Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorfarm said:
No news to report, other than finding an old buckle. Horse tack? This buckle was in the general area of the wedge we found(on my other post). I don't know if it has anything to do with the layout, though.
Anyone know how old this buckle could be? Early 1900's?

Attachments

• IMG_1653 (609x650).jpg
    IMG_1653 (609x650).jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 540
  • IMG_1652 (650x498).jpg
    IMG_1652 (650x498).jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 521
OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin said:
Charmin, Have you gone in a west direction from the blazed tree. I am sending you a PM about some of things I see----------I hope this helps.
Thanks Franklin---we'll try to get some better pictures of the blaze. We haven't gone in a westerly direction yet from the blaze....that would be across the creek. So, we'll try that next. And thanks for the info in the PM you sent :o :o :o .
I be contacting you through an email.

Carmon

DHaze

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Burr oak trees have huge knots on them and quite burly. LOL I'm not sayn I dont believe but years of timber cutting and mushroom hunting I have seen many a strange tree. If the trees are or have been flooded/naturally damaged they get some strange growth and knots. So unless I have passed by Trillions in treasure (and I could have) I wouldnt put alot in them. Of course it is all determined by the area anyway. Most of my mushroom spots are naturally marked by trees that are odd or rocks etc. that I didnt place or mark. Soooooo.......add mushroom and treasure hunting to the growing list of Secret Societies.
By the way could ya'll check my posts see if you can help.
Thanks

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Burr oak trees have huge knots on them and quite burly. LOL I'm not sayn I dont believe but years of timber cutting and mushroom hunting I have seen many a strange tree. If the trees are or have been flooded/naturally damaged they get some strange growth and knots. So unless I have passed by Trillions in treasure (and I could have) I wouldnt put alot in them. Of course it is all determined by the area anyway. Most of my mushroom spots are naturally marked by trees that are odd or rocks etc. that I didnt place or mark. Soooooo.......add mushroom and treasure hunting to the growing list of Secret Societies.
By the way could ya'll check my posts see if you can help.
Thanks
I hear ya on the trees DHaze....this tree I posted could very well be a natural growth, but there is so much other stuff going on here, that I do wonder if it was incorporated into a bigger plan. We have just started our winter treasure hunting season(the snakes have all gone in :) ). Last year our trail led us to a rock pile, but the ground was so hard from the drought that we couldn't get a shovel in the ground......so we've been thinking about that rock pile all summer and finally went back to it last weekend. The signal was still there, so we dug it up and here's what we found: IMG_5497 - Copy (2) (966x1024).jpg
Some kind of chisel? (at first glance I thought it was a dorey(Spelling?) bar, cause my sister hit it with her shovel and I could see that silvery color on the edge!) I said "OMG! Its a Bar!!"---we had a good laugh over that! LOL
So then we looked at what direction the chisel was pointing to...and its pointing in an easterly direction. But before I tell you about that, look at this rock that the chisel was found next to:
IMG_5487 - Copy (683x1024).jpg
Now a closer inspection of the rock shows something: IMG_5492 - Copy (1024x683).jpg IMG_5492 - Copy (2) (1024x683).jpg
Is that "X" on the rock natural or not? I have a hard time distinguishing between natural and man made markings on rocks, unless of course its actual letters and such.

So then if we look in the direction of the chisel, we see this:
IMG_5490 - Copy (845x1024).jpg
Do y'all remember that "F-R" rock we found?---I think I posted that in another thread---but all these things tie together. P1140042 - Copy (2).JPG well this rock sits on the hill where the chisel is pointing us. Sometimes I feel like Benjamin Gates(on National Treasure), cause there's always one more sign to follow :) and I am walking around out in this big old pasture with a metal detector and a shovel or down on my hands and knees turning over another rock to see if anything is on the bottom. ::)

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, Charmin. Been missing your posts, but I can understand why you don't go to your site during warm weather. Groups don't hold annual rattlesnake roundups in Oklahoma for nothing. :laughing7:

On your "x" rock.........that large notch taken out of the side of the rock is interestin, too. Normally, that would be a confirmation mark the Spanish used, but would they use such a mark to confirm an "x"? I wouldn't think so. According to information posted by Old Dog, the Spanish rules said they did NOT use confirmation marks for "X"s, crosses, and "T"s. Soooo, I wonder if that is a corner for some plotting. What do you find if you extend lines out, parallel to each side of that notch? It looks to be pretty darn close to a 90 degree angle.

On this photo that I'm posting. I lightened up the area a little and see a bunch of small circles in one area that stay firm no matter how I adjusted the lighting and contrast. So, I'm thinking they are real and not pixalations. And that "P" looking figure in the other circle doesn't look like a mixture of twigs and grass shadows. Take a soft brush and dust off those areas and take some good photos you can study at home. (and post here of course......OR the other site) There appears to be more letters / symbols on the edge of that top rock. The very first thing that I thought of when I lightened up this pix was, "capstone". By the way,,,,,what do you think of the changes made to TNet?

Attachments

• IMG_5490 - Copy (845x1024)-charmin-marked.jpg
    IMG_5490 - Copy (845x1024)-charmin-marked.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, Charmin. Been missing your posts, but I can understand why you don't go to your site during warm weather. Groups don't hold annual rattlesnake roundups in Oklahoma for nothing. :laughing7:

On your "x" rock.........that large notch taken out of the side of the rock is interestin, too. Normally, that would be a confirmation mark the Spanish used, but would they use such a mark to confirm an "x"? I wouldn't think so. According to information posted by Old Dog, the Spanish rules said they did NOT use confirmation marks for "X"s, crosses, and "T"s. Soooo, I wonder if that is a corner for some plotting. What do you find if you extend lines out, parallel to each side of that notch? It looks to be pretty darn close to a 90 degree angle.

On this photo that I'm posting. I lightened up the area a little and see a bunch of small circles in one area that stay firm no matter how I adjusted the lighting and contrast. So, I'm thinking they are real and not pixalations. And that "P" looking figure in the other circle doesn't look like a mixture of twigs and grass shadows. Take a soft brush and dust off those areas and take some good photos you can study at home. (and post here of course......OR the other site) There appears to be more letters / symbols on the edge of that top rock. The very first thing that I thought of when I lightened up this pix was, "capstone". By the way,,,,,what do you think of the changes made to TNet?
Hey SS :hello: I think that "P" that you're seeing is just a trick of the light or the moss that's growing on that rock, but we'll sure take another look at it! And if that is a cap stone, we're gonna need some bigger equipment :) . I didn't think to look at the area the "notch" is pointing towards. That is a yet unexplored part of this site.
And the changes of TNet took some getting used to...I like it now, but didn't when they first changed it over. It's still one of the best treasure sites going!
We'll try to get some better pics after Thanksgiving......probably won't be back down to that area until then. The deer hunter's are all over this place too, so its probably better that we stay outta there until all the shooting stops :) .
Here's a little bit closer cropped in picture of that rock where you see the "P". IMG_5491 (1024x508).jpg

DHaze

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charmin not sure on the rocks I am having the same trouble but no one is posting on my treads/pics......so I must either be on to sumpin or they are nothing worth talking about. Yes it does have to do with the area and other/signs. Just a tree is just that junk is junk graffiti is graffiti but if they are all in the same area I believe it is more but I am New to all this. My area has all (new pics soon on kgc forum here) as well. Horse shoe axe head chain and old stove parts. If ya'll could help me on one it is a 1-v-1 (the v is inverted the one could be ?) the pix are on here under kgc or signs and symbols. Thanks keep on keepn on.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charmin not sure on the rocks I am having the same trouble but no one is posting on my treads/pics......so I must either be on to sumpin or they are nothing worth talking about. Yes it does have to do with the area and other/signs. Just a tree is just that junk is junk graffiti is graffiti but if they are all in the same area I believe it is more but I am New to all this. My area has all (new pics soon on kgc forum here) as well. Horse shoe axe head chain and old stove parts. If ya'll could help me on one it is a 1-v-1 (the v is inverted the one could be ?) the pix are on here under kgc or signs and symbols. Thanks keep on keepn on.
I am still learning on these treasure signs DHaze and don't think I can help you any on your symbols---it would be like the blind leading the blind cause I'm not an expert by any means :tongue3: :laughing7: .........maybe someone with more knowledge can take a look and see what they think.
What part of the country are you in? You don't have to give an exact location but it would help to know if its an area that the KGC were in or if the Spanish were there.
The only other thing I can tell you is to take lots of pictures and try to plot your signs out on a map----Shortstack told me about Bing maps and I really like those as well as Google Earth.
Read as many of the treasure signs/symbols threads as you can on Tnet---we've just been learning as we go.......

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL............I sure do not blame you on staying home during hunting season. When farmers and ranchers feel the need to paint the name "cow" and "horse" on their animals;.................well, those kinds of "hunters" are better left to themselves. With today's higher prices on everything, especially meats, there are probably a lot more "great white hunters" roaming around the different states looking to shoot anything moving. :laughing7:

If you ever decide to try moving that top rock, make several alighment marks all around it to be able to put it back into place. You'll need a LOT more tools than your sister's shovel. I cracked up on your comment about her digging that spike. :coffee2: Have you noticed how the new TNet dropped a lot of postings?? There are several missing from the first page of this thread. Mine and HossKGC are just 2. My post count dropped over 200 postings from it's value. No explanation for that.....concerning mine or anyone else's.

Those circles would normally have a value of "1", but when used in a line and connected by lines, they form what Old Dog calls a chain map of a trail to a cache or mine site. He posted an example or two on TNet several months ago.

DHaze

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IN/IL area. They (kgc) were here not sure about spanish. So dark glasses and a cane will help? lol

DHaze

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok my friends check out the new pix/posts of mine. And please reply. So I can prove to my Woman and family that Im not Crazy....Well not completly Crazy anyway.
Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread