Trail Marker Tree?

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
SWR said:
stevesno said:
..as he has personal boots on the ground experience which through research and many trial and error experiences have validated that the KGC did put down a large number of clues to an amazing number of caches in these United States. I will say that in my experience here in Missouri, and Arkansas that most of these cache locations were next to old road's.

Good grief.

Does "boots on the ground" really mean "ain't never found a cache"??

Seriously... you guys try so hard to change history, by pretending organizations, such as the Knights of the Golden Circle... buried monies all over the country. Don't any of you guys know real history about the reconstruction period after the Civil War... the Great Depression and several other notable events in the annals of time where American's were flat broke?

And ya'll still believe hundreds, if not thousands (according to several internet message boards) these broke SOB's rode around hiding money and leaving elaborate clues.

Ya need a reality check, my fellow TreasureNet members. Maybe do some research, and some reading. And chat it up with all the other "KGC treasure hunters" that have never found anything... and kinda get a clue as to why.

"Travelers needed money as stated in Brewers book".... reel that one in, Bob! :nono:

Well swr,

you finally crossed the line by calling the KGC...sob's...surprised the moderators let you by with it but they are busy with real life. you are most likely busy with No life, caught in the old tenure crap of the professors that must discredit all that does not fit "accepted" history...in order to keep their job.

I agree with Hoss. Have seen the re-markings still being made. I do not, will not prove anything to you.
As far as SOB's...do a little searching yourself .... for a looking glass! Oddrock!

poorfarm

Feb 13, 2011
hoss , oddrock this is why i deleted my thread
and they can be found close to cemetarys
because a cemetary doesnt move i also have trees
that have been remarked to newer ones

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
Poorfarm

You are dead-on about cemeteries. Some trails begin or end with them. Railroad surveys also seem to be favored. Happy hunting.

Oddrock

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorfarm said:
oddrock said:
Poorfarm

You are dead-on about cemeteries. Some trails begin or end with them. Railroad surveys also seem to be favored. Happy hunting.

Oddrock
Well, we haven't come across any cemetaries(yet) and the nearest railroad/tracks was probably 20 miles from this spot. We've got a lot more ground to cover though.
Another site we're going to be working on this winter does have a cemetary near it. And a big creek ford where we think the stagecoaches crossed. Supposed to be some other good outlaw marks on this site, too.
Good information, guys :thumbsup: Thanks for all the help!!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandcreek4 said:
poorfarm said:
oddrock said:
Poorfarm

Oddrock
Well, we haven't come across any cemetaries(yet) and the nearest railroad/tracks was probably 20 miles from this spot. We've got a lot more ground to cover though.
Another site we're going to be working on this winter does have a cemetary near it. And a big creek ford where we think the stagecoaches crossed. Supposed to be some other good outlaw marks on this site, too.
Good information, guys :thumbsup: Thanks for all the help!!

Sandcreek4:
That iron pot thing I mentioned above is located within literally spittin distance of a mainline railroad, laid before the War of Northern Aggression, and the spot where a stagecoach stop once stood. When I was a kid, my Grandpa pointed out the old hotel and told me that it had been a stage stop. I won't say anymore about this because there's an individual from my area who visits this forum every once in a while and may figure this out if I put anymore info here.
Seems like Mr. Brewer wrote that signs and even smaller caches were placed near FIXED things such as the RR and bridges.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Hoss KGC said:
SWR said:
Yep. Here we go with false accusations and misconceptions about "proving this fictional novel isn't really fictional".

Whoaaaaa just a minute there Hoss!!! Please show me where I EVER endorsed any fictional novel. Otherwise I'm pretty sure you owe me an apology... a retraction at the very least.
Big Hoss

This has been going on for so long I can't believe it. Every time someone starts a thread about trees or symbols SWR shows up and hijacks it and others keep baiting him/them to keep arguing about it. SWR wants printed proof and others want him to shut the hell up. There is no proof in any written history SWR and there is no one dumb enough to post pictures of any proof of finds (I hope) so leave people alone to share the things they think.

Maybe it isn't historically accurate or proof positive but who cares? It's fun to wonder..."what if?" So what if someone wants to follow the direction of a bent tree or a face or symbol they see in a rock formation. 999 times out of 1000 it won't mean squat but just ...What if?

SWR we know you don't believe any of this means anything. We know this because you have posted as much over and over and over and ...well you all get the idea. Just for the hell of it though what if someone actually stumbles on to something someday. I would never want you to have to admit you are wrong (ok i'd like it a little bit) but even you have to admit that it is POSSIBLE.

Everything that looks like a treasure sign isn't a treasure sign but one of them might be...do you want to be the one that over looks it? I don't.

HH Charlie

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Did SWR actually say something that merrits a response?
Come on guys, the whole string of responses here is the work of a troll.
nothing more.

follow the tree as it points and forget the troll.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Got a simple question. I know the answer, but will ask it anyways.

How do you know which way a bent tree is pointing?

The answer may not be what you think :coffee2:

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'll take a shot. The answer will be found by checking both what we assume is 'forward' as well as 'reverse'. Funny thing about trail markers, unless it's a 'sho nuff' START HERE sign, it could lead more than one way..

poorfarm

Feb 13, 2011
sandcreek might want to look
at these pointer looks like it goes this way

another note just because there are books doesnt mean that all the
info is in them info was left out so we wouldnt know the truth
the same goes for the bible it was rewritten so many times to exclude info

Attachments

• IMG_2540_(650x488).jpg
    IMG_2540_(650x488).jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 673

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Thanks for the thought Randy that trails markers do and will go both directions, if you interesect a trail in the middle it will go both ways, no doubt about it.

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorfarm said:

Good point poorform...The tree in your picture looks like it may have another meaning also. I cant tell by the angle of the picture. In my experiences at a cache sight I have found what I call angel trees....They are trees with limbs that look like outstretched arms. I dont know what verse from the Bible but the saying goes something like "Welcome to the kingdom of heaven, you have reached your greatest reward" With the key word being reward. There will be times when wondering through the woods that I will spot these trees and then pick up the KGC trail. Some pure treasure hunters may call this cheating...but I call it taking a shortcut..lol...Steve

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stevesno said:
poorfarm said:

Good point poorform...The tree in your picture looks like it may have another meaning also. I cant tell by the angle of the picture. In my experiences at a cache sight I have found what I call angel trees....They are trees with limbs that look like outstretched arms. I dont know what verse from the Bible but the saying goes something like "Welcome to the kingdom of heaven, you have reached your greatest reward" With the key word being reward. There will be times when wondering through the woods that I will spot these trees and then pick up the KGC trail. Some pure treasure hunters may call this cheating...but I call it taking a shortcut..lol...Steve
Well this tree might need to be looked at a little closer then----I kinda discredited it because we found lots of Indian signs around it and then by following the direction of point on it leads to a natural spring on the side of a hill. And this tree is a long way from our other signs--along a different creek too! It may be a whole other "treasure site". I haven't even metal detected in this area, since we were looking for arrowheads when we came across this tree and just assumed it was Indian related.
I wonder how many times people see trees like this in the woods and think they're just re-tar-ded trees? Thanks again guys---I am learning so much from you all. This is such fun stuff!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandcreek:
This could have easily started out as an Indian trail tree, but then ALSO used as part of a trail for another group when they came across it in THEIR activities. It's been written that the KGC would do that with some of their trails in the West / Southwest when they came across Spanish signs and also Indian pictographs. A few months ago, someone posted a photo of an Indian story rock that had a couple of KGC signs hidden in the group.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstack said:
Sandcreek:
This could have easily started out as an Indian trail tree, but then ALSO used as part of a trail for another group when they came across it in THEIR activities. It's been written that the KGC would do that with some of their trails in the West / Southwest when they came across Spanish signs and also Indian pictographs. A few months ago, someone posted a photo of an Indian story rock that had a couple of KGC signs hidden in the group.
Thanks Bill---I hadn't heard about them doing that.
We'll go back and look at this tree a little closer (and take the metal detectors when we go), and see if there are any other signs around it.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
sandcreek4 said:
Shortstack said:
Sandcreek:
We'll go back and look at this tree a little closer (and take the metal detectors when we go), and see if there are any other signs around it.

Good luck, maybe you'll find something like this...

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,427093.msg3047704.html#msg3047704

There's gotta be more out there somewhere :icon_pirat:

HH Charlie

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandcreek4 said:
Shortstack said:
Sandcreek:

It's the old , "hiding in plain sight" idea. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[/quote]

Good luck, maybe you'll find something like this...

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,427093.msg3047704.html#msg3047704

There's gotta be more out there somewhere :icon_pirat:

HH Charlie
[/quote]

[/quote]Wouldn't that be fun to find an iron kettle with gold coins in it?! I get all excited when I dig up an old knife or piece of iron that I think might be a pointer. I'd probably pass smooth out if I found a gold coin!! :laughing9:
Shortstack said:
sandcreek4 said:
Shortstack said:
Sandcreek:

It's the old , "hiding in plain sight" idea. :thumbsup:
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: Pretty cool how they did that---means you need to pay attention to everything.

poorfarm

Feb 13, 2011
stevesno said:
poorfarm said:

steve this is a pic of sandcreeks tree not mine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread