Ancient ?

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bonuntr:
The small stones in the areas that I've circled were placed there on purpose by the hands of man and not some glacial action. YOU are on the scene. Do YOU think those stones were put there by natural actions that somehow held that large top rock up while "it" placed the very small rocks into strategic spots to hold it into place? Also, that larger stone, jammed into position to hold the pointer stone in IT'S position?

You asked for opinions. Did you also ask for some self appointed "expert" to make snide remarks to others who posted their opinions???? This "expert" has been known to harvest other folks' info and turn it into his own in a few months. He's trying to do that right now with the drill holes. Another member introduced those drill holes as possible clues a couple of years ago, if not longer, and this expert posted then that he'd never heard of them being used that way, yet NOW he's giving out advice on their meanings WITHOUT giving credit to the person who has been teaching us all. Beware of folks bearing "gifts" by PM's.

12 foot head and pointer--bonuntr.JPG

Mileaway

Aug 15, 2011
Sonora,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - Prospector
Fan Astrolab

Thanks dog for this very cool pic. It has one element i have long wondered about so am quite happy to get a little clue on it. All the other is nice to see to. Not ancient of course , earliest i have seen that one instrument like a fan in depiction is about 1240 or so.

Is this it?
220px-Astrolabe_quadrant_England_1388.jpg
Astrolab-English 1388 now in British Museum

:-) M

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry for getting upset lol, just had my shorts wrapped too tight lately.

Just adding some interesting photos.

Last edited:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's actually about 7 faces in this photo, but some may be natural.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure looks like it, doesn't it?

Not too long ago, I was reading an article about a long lived Desert Tortoise that was released back into the wild after some problem. That's not the important part of the article to me, though. The important thing to ME was the further information in the article about Desert Tortoise once being very, very plentiful throughout the west and southwest high and low deserts.

When I read that article, it dawned on me that the turtles folks have found on their trails are not Sea Turtles, but are actually DESERT TORTOISES. Now, as to your photo. A tortoise on top of a tortoise could be representing the mating season of Desert Tortoises. I've seen it posted that some sun and shadow signs are meant to be seen during certain times of the year. Well, do some research into the mating habits of the Desert Tortoise to find out what time of year they turn to mating. Maybe that is when the shadow / sun signs can be seen.

Does that make any sense?? Why else carve / sculpt a pair of mating turtles??

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the mating tortoises are the ultimate treasure sign, mating mean eggs,which means buried in the dirt, much like gold or silver bars

I don't doubt that at all Ragler. My point was that any signs needing the sun to be shining from a particular angle / direction just MIGHT be had during the month the Desert Tortoise is "in the mood" and that those signs just might give more accurate info for direction / distance to the honey hole. Just something else to consider.

saksall1935

Greenie
Oct 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, what a great place for an old man who likes to sit in a chair and read, i have been reading and looking at all the great pictures that you have posted for about 6 months now, and have become an expert, i love it it is wonderful to be an expert so meney thanks, especialy dog the treasure hunter, short stack, desty, and lost horse, and all the others who spend the time to post. thank you again, saksall the nubie.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turtle on top of a Turtle?
View attachment 889820

I have found mating turtles near a hidden entrance to a mine. You may already know this and just teasing us lol. I bet within a 100' feet of the monument is other signs. While SS refers to shadow signs, there are other dark signs that can be seen all year round. Arranged rocks or carving were not the only things they used. Here is a few examples of what to look for:

Priest3.jpg This priest appears to be dragging a bag, but that actually is a light sign of the priest and a confirmation. But wait there is more.

womanlookingdown.jpg Here the priest is part of a much larger picture. If you look at the light colored head on top of the priest, you see the shape of a woman looking down. To keep it simple I wont say more. Just a example of how they made signs.

priest2.jpg This is a heart and a dagger painted on a rock. Also points to area where the priest is painted. Notice they used a dye here also.

This is a old dig for me. It is not where folks think it is. There is one a few miles away just like it.

Dec 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone checked out the book by Mike Clayton (Conclusion to the original Peralta maps)? I'm pretty sure that he has figured out the location of the Peralta mine/treasure based on very good logic. He basically tells you exactly where it is with pictures. There is also a death trap associated with it and besides being nailed by the feds with a felony may be a good deterrent also. Good book but a but expensive. I'm pretty confident in his findings though. Sees he has put all the pieces together.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sooooo...........is "Mike Clayton" Ragler's street name?? LMAO After all, he's the only one I know of who has claimed to have decoded the Peralta map stone(s) AND he has an over priced book for sale. :)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread