djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
BTW, if this was "man made" this is the area they broke away to reveal what you see now. It's possible it was done with water erosion, but this is the rock area that broke away. I circled it in white. It's possible to do this man-made and obtain the results you see, looking like natural erosion.

Also, I have a question. Do the face, stick in the tree, and rock pointer (the last one you posted) all point in the same direction?

Attachments

• Breakaway-area.jpg
    Breakaway-area.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 4,853
OP
OP
T

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
djui5 It looks more like ringo than john check out that nose. no they don't point in the same direction, wish they did,it would make more since.The tree leans in the direction of the rock that has the turtle shaped rocks on top of it. the pointer rock points to picture 'A' which is a 150 foot tall rock that has a small pile of rocks on top.and no I haven't been up there,I can see how a person COULD climb up there but that person would NOT be me.And the alleged Spanish face looks at "B" where he appears to point to a snake shaped rock and look at a little white heart shaped rock. Whatda ya think?

Attachments

• rock pile (Medium).jpg
    rock pile (Medium).jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 4,850
  • snake (Medium).jpg
    snake (Medium).jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 4,815
OP
OP
T

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
Thanks for your input gord, your right from that close up it does look like a turtle head. I dug up this long shot, kinda fuzzy but it shows more snake body. I wish I had the cahones to climb that rock,there is a way but there steep and narrow ledges and have lots of places for death traps.

Attachments

• long snake (Small).jpg
    long snake (Small).jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 4,737

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
TLH said:
The tree leans in the direction of the rock that has the turtle shaped rocks on top of it.

Is this the rock in the first "faces" picture? The picture with the 2 huge faces in it?

See, those faces are looking off in the distance quite a ways, not at your snake I don't think. What I'm thinking the site is telling you is to go in the direction the faces are looking, over 3 hills or canyons (tree clue). There you'll find more markers/rocks.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen: not to thow cold water on the subject, but it entirely natural. As for faces and figures, I can show you quite a few "more" by using my imagination. sorry.

As for the twisted tree, post # 22, that is malformed. Many types of rocks, due to the minerals integral with them, act as collectors / radiators of natural earth energies. This tree being in close proximity to the rock may be just reacting to the natural forces emitted interferring with it's normal programed growth pattern. Granite is well known for having a measureable electrical charge.

For a human to do this would require many years.

On Post # 41, I would need more information, but at first glance, in the picture it appears to be man made.

Tropical Tramp

OP
OP
T

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
djui5 the Indian faces are on two separate rocks that are close together,the camera angle made them look as one.One face looks due east and the other south east. "c" and "D" are the s.e. face from different angles and distances. The face looking at the snake is on the other rock. RealdeTayopa thanks for jumping in,don't worry about the cold water I'm looking for both sides of this puzzle. thats very interesting info about the tree, I know that trees growing in rock get stunted but Ive never seen one twisted like that,it made an interesting picture though.

Attachments

• brave (Small).jpg
    brave (Small).jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 4,690
  • brave2 (Small).jpg
    brave2 (Small).jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 4,602

mercinarie

Nov 5, 2006
Western Australia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
snake symbols and signs are mostly used to show a direction of travel or as a warning, so be carfull just in case is is a carved snake.

can u get a better picture of the snake.

OP
OP
T

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
mercinarie thanks for your input again, this is the only other picture of the snake I could find, I painted it to show what I see. I can get another one when the snow melts a little but they never look right until that summer sun hits them.

Attachments

• CLIMBING SNAKE (Medium).jpg
    CLIMBING SNAKE (Medium).jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 4,674
OP
OP
T

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
Things seem kinda slow here tonight so I guess Ill throw out another picture and see if I can stir up a comment or to. I think that these pictures are of a Bulldog or it looks like one to me.When I first seen it I wondered, why would the Spanish put a bulldog up there and had bulldogs even been invented yet,so I looked it up on the internet {so it has to be true} and found out that the Spanish invented the bulldog and brought them to the new world to use as fighting and guard dogs,and maybe that would explain why this one is hanging off the side of a mountain.Could be. So whatda ya think?

Attachments

• BULLDOG 2.jpg
    BULLDOG 2.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 4,468
  • BULLDOG.jpg
    BULLDOG.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 4,541
OP
OP
T

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
Hot dang!!! as soon as it stops snowing Ill change the name to My Bulldog Mine.

mercinarie

Nov 5, 2006
Western Australia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
i think its a bit of a stretch to call that a bulldog, but if it is maybee it is guarding something, you might be really close to it.

OP
OP
T

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
mercinarie I know it does take some imagination to see these shapes and forms and a little gold fever can add to that imagination,but from my understanding of how these trail markers are supposed to look I believe that they should be hard to see, and blend in with there environment and not be noticeable to anyone but the folks that had a need to know, after all if everyone could see them the mine wouldn't stay hidden for long.But I know what you mean, Ive looked at other peoples pictures and couldn't see nothing but a rock.

OP
OP
T

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
These pictures are different from the ones Ive been posting, the other pictures are what I think could be Spanish trail markers, but these pics appear to be some kind of a path. As you can see it looks like a trail made by lining up rocks. it kinda meanders for a couple of miles and then peters out at both ends.The reason it interests me is because it starts a couple of hundred yards from where all the other pictures were taken and heads in the direction of a river.I think its to narrow to be a road,its a little less than five feet wide,its more like something for a horse or a walker.In two places it becomes a two lane trail for a hundred yards or so.If anyone would like to enlighten me have at it.

Attachments

• rocky road (Small).jpg
    rocky road (Small).jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 4,413
  • rocky road. 2 (Small).jpg
    rocky road. 2 (Small).jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 4,400
  • rocky road. 3 (Small).jpg
    rocky road. 3 (Small).jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 4,295
  • rocky road. 4 (Small).jpg
    rocky road. 4 (Small).jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 4,234
  • rocky road.5 (Small).jpg
    rocky road.5 (Small).jpg
    78 KB · Views: 4,217

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ox cart/wagon road? How wide were those things.

That sure is an exciting discovery. :o

OP
OP
T

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
An interesting thing about the rocky road mercinarie is that it cant be seen in less your standing in the right places. Ive tried taking pictures of it from the tops of mountains and it dosnt show up.the only way it can be seen is from real close and knowing what to look for or standing in the middle of it,thats why three of the pictures are taken that way. if I stand off to the side of the road and look down it, it disappears. Believe it or not I walked over and around it for years without seeing it! I wish I could get an areal photo of it but I don't fly and I'm not ready yet to show the location of all this to any one.
djui5 I measured my neighbors antique buckboard and the wheels were more than five feet wide. I guess there were wheeled vehicles narrower than that but it seems to me that even if your cart is four feet wide you would want more than six inches clearance on a side after all it takes no more rocks and no more time to make the road eight feet wide.
And another thing, why would anyone put it there anyway. As you can see the land is mostly flat and open and I can see the river,why would anyone need a marked trail to go there? whatda ya think?

OP
OP
T

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
I found another picture of the bulldog. Ive painted it up to show what I see.

Attachments

• BULLDOG.painted (Medium).jpg
    BULLDOG.painted (Medium).jpg
    104 KB · Views: 4,213
  • DSCN1113 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1113 (Medium).JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 4,134

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
can I see the bulldog rock without being painted? Did you put the teeth there?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread