OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should have done a 360 with the video, so you could have seen the Golden Halo and Sol Invictus.
attachment.php

Attachments

• sol1.jpg
    sol1.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 92
OP
OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is Sol's horse. Looks like the Sun is in his saddel. Cheers,Cheers to Helios.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 111013a 097.JPG
    111013a 097.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 196
  • xwct5ngxua761.jpg
    xwct5ngxua761.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 78
  • tumblr_my5yzsb3ry1s2jfsdo1_400.jpg
    tumblr_my5yzsb3ry1s2jfsdo1_400.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 78
  • images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 76
OP
OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another Artist , that makes me think where and how did they come up with this. Its in the field, out here,if you look.

OP
OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i guess this about brings the root canal job on the Iron Sheiks tooth to a end. It looks good set in there with a gold plate and crown.
attachment.php
. This photo is very interesting, in that at this site, all very close to the winged lion? Is a stone sphinx, stone steele, a stone slain person laying on the ground wearing what looks like a chain mail sock mask. The angle of Death at the door.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 854a20e65f96e7fc6dfb6a8c96fda17a.jpg
    854a20e65f96e7fc6dfb6a8c96fda17a.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 165
  • angel_of_death.jpg
    angel_of_death.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 159
  • sw.nm 049.JPG
    sw.nm 049.JPG
    215.5 KB · Views: 167
  • images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
OP
OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been trying to dig deeper in to this. Like who where the Phoenician ancestors . There sure seems to be some older or pre Phoenician type symbols out here. .

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
b38humv.jpg

Reliefs of Animals, Gobekli Tepe, Layer III, Circa 9000 BCE

Reliefs of Animals, Gobekli Tepe, Layer III, Circa 9000 BCE

So have you graduated from Robert Sepehr videos and moved on to Graham Hancock material now? I hear the "Fingerprints of the Gods" Trilogy of books are an entertaining read, or the accompanying Videos which you seem to prefer. They seem to be a favorite amongst the "controversial" crowd.

If Im not mistaken, Steve has done quite a bit of research regarding Gobekli Tepe and Catastrophic Earth Civilization Theory. Maybe he could chime in with some wisdom here. :wink:

I'll bring the popcorn. :happy1:

Have a Good'un. :icon_thumright:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
This subject is controversial and enigmatic due to the dogmatic and politicized narratives controlled by the present rulers of the world re earth science and mankind's history on the planet. Much of this material never made sense to me, so I've tended to favor logic-based contrarian explanations that do pass my personal logic-based view of things. Without providing a boatload of details, sources and explanations (available to anyone with curiosity and an open mind), I'll just give my greatly condensed bullet list of talking points that more or less describes my current working model:

12,000 years ago: Earth was controlled by a worldwide advanced human civilization that had been in a state of decline from even earlier times. A catastrophic physical event (micronova of the sun?) devastated the planet's surface and destroyed most of the civilization.

12,000 years ago to 6,000 years ago: surviving colonies of the previous period were established at numerous locations worldwide. Not much is known about these people except for exceptional structural ruins located in modern times in South America, the Middle East, Asia and elsewhere.

6,000 years ago: another cataclysm destroyed human development. This event, identified as The Great Flood, and other information was recorded in detail by the Sumerian civilization (Earth's so-called "earliest civilization"). The Sumerian material formed the basis of all the planet's later mythologies worldwide, describing events, deeds, gods, histories, symbols, etc. The Sumerian heroes morphed into those of later civilizations with new names and interpretations.

6,000 years ago to now: more great civilizations came and went, often built on much more ancient building ruins. Modern belief systems religions replaced older ones. Academia downplayed past accomplishments as folklore in order to elevate modern accomplishments.

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Pullin' teeth always works better with a little butter. :wink: :happy1:

Thank you, Steve, that was a mouthful. :notworthy:

Speaking of Historical Revisions, for the "open Minded" of course, Immanuel Velikovsky wrote an entire series of volumes in the '50s regarding the "Dark Age" he proposes was brought on by that second Catastrophic event you mention. (I have the entire set gathering dust in a closet for anyone interested. Free for the taking.)

Going back even farther you'll find other Catastrophists/Revisionists such as Ignatius Donnelly, Hans Bellamy, Victor Clube and a host of others going back in time all the way to Plato. Graham Hancock is just the latest in a long line of Revisionists of Earth Science and Mankind's History.

I'm sure if one was to immerse themselves in researching them they will find one that confirms their own opinion, or comes closest to matching what they want it to match. Such is life, or History as we know it, I reckon. Historical Truth is Subjective, Scientific Truth is Objective. I figger reality is somewhere 'twixt the two.

What relation does the photo posted by Dog have to his site? :dontknow: I reckon we'll have to wait to see. Left or Right, or somewhere in between. Maybe we'll find out before I run out of buttered popcorn. ???

Have a Good 'un. :icon_thumright:

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Pullin' teeth always works better with a little butter. :wink: :happy1:

Thank you, Steve, that was a mouthful. :notworthy:

Speaking of Historical Revisions, for the "open Minded" of course, Immanuel Velikovsky wrote an entire series of volumes in the '50s regarding the "Dark Age" he proposes was brought on by that second Catastrophic event you mention. (I have the entire set gathering dust in a closet for anyone interested. Free for the taking.)

Going back even farther you'll find other Catastrophists/Revisionists such as Ignatius Donnelly, Hans Bellamy, Victor Clube and a host of others going back in time all the way to Plato. Graham Hancock is just the latest in a long line of Revisionists of Earth Science and Mankind's History.

I'm sure if one was to immerse themselves in researching them they will find one that confirms their own opinion, or comes closest to matching what they want it to match. Such is life, or History as we know it, I reckon. Historical Truth is Subjective, Scientific Truth is Objective. I figger reality is somewhere 'twixt the two.

What relation does the photo posted by Dog have to his site? :dontknow: I reckon we'll have to wait to see. Left or Right, or somewhere in between. Maybe we'll find out before I run out of buttered popcorn. ???

Have a Good 'un. :icon_thumright:

Yeah, there have been many informed observers who have published intriguing material over the centuries - some more palatable than others. Revisionist history is one thing, but earth science and archaeological discoveries are more approachable, IMO. Re the former, as Tolstoy observed, "History would be a wonderful thing, if only it were true." Boy, howdy. I personally put more credence in world mythology, particularly the striking core similarities that have come down from dozens if not hundreds of sources worldwide. Your pal Velikovsky used a lot of this.

Archaeology speaks for itself. Don't get me started.

Re hard earth science, get ahold of the original Chan Thomas publications beginning in the 1960s. It's a good start, and may lead you down some interesting rabbitholes. There are a number of current internet presenters on this topic. A couple are straightforward, many tend towards drama.

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
I like your use of the term "Logic" from your previous post, Steve. By definition, Logic is the act of Reasoning Arguments. As I see it you and Dog are not that far apart in your reasoning. You both use Abductive reasoning, Dog leaning more towards Subjective Abduction while you appear more Probabilistic. Dog's reasoning may be more generalized, but you're both still using the same method of validating your theories...."An explanation is valid if it is the best possible explanation of a set of known data"....with both having varying degrees of uncertainty in your conclusions. The only difference I can see being the "set of known data".

A subjective claim, on one hand, is not a factual matter; it is an expression of belief, opinion, or personal preference. In contrast to objective claims, subjective claims cannot be proven true or false by any generally accepted criteria. Subjective claims often express opinions, preferences, values, feelings, and judgments. Even though they may involve facts, they do not make factual (provable) claims, and therefore they are, in a sense, neither true nor false in the same way an objective claim is true or false. They fall outside the realm of what is verifiable.

On the other hand, an objective claim is a statement about a factual matter - one that can be proven true or false. For factual matters there exist widely recognized criteria and methods to determine whether a claim is true or false. Still, an objective claim may be true or false; just because something is objective does not mean it is true. Facts previously considered true may come to be considered false if new criteria, methods, or technology emerge.

In effect, neither of the opposing claims above is wrong, and either or both could be true.

I reckon since objectivity does not guarantee truth, and subjectivity is not necessarily false, it makes sense that they're not actual opposites. They're simply different ways of reasoning/knowing. Mistaking subjectivity and objectivity as opposites can lead to problematic positions in debates/discussions. IMHO it's important to participate respectfully in dialogue with those whose subjective claims differ from one's own. It is possible to respect the person even while disagreeing with that person's opinion. As Voltaire said, "I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

While I choose to remain objective when it comes to this subject and others, I enjoy the interplay of various methods of reasoning used here on the forum. It keeps life interesting. And there's always the chance I might learn something or have something of value to contribute. (If not, nothing says I can't just watch and enjoy the popcorn).

As for your latest post, I somewhat agree. IMHO Archaeological discoveries are constrained by Academic Dogma which determines who gets the funding and who doesn't. While "more approachable", Independent excavations find little backing in that arena and for the most part are entirely subjective. Not to say they don't have merit, mind you, just little to no Academic validation.

As far as History goes, I prefer to use a forensic approach as most of what proliferates on the net should be considered a crime. I have to admit the same of most of what is passed off in books. Objectivity in Historical Research constitutes a sin in modern Academia. I've been nailed to a cross on several occasions. I've also been proven correct more times than not.

Geology (or hard Earth Science), on the other hand, provides some intriguing possibilities. Thank you for the suggestion in research material. I'll check it out. :wink:

Now, back to the pics, videos, and topic..... :happy1:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I like your use of the term "Logic" from your previous post, Steve. By definition, Logic is the act of Reasoning Arguments. As I see it you and Dog are not that far apart in your reasoning. You both use Abductive reasoning, Dog leaning more towards Subjective Abduction while you appear more Probabilistic. Dog's reasoning may be more generalized, but you're both still using the same method of validating your theories...."An explanation is valid if it is the best possible explanation of a set of known data"....with both having varying degrees of uncertainty in your conclusions. The only difference I can see being the "set of known data".

A subjective claim, on one hand, is not a factual matter; it is an expression of belief, opinion, or personal preference. In contrast to objective claims, subjective claims cannot be proven true or false by any generally accepted criteria. Subjective claims often express opinions, preferences, values, feelings, and judgments. Even though they may involve facts, they do not make factual (provable) claims, and therefore they are, in a sense, neither true nor false in the same way an objective claim is true or false. They fall outside the realm of what is verifiable.

On the other hand, an objective claim is a statement about a factual matter - one that can be proven true or false. For factual matters there exist widely recognized criteria and methods to determine whether a claim is true or false. Still, an objective claim may be true or false; just because something is objective does not mean it is true. Facts previously considered true may come to be considered false if new criteria, methods, or technology emerge.

In effect, neither of the opposing claims above is wrong, and either or both could be true.

I reckon since objectivity does not guarantee truth, and subjectivity is not necessarily false, it makes sense that they're not actual opposites. They're simply different ways of reasoning/knowing. Mistaking subjectivity and objectivity as opposites can lead to problematic positions in debates/discussions. IMHO it's important to participate respectfully in dialogue with those whose subjective claims differ from one's own. It is possible to respect the person even while disagreeing with that person's opinion. As Voltaire said, "I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

While I choose to remain objective when it comes to this subject and others, I enjoy the interplay of various methods of reasoning used here on the forum. It keeps life interesting. And there's always the chance I might learn something or have something of value to contribute. (If not, nothing says I can't just watch and enjoy the popcorn).

As for your latest post, I somewhat agree. IMHO Archaeological discoveries are constrained by Academic Dogma which determines who gets the funding and who doesn't. While "more approachable", Independent excavations find little backing in that arena and for the most part are entirely subjective. Not to say they don't have merit, mind you, just little to no Academic validation.

As far as History goes, I prefer to use a forensic approach as most of what proliferates on the net should be considered a crime. I have to admit the same of most of what is passed off in books. Objectivity in Historical Research constitutes a sin in modern Academia. I've been nailed to a cross on several occasions. I've also been proven correct more times than not.

Geology (or hard Earth Science), on the other hand, provides some intriguing possibilities. Thank you for the suggestion in research material. I'll check it out. :wink:

Now, back to the pics, videos, and topic..... :happy1:

I like Dog but I have no clue what he's trying to do or say. Anyway, go Dog.

I'm thankful I stumbled into an education, not schooling, when I was young. If the classic engineering classes weren't rigorous enough, at the same time we were required to have a solid understanding of fallacious arguments. It's all about problem solving. I like your detective analogy, but there aren't a lot of Columbos out there. Plenty of Edward Bernays wannabes though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread