OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theres another area about 1000 yards from here, that cant be seen from here. it has what appears to be a giant chair sitting there, that chair? faces that giant turtle, theres other large stones there,that appears to be arranged. its down in a nice flat area. i only photographed it from far off. i want to get down there to get some photos,and work it with the metal detector.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I'm having a lot of trouble getting my posts accepted but DogTTH has posted some real good information and pictures and I wanted him to know how much I appreciate him sharing this information. The Tanit symbol is outstanding as well as the other things he's photographed at his sites.

Although his site was probably a religious shrine, it could have been put there as one of many shrines along an ancient trade route. Trade has created and destroyed empires and shaped lives for as long as it took somebody to figure out that he could swap something he had in exchange for an object he desired. Trade trails can link communities or continents and they are fascinating to study. In the eastern half of the United States, the Mound Builder cultures had huge trading networks that spread west to the obsidian deposits in the Yellowstone region, north into Canada and south to the Gulf of Mexico and maybe even into Mexico.

Some people of religion would avoid a site like Dog's because of the signs of pagan worship, but those signs are only one prehistoric layer of the history of the trail. His site might have started out as a campsite close to water or some source of food. Close examination of the site could reveal arrowheads or other artifacts from the Paleo or Archaic periods. If the campsite was located along a trail that went from one area of economic importance to another, the trail would continue to be used and the campsites would become larger and spiritual shrines or monuments would be constructed so that the traders could worship while they were on the trail. The artifacts and structures left behind can help date a trail and reveal the cultures that used it. So, more likely than not, the pagan shrines were put there because of the trail and the location of the campsite. If the pagan stuff bothers you, look for the other layers of history.

I have found the study of the trade trails, and the products that were moved along them, to be very interesting and I hope those of you who enjoy historical research, will give this area of study a try.

OP
OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lots of gem stones in this area,to go along with the silver and gold for trade.+ if those green stones do glow in the moon light,i bet you could get alot of beaver pelts for them. from the chair site. View attachment 1123436

saksall1935

Greenie
Oct 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHAT A GREAT LITTLE ANIMIAL YOU HAVE THE GREATEST PICTURES THANK YOU FOR SHARING

saksall1935

Greenie
Oct 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHAT A GREAT LITTLE ANIMIAL YOU HAVE THE GREATEST PICTURES THANK YOU FOR SHARING ( SAKSALL)

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
Hey dog, I like your little dog. Don't try to feed him::::::: looks like he's got his eyes on his master. Good luck there.

In Deep

Nov 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like a snake just crawled out from under your dog
That's a nice nice sign

OP
OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To give you guys a heads up, when i got home today and was going over my photos, some persons name kept coming up in my photos,in a white block, black letters. i got it out of there,dont know why he used his name, i looked him up, he's a photographer,maybe someone is setting him up? or maybe its a test to see if they where able to get in,by me making a comment about it. maybe there looking for a free facial massage , and some free dental work.:laughing7: so if you download these photos,make sure you run them thru some type of scan.

hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois
some1 said yesterday bout the shadow snake comming off the porcipine now when i add dark to the chicken it also has a snake or pointer that appears to point up the hill?

OP
OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hadji009 the chicken is facing down a slight grade,there is a small wash behind it, i think i have a photo of it, taken from up on the standing stone. ill post it.

hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois
u might have a number here. P2161340 (1)numbeeeer.jpg

OP
OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well, another strange thing happened when i logged in today. i had 44 notification on my pm header yesterday, now i have zero. looks like someone got into my pm's now. I had pm bountr the name of the person that was appearing on my photos, i guess they wanted to see the name. I pretty sure what smoked them out, I dangled a carrot on a stick, after that post,things got strange. not sure what to do now,maybe crash and burn,and rise from the ashes like the Phoenix? So if anyone gets a pm from me,it might be a scam,just giving you all a heads up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread