Heart in middle of mountain

Mayan Hunter

Jan 25, 2011
Utah desert
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Colt 44/Fisher Gemini lll/Minolta 400 SLR
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Now that fall is here, I've spotted a large heart made up of quakies that is now yellow in the midst of red and green foliage. Stands out from 12 miles away. The spanish went to alot of trouble to plant these trees that would only be seen when the leaves changed colors in fall. I'm guessing the 'heart' is significant.
Anyone else seen one of these yellow quakie hearts?

See photo down below up date 2/14/2016
below last comment of "Casca"

Last edited:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The closest thing that I've seen on this forum was a photo posted by Don Jose on one of his threads. It was in a very rugged area of Mexico; taken from a light airplane. The TEXTURE of the foliage of a large section of jungle-like growth formed the shape of a sun god on the side of a mountain ridge line.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Mayan Hunter said:
Now that fall is here, I've spotted a large heart made up of quakies that is now yellow in the midst of red and green foliage. Stands out from 12 miles away. The spanish went to alot of trouble to plant these trees that would only be seen when the leaves changed colors in fall. I'm guessing the 'heart' is significant.

Yeah, I have a photo of that aspen heart somewhere - I'll look for it today and post it. I think it was posted previously - may have been on TNet or maybe another forum. Anyway, even though the boys believe it's 'Spanish' (they always do), it's actually closely associated with the KGC in Utah. As I recall, it may also be linked to that panel of carvings recently posted here in 'Treasure Marks/Signs' that included the locomotive, etc. This is a great example of altered terrain, using trees. Aspen plantings are less common - oaks are more likely the tree of choice. It's been several years ... I'll look in my old emails for more details on your heart.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Springfield said:
Mayan Hunter said:

Yeah, I have a photo of that aspen heart somewhere - I'll look for it today and post it. I think it was posted previously - may have been on TNet or maybe another forum. Anyway, even though the boys believe it's 'Spanish' (they always do), it's actually closely associated with the KGC in Utah. As I recall, it may also be linked to that panel of carvings recently posted here in 'Treasure Marks/Signs' that included the locomotive, etc. This is a great example of altered terrain, using trees. Aspen plantings are less common - oaks are more likely the tree of choice. It's been several years ... I'll look in my old emails for more details on your heart.

Sorry .... I haven't located the email I was looking for, and I guess the guy who posted the recent rock carvings has deleted his thread too. I guess you're on your own with your heart. It's a great clue - try posting under the 'KGC' category. Someone there may respond.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Springfield said:
Sorry .... I haven't located the email I was looking for, and I guess the guy who posted the recent rock carvings has deleted his thread too. I guess you're on your own with your heart. It's a great clue - try posting under the 'KGC' category. Someone there may respond.

might also help if you have a photo.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without a photo I can not date or guess what or who might have made it. Know that the technique you describe is not accepted in the science community. But I believe plants have been used and some will survive 200 years of wind, flood, and wildfire. I always wonder to the time, effort, and reason to make such a thing. I guess we know they didn't have smart phones. I have a lot of art that you will never see in a museum.

OP
OP
Mayan Hunter

Mayan Hunter

Jan 25, 2011
Utah desert
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Colt 44/Fisher Gemini lll/Minolta 400 SLR
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yellow Quaking Aspen in fall colors

Photo on 2016-02-13 at 17.47.jpg