Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree632Likes

Thread: Ancient ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2012
    51 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    dog is that a death trap? looks like if you moved the tablet the big rock would come down.

us
    Jan 2011
    3362 times
    thanks for that u tube post ss,ill have to watch some clips. it is strange,some of the stones you see that sure look alien.

us
    Jan 2011
    3362 times
    billythekidder, it sure could be a death trap. good call on that, without knowing that there is a lighting bolt in the area, that hadji had picked out. i also like the other things you spotted. i have another site, that has a head profile with the hair blowing back like that.

us
    Jan 2011
    3362 times
    hey shortstack, you dont hear much about the dark side and its relationship to treasure. glad to hear you bring it up again. what do you think the demons and devils have to do with treasure? any thoughts? if was used and by who?
    dogtthAttachment 676166
    Crosse De Sign likes this.

us
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits."~Albert Einstein

Jan 2007
    Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
    383 times
    Well, dog, that is a good question. Since I am not a learned person on the subject of early Spanish explorers and their religious practices, I cannot say with any certainty that they used devil / demon likenesses. BUT, I have a hard time believing that they actually WOULD. Consider the time of the Inquisitions, not to mention the normal fears and superstitions felt by, not only the Spanish Conquistadors, but the Mexican peoples, too. Their Catholic based religious practices are filled with icons for every saint imaginable, in addition to the ones for Jesus and Mary. Would the ACTUALLY construct icons for the devil or demons........even in shadow forms or carvings on the trails to their "workd sites"? We are told, by the experienced researchers, that each expedition was accompanied by a Priest or Padre. Would THEY have condoned the use of any likenesses representing the devil or demons?? Good question. They did allow and , sometimes even instigated the mistreatment of the indigenous peoples they encountered in Mexico and the various sections of what is not the US. In some cases, even allowing the execution of some for some perceived heretical reasons.

I wonder if some of the horned, shadow figures could represent another group of people.........such as the Vikings or the groups from the MeseoAmerica area. Doesn't some of the masks used by the Aztecs, Incas, and Mayans have horns carved as part of the headress portions?? The native American tribes of North America had some Medicine Men / Shamans who used headresses with cows' horns attached.

There is a wide area of history that needs filling in by someone who is not afraid to buck the "conventional wisdom" of the main stream science community. There are a few "out there", but not enough........yet.

I wasn't going to mark anything on these last 2 photos, but I couldn't resist for long concerning the second one. I connected the 2 circles because the shadow figures look so much alike in the different areas. That's a long legged bear on the left edge, in the square.....with what might be some 20th century spraypaint graffitti above it in that other square....."6, 7, 9" ?? The other 3 squares enclose some interesting things to look closer at for clarity. The lower one in the center of the pic, seems to have a recessed area with a rock "head" hiding a cavity?? In the upper, center left square are what looks like several large carved letters. The right square (upper center) has a black triangle, a black tombstone (or shield) shape and a carved, long faced head. The square in the upper right section has a long, faced head carving.

There's several other things, but to mark anything else would just clutter up the pic.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the square just to the right side of the bear. There are some shapes that look like raised, carved figures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	62412a 031-dog tthr.jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	235.1 KB 
ID:	676258  
    Last edited by Shortstack; Sep 16, 2012 at 04:03 AM.
    heartquest and John_Arizona like this.
    "Dobie created the HUNGER............Von Mueller said, EAT". comment by HELM Associates on the dedication page of their book, Treaasure Lead Generation.

us
    Jan 2011
    3362 times
    thanks for your thoughts on the devil and demons, shorstack. i can say i do find them in the field, and they seem to be in more important areas then just the average trail signs, like mine or cache areas. i have seen them enough, in my area that i can spot the carving in stone used to cast the demon shadow with out seeing the shadow there. i never hear anyone mention them except you when you have pointed them out in photos.most i have seen are in shadow form. iam not sure who carved them. but i would think, what short time i have spent in the field,that surely if there where Spanish in the area where iam at working every day,that they surely would have spotted them and destroy them . unless they used them to scare people away,or to represent the evil of greed that riches can bring? i take it as a good sign when i spot the devil,those sites seem to be so much more important than others. but yet i think i have only heard you and lovnit mention it. maybe its something that shouldn't be talked about in treasure hunting,such as one of the secrets. thanks for the input ss.Attachment 676339Attachment 676340 p.s. shortstack,i used your ideal on rotating photos to spot things,worked on the second photo,wouldnt have spotted it without the tip.thanks
    Last edited by dog, the treasure hunter; Sep 16, 2012 at 10:26 AM.

us
    Jan 2011
    3362 times
    thanks for the mark up of the other photo shortstack. i belive the one sign you marked,is the sign for mine in the area,its the four sheared blocks in a square.thanksAttachment 676344
    Last edited by dog, the treasure hunter; Sep 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM.

us
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits."~Albert Einstein

Jan 2007
    Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
    383 times
    I appreciate you good comments, dog, but I can't claim the idea for rotating photos. I learned that from Old Dog and he is also one of the first to mention the devil shadow figures........he, Rockhopper2, and TertiaryJim. A couple of years ago, Rocky had a photo of a carved devil head and a Priest figure along side of each other at the opening of a small cave like place in a small rock group. And, a few feet away was a dolman. Now, think about THAT situation. LOL
    John_Arizona likes this.
    "Dobie created the HUNGER............Von Mueller said, EAT". comment by HELM Associates on the dedication page of their book, Treaasure Lead Generation.

us
    Amarillo Texas

Dec 2007
    Randal County
    722 times
    Hello Dog, it looks to me like your head is looking into the hillside when the true direction is really the " V " looking the reverse to the direction of the cache site, there Will Not be a distance indicator only a direction which is the horzional V, this may be the one of the two symbols used in a windrose, I would pay attention to the carvings all over that boulder, seek information from SS hes is good at seeing everything carved, may be X K or 24 and 11, 2nd book ( of Old Test ) 4th chapter 11 th verse KJ version
    heartquest likes this.
    Too Soon Old -- Too Late Smart

Charter Member
    us
    Rawhide

Nov 2010
    SouthWestern USA
    Etrac, F75, AT Pro.
    2002 times
    As always Dogs pictures are of good quality. I dont see everything posted, but would say more investigation is needed. Dog, have you looked at natural fault lines, or did a Geological history of the place? Knowing where mineral or gems have been found can help identify what was found before, and how it lays in the ground. Also, if correct some of this stone work is over a 1000 years old. I would suggest looking for old hard packed trails and seeing where they go. By chance, are we looking at the East Face?

us
    Jan 2012
    42 times
    Nice trail.
    heartquest likes this.

us
    Jan 2011
    3362 times
    thanks dsty for the info. on the head profile and v., ill have to do more work at that site.

us
    Jan 2011
    3362 times
    thanks casca, yes it is east.. thanks for the info on checking whats in the area mineral wise.and the ideal of some carvings are much older. thanks charliejr. good to see you back. hope you post some of your ideals on the signs,i liked reading the stuff.

us
    Jan 2012
    42 times
    Thanks dog, I just been getting kicked around by the admins a little bit. Think I'm going to put a pdf together or somethin. Somethin for people to ponder and use. I am no expert, nor do I wanna be. I just read, write, and go out to local places when I am able. Keep up the good work and I hope you find somethin.

us
    Jan 2011
    3362 times
    hey charliejr. , i did find something, a kidney stone and some other type of shape? is this some type of ancient symbol?Attachment 677813

Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links