Monument Trail to ................

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea, i sure do usernotfound. even the rock medium is very close,this thread was a great read again,thanks gollum. i have gone to different mountain ranges with different rock medium,and it seems to me, that makes a big differents to me being able to see the stuff. i sure would like to make a break thru. thanks usernotfound,for bumping this up.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Mike for sharing. I would have never looked at such small white rocks during a field trip. The area with the "7" may hold more clues, but sounds like you figured it out. There is a lot more work involved but it is a good example of following signs. Look forward to more post.

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is all I will say about Jesuit Codes;

I know several clues that are inextricably linked to the Jesuit Order over a span of hundreds of years. The part that nobody has figured out is how they are related and in what order. Finding out how they are related will teach one how to understand what they are looking at. Learning about the relationship between clues will show one how one clue leads to another. This will teach one how to follow a trail not meant for you to follow.

Mike

JEE,

I have no idea what he is talking about here. Surely he can not be talking about the Bible.

Good luck trying to find how they are related to each other Dog, TTH...without the Bible.

Bird starts with the letter B, so maybe now I'm looking for a animal that starts with the letter C!:icon_scratch:

or if a duck likes water, maybe he goes under water and DUCKS OUT on you!:icon_scratch:

Yup, good luck.

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I deserted this thread. HAHAHA I know it is old, but should add a couple of things:

Patrick,

This is not in the SE USA. It is in the general area of the Anza-Borrego Desert in Southern California. You are also wrong when you state it was not Spanish. For many reasons, I won't be more specific, but suffice it to say that I can guarantee you it IS Colonial Spanish. The pictures are also only of one trail, and they are in perfect order. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Peralta,

No, the story about Rio de Janiero IS correct. I have copies of newspaper articles and an excerpt on the story from the Canada Law Review of 1892.

Everyone Else,

One thing that always happens whenever someone posts pictures in this category (Treasure Marks/Signs), a bunch of people chime in seeing faces and markings everywhere. Even after I found what I found in that canyon, I have kept going back for many years. What signs I posted are the signs that are there. Too many people try and read waaaaay more than is actually there.

Mike

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did, thanks. I just haven't had a lot of time to reach out to anybody lately.

Mike

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mike,

I think you misunderstood my post. I do believe they are Spanish in origin. It is very much atypical Spanish for the mid 1700s.

Let me know if you need any assistance translating them from my books.

Patrick

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mike,

I think you misunderstood my post. I do believe they are Spanish in origin. It is very much atypical Spanish for the mid 1700s.

Let me know if you need any assistance translating them from my books.

Patrick

a·typ·i·cal
āˈtipikəl/
adjective

adjective: atypical
not representative of a type, group, or class.

No problem Patrick. I think you meant that they are typical mid 1700's Spanish. No Worries. Thank you but no need, I have already finished with that trail of monuments. I have been doing this for quite a while. Between my own library, my finds, and a few cagey old timers, I pretty well have translations covered. I posted this monument trail for a few reasons.

1. To show people that Chuck Kenworthy was not any kind of scammer. He knew what he was doing (some of these monuments are right from his books).
2. To show people how monument trails actually work, and how to follow them.
3. To show people that such things actually exist. There are some people that think this is all BS.

Thanks Again - Mike

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gollum, I don’t know whether to thank you or curse you. I suppose a little of both is in order. I have been rattling around the desert here in SoCal for many years, both in 4WD vehicles and on foot, starting way back in 1977. Most of my time has been spent between the Salton Sea and the Colorado River, south of I-10 and north of the 78 (yes, in the Chocolates as well, they were pretty open between 1977 and 1984/85), but quite a bit in Anza-Borrego as well, since it was closer to my home.. However, I never really looked for treasure or symbols in the past. Now, since I have seen your pictures, I fully intend to try to locate some of these markers and symbols at least. Treasure would be nice, too, but the markers will do just as well, I think. Of course, any hints as to where to start would be appreciated, but I will understand if you decline to give me any. (Iposted this in the Monument rant thread as well, just in case you were only following one of the threads.)

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortfinger,

I got very lucky starting out. Met a guy that was quite wealthy. I found out that he had gotten rich (retired at about 50) from a very nice find of bullion (somewhere in the US Southwest). He took me out to Anza-Borrego, and showed me a bunch of monuments he had found, but couldn't find where they led. He eventually got tired of dragging his butt through the desert and quit, so he could really enjoy his retirement. I also got lucky again, after Chuck Kenworthy passed away, I was given a large box of his that had all his research materials on Anza-Borrego (Lost Gonzalez Mine), Ben Sublett's Mine in Texas, and The Skeleton Canyon Treasure in SE Arizona. That gave me several more years of footwork. In that area, I have hiked around everywhere from the Border up to The Santa Rosas. I also spend a lot of time along the North edge of Joshua Tree and every mountain range North of there (Bullions, Sheepholes, Calumets, Turtles, and Granites.

Most of my searching from The Coyote Mountains to the border involved Pegleg's Black Gold Nuggets.

Best of luck to you - Mike

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find the truth about the nuts and bolts of mining in the new world under control of the King of Spain: who located the mines; who financed the operations; what resources and skills were required to operate a mine; who owned the properties; how the King determined his share; how he collected it. While you're at it, find out the truth about the range and extent of 'Spanish mining' beyond the northern frontier (ie today's USA) prior to the Mexican War.

Springfield:
If everyone took the advice above, this board would be nearly cold dead.

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, Gollum, I was looking for a more exact hint than “somewhere in southern California, New Mexico, or Texas”. Something like “About 6 miles after the end of the paved road going up Coyote Canyon, go up the canyon to the right (Box Canyon) about 2 miles and start looking for a monument”. If you look at the pictures in Google Earth, you may see why I chose Box Canyon as a possible site for the start of my search. I know you are about “boots on the trail”, and I don’t mind that and will be glad to put in some time on the trail, but I’m an old man (not as old as Don Jose, but old none the less), and probably don’t have 12 years to look for my first monument…..

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Springfield:
If everyone took the advice above, this board would be nearly cold dead.

BIT,

I already have. I have been at this for over twenty years. I have read just about every translation of every period mining book. When no translations were available, I learned to translate myself. I taught myself to read Chainwriting, Procesal & Cortesana, and Italica (Spanish Handwriting Styles from the 16th Century - 19th Century). I read the journals of every Jesuit Missionary Father that have ever been published. I made friends with some of the most prominent Jesuit Historians in the United States, and actively correspond with people at the Jesuit Curia in Rome. I learned prospecting techniques. I had already spent a third of my life in both the US Navy and the US Army. I knew how to survive in deserts and mountains. I learned about fossils....and in those twenty years, I have been very fortunate to have met several people whose great grandchildren will never have to work because of rich finds made. Amidst all that, I have spent as much time as possible tramping myself through deserts and mountains.

All that learning taught me that there is MUCH more out there hidden than you will ever read about in most history books.

Mike

Last edited:

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds to me like you have had a fun and very INTERESTING life. You know as well as I do that history books are written by the victors and the descendants who ally themselves to them.

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had an awesome life so far. Between active duty and reserves, was in the military for almost 14 years. Been around the world a couple of times in the military. Managed nightclubs in the French Quarter (I'm from New Orleans). Met Elvis when I was 14 (about two weeks before he died), and I could go on and on. But for the last twenty-odd years, I have been fortunate to be able to treasure hunt all over the Southwestern US and Northwestern Mexico.

.................and to top it off, I get to live in Southern California! Even though it is a communist state that taxes the living hell out of all its people, then blows the money on stupid crap and asks us for more. BUUUUUT, I live ten minutes from the beach, twenty minutes from the mountains, and an hour from the desert.

The absolute biggest problem with paper trails to document treasures is that for many years, archives were open to anybody, and tons of treasure hunters stole them from libraries and archives all over the world. That documentation still exists, but a lot of it is in private hands (collections), and may never see the light of day.

Today, what is often required is the ability to read between the lines and be good at guesstimating. A very good example is the Jesuit Mission at Guevavi. We have several edicts from different Kings of Spain stating unequivocally that "Religiosos and Clerigos were not allowed to do any mining, or even to have any knowledge of mining. History books say the Jesuits didn't conduct any activities related to mining. Over the many years of its existence, gobs of people got sick and some died there (including some Jesuit Missionaries). When you read the symptoms of the sicknesses, it sounds A LOT like heavy metal poisoning. Heavy metal poisoning that would occur as a result of smelting activities. People say that idea is ridiculous.

THEN............... after an excavation of the mission site, a very interesting item was found. A broken Bronze Bell that still had the casting sprues attached. What that means is that the bell was cast there, but broke when taking it out of the mold. Buuuuuut, casting a bronze bell means that the Jesuits were smelting and doing metallurgical work at the mission. Something that all the Jesuits and all the current history books say never happened.

Mike

Jewel.

Nov 2, 2014
india
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gollum , i am very interested for your thread and wrote . can i ask you . Do find treasure or anything from your long searching ??

Jewel.

Nov 2, 2014
india
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMAG2191.jpg

trail , alpha , omega , triangle , hoyo .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread