strange pile of rocks

mercinarie

Nov 5, 2006
Western Australia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
check if there is any markings on the top/back of the turtles, there sometimes is distance and direction markers.

A turtle with no legs but still has its head and tail means - treasure here.

A turtle with all legs, tail and head ( a normal turtle i spose) means - follow head to a trail or treasure

A turtle with all legs and head normal but the tail is bent means - follow tail to trail or treasure

A turtle with its head and tail normal but has one leg bent means - follow bent leg to trail or treasure

A turtle with its head, tail and feet retracted into its shell means - danger or objects hidden

A turtle with its head removed means - treasure has been taken

Thats my info i have on turtle signs and symbols.

Good hunting.

OP
OP
T

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
Thanks mercinarie for the turtle info,I think I need to read some more treasure books. the only book I have is Charles Kenworthys ,Spanish Monuments and trail markers to treasure in the United States. and he dosent even mention turtles. Can anyone recommend a book thats helped in your treasure hunts.

OP
OP
T

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
I just stumbled across this picture I took last summer of this odd tree, this pine tree is in the same area as the other pictures Ive posted. as you can see its bent over and twisted three times, from the back side where the bark is cracked I can see that its actually twisted and not just three growths. Anybody care to guess if it means anything or not?

Attachments

• twisted tree (478 x 600).jpg
    twisted tree (478 x 600).jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 5,383

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok, well at first I didn't think you were on to something, but I've changed my mind. That tree kinda seals the deal here. BTW, what is the big white thing behind it, on the right side? Looks like a PVC pipe..

I think it's telling you to go 3 canyons over. Are there 3 canyons close to here? Or it's saying over 3 hills. One of the 2.

BTW, what is the twig pointing at? The one just to the left of the first twist. It's pointing at something.

mercinarie

Nov 5, 2006
Western Australia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
yea i agree with djui5 , like between 3 hills or something like that just look for stuff in threes.

then again it might be natural.

OP
OP
T

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
thanks for the quick response djui5,and the encouragement is appreciated. The white thing you see is an aspen tree. there is one canyon about 30 ft. in front the tree but thats all.there are two small hills though. And that twig, the dead one, is pointing up .

OP
OP
T

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
thanks again mercinarie, so I should be looking for something in threes, like three rocks or three hundred feet?

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
TLH said:
thanks for the quick response djui5,and the encouragement is appreciated. The white thing you see is an aspen tree. there is one canyon about 30 ft. in front the tree but thats all.there are two small hills though. And that twig, the dead one, is pointing up .

Go up the canyon (twig points up) to find the next marker or whatever they're leading you to. The 2 twists, coinciding with the 2 hills are a distraction IMO. Those aren't turtles BTW, just rocks to throw people off. The heart with a rock pointing towards the V shaped rocks is the verification that you've found something.

If you find anything, take pictures first. Don't start digging. You could get hurt that way.

mercinarie

Nov 5, 2006
Western Australia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
im just saying what i would do, i basically an amature u know.

and i would also search the canyon and around the 2 hills looking for any other signs and symbols, or anything else man made.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, I agree. Look everywhere, just in case.

OP
OP
T

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
Thanks guys, in a few days Ill go back out and pay more attention to the funny tree. Here's another picture of a rock thats also a few hundred feet from the other pictures. It kinda looks like pointer rocks in Kenworthy's book,whatda ya think natural or man made?

Attachments

• _MG_6009 (600 x 480).jpg
    _MG_6009 (600 x 480).jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 5,273

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i usually think that most of these kinds of pictures are just natural, but these are different somehow. now i dont know squat about spanish signs, but some of this stuff does look man made to me. just my opinion.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
that one looks purpose built to me also. Of course it's possible all this stuff is natural, but I don't think so :)

OP
OP
T

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
Thanks hollowpointred and djui5 I hope your both right.One of my problems has been trying to tell natural formations from man made,but I have a lot of pictures all taken within a very small area that have a lot of very odd rocks in it. I spend a fair amount of time in the woods hunting, fishing, hiking, and taking pictures and Ive never seen such a concentration of rocks that could possibly be man made in such a small area.I guess most are natural but if only one is man made you have to ask who did it and why.so Ill keep posting pictures and maybe they'll make since to someone out there.

mercinarie

Nov 5, 2006
Western Australia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
yea it could be a treasure or mine trail.

have you looked closley for other symbols or signs carved into the rocks.

OP
OP
T

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
mercinarie I have found some things that I believe are carvings in rocks, but as usual Im never sure if there natural or not. heres a couple of pictures that look like a face carved in rock to me. I painted one of them to show what I see. whatda you see?

Attachments

• spanish face (Small).jpg
    spanish face (Small).jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 5,087
  • spaniard (Small).jpg
    spaniard (Small).jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 5,004

mercinarie

Nov 5, 2006
Western Australia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
hmm see how the outline of the "face" looks really deep, you cant carve that deep. it looks like the rock has cracked

those three diagonal lines might be something, but i think the face is a natural one.

OP
OP
T

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
mercinarie your right the deep lines are natural, Kenworth's book says that the Spanish would enhance what was already there so it took a lot less work than it looks like.But you sure could be right it could be natural,thats why Im here, I need opinions.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well here is the face I see...looks a little like John Lennon ;)

Attachments

• John-Lennon.jpg
    John-Lennon.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 4,952

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread