Creek Carvings Missouri.

BeastnamedPeace

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently returned to this site with a friend. Its at the end of a creek in Missouri where the creek shallows and then "falls" to a pool which branches off into three different creeks. At the "falls" on the North and South side of the creek are SandStone? cliff type ledges which are big enough to camp on. This sight has heavy graffiti so keep that in mind. I remember seeing a carved turkey track years ago which was the reason I returned but I could not locate it. Instead i took some photos of these carvings which seemed unique. Tell me what you think thanks! The JT/line/circle are located on the north side ledge about ten feet up from the creek. the circle is indented as if you could sit a ball in it and it would fit perfectly. the line is carved deeper to the west/left. and shallows to the east/right. as does the creek. (deeper west, shallows into a fall to the east). The Art N rock is located on the east most point of the north rock ledge and faces south. It is about twenty feet above where the creek falls and collects into a large pool/pond. I know this area was populated with indians. My grampa would also always talk about a stage coach that was robbed in warrensburg, in which the outlaws had hidden their cache somewhere around this land. back then he said the area was known as stringtown. but could just be a wise tale also when i say ten/twenty feet up from the creek i mean vertical on the ledges.

Attachments

• 161_3456.JPG
    161_3456.JPG
    878.6 KB · Views: 1,178
  • 161_3457.JPG
    161_3457.JPG
    962.7 KB · Views: 305
  • 161_3460.JPG
    161_3460.JPG
    993.2 KB · Views: 1,551
  • 161_3461.JPG
    161_3461.JPG
    853.3 KB · Views: 680
Last edited:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the looks and sound of things, you could probably get a lot more qualified help in the KGC section. This looks like it's right in that area of history. Stagecoach and train robberies were supposedly one of the ways they got money and other valuables to add to their caches. From the description of the land area around there, there would be some excellent places for building large cache vaults.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
You could have different symbols from two different sources, the drill hole is important and the letters could represent 1 = first book of the Bible--- Chapter 8 verse 20 and 14, mesurement of the drill hole will give more info. Looks like more carvings on top also.

pearl54

Apr 20, 2012
mo.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
muttoncrk1.jpg Would like to here what your thoughts are. Am not sure what images are coming threw. Thought I did 3. Found in sw mo. One is I believe drill hole. Other is a diamond like shape with shallow like tracks going threw it. And lastly what I believe are spanish symbols. Would appreciate input.

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004
Have you followed the bent trees? DONT move the old metal clues you will find if the $$$ is still there.Have you been to the old cemetery yet?We followed similar carvings at Merrimac as well as near the home of Frank James.Read thru the old KGC posts to learn more.Clueman

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In southwest Missouri, you might want to also do some research on a group known as the Bald Knobbers. I have a book by that title, that I bought about 20 years ago. Veeery interesting situation there.

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004
Chadeaux............I encouraged the poster to read old KGC posts . Learning and reading with an objective, open mind is an admirable quality.
If yours remains closed, .........enjoy the bliss of your ignorance. My KGC TH experiences that were successful involved analyzing carvings, as well as following
the bent trees and metal clues. Disagreeing with a treasure symbol interpretation is one thing............making degrading comments about another shows, your closed mind and the lack of quality in your character.

BeastnamedPeace, read the posts, be objective and have fun learning.

I'll post here no more. Let the naysayer assist you.

pearl54

Apr 20, 2012
mo.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
flag symbol.jpg Sorry I'm just getting the hang of this posting stuff. Here is pic of diamond shape that is actually on same slab of stone as as in other post.

pearl54

Apr 20, 2012
mo.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstake - I have heard of baldknobbers but know very little. I was leaning toward spanish. hand & hole.jpg This is a drill hole I believe, found in a different location from that of posted above.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nah, have read your posts in the past.

You want to disrespect sacred things by saying they are treasure related.

The more folks who repeat these things, the greater the danger of damage happening to those sacred things.

You have knowledge, I am sure, but you also don't differentiate between the sacred trees and those trees that have supposedly been KGC created.

KGC --- Saw that on a box. Stands for "Kentucky Grilled Chicken". How'd they do that? (JK)

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello pearl54, if the point on the top ( north ) is pointing toward the 30 degrees area then more than likely it is a symbol for a league ( 2.5 miles ) you have intersected a trail that runs four directions to other trails. Larger photo and one with a larger area is necessary, I believe its a map layed out with marble size holes. If the corners of the diamond have a dot then it may indicate the corners of a nearby square with something of interest in a triangle as indicated by the three dots inside the square ( diamond ) Need a photo of the bottom of the hole without the hand and measurements Wide / Depth / circumfurence

pearl54

Apr 20, 2012
mo.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am posting pics on Treasure Marks/Signs Diagnosed Here.

fronjm05

May 8, 2013
Alta California
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2<br />
Fisher Gemini III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree this almost looks more like a mortero. Franklin any more explanation on the JT wrong turn or where you heard that? Could be initials. Would be awesome if the T was actually a J for JJ... Art N. If not graffiti or just some random persons initials, may want to research any Arthur Ns in the area way back...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread