that you really do your jigsaw puzzles with the colors facing down. Makes me wonder what else you have up your sleeve?

Homar

Howdy Homar.
The hot glue comes in short sticks, about the size of a pencil, and is used by pressing them through an electrically heated gun that melts it as it squeezes through a pointed tip.

But even that didn’t work until I heated the rocks, because the cool rocks caused the glue to harden before I could get them into position.

I was getting pretty desperate at that point.

There is a science to the work of mixing clay and coloring it to match the stones.

I plan to attempt other projects like this one, later on into summer, on a slightly larger scale, that will allow me to put gravity to work on my side of the equation.

I hope to learn more before hand, rather than having to rely on modern aids.

I’ll document them as well, just in case they work!

#/;0{>~

Ps. I really stink at jigsaw puzzles.
But I do pick locks, in the dark, sometimes to focus my mind, to shut down my mind, so I can sleep [emoji99].

Last edited:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Mikel,

I had to go back and read your post again, I thought that you were referring to your fire hardened limestone clay mix as a hot glue.:laughing7:

Homar

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The glue is just to hold the pieces together so I could pack the clay mix into the spaces and smooth it down.
Then after a few a few days in the sun I heated it with my torch.

When cool down it got dropped and survived.

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been working on opening a new chapter in my life, for some time now.

I have almost become a silent reader.

But trying to keep up, but I am occasionally, unable to have access to my phone.

Research is still going on. Weekender’s discovery, from two years ago has become a burr under our saddles. Incredible at times and almost horrifying at other times.

The book is ready to go, and also ready to add a new chapter, if warranted by new information.

Demands on my time and on weekender’s time have kept us from moving forward on the Royal Room.

We will post whatever we can, and as time permits.

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am currently dealing with a round of antibiotics for a tick bite. I’m about halfway through them, and still need to wait another week, before I can get tested for tick fever.
Just to see how much more my body can take...

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1559280089.605619.jpg

Maybe it was a bat tick, I seem to be hanging upside down in the picture.

It’s late and I need my sleep.

Maybe more manyana

#/;0{>~

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mikel, stay with the meds all the way through, AND, any check-ups in the few days ahead. I have seen pictures of folks who lost arms or legs from tick bites. If you get another one on you keep him to show the doctor and maybe he can identify
if it is deer tick or another kind. Lyme disease is no good partner.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep... I’m still ten days away from getting tested for Lyme disease!

It is a process of, if this, then that......

And wait...

I want it to be the meds that is wearing me out.

#/;0{>~

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll be fine Amigo, good thing that it didn't happen down under, and you were able to have it treated early.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread