Symbols over load.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Thanks Pinwheel,It is my opinion and from everything that I have researched that a hoyo is nothing but a starting point, kinda like here, then there should be something else that points the direction, I know that other's may indicate that looking thru the hoyo is the way to go but I disagre, I think the hoyo is used because it can be seen from a distance and it simply to draw your attention to that spot.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello onally, this is just a guess on my part but it seems that you may a map of an unknown area, if you can find the area it may be interesting to look for be at the South East corner of a triangle layed out with corner markers, on this I would look toward the 30 degrees area at least 95 feet and not more than 500 feet, if you can find the area where s lots of large wash tub size boulders

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks Pinwheel,It is my opinion and from everything that I have researched that a hoyo is nothing but a starting point, kinda like here, then there should be something else that points the direction, I know that other's may indicate that looking thru the hoyo is the way to go but I disagre, I think the hoyo is used because it can be seen from a distance and it simply to draw your attention to that spot.

Yes Desty. I agree with you for the most part. The hoyo at the start of a trail is usally in the shape of an owl or hart exc. exc. It is mostly used to verify that the monument is not the work of nature. And maybe the next sign that you need to be on the look out for. However the hoyo that i was talking about was near the end of the trail and was in the shape of a square. About 1 inch in size. It only showed the ground either way you looked through it. I believe it was used to verify that the message was decoded correctly. It showed the same spots as the decoded message. However these guys did not like to do the same thing twice. That is the way it worked on this site. I doubt i will ever see a hoyo used like that again.
pinwheel

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread