Rabbit and Square Stone

Chas

Aug 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey All, I am going to post three pictures. The first picture is a over all shot of rabbit and the stone. The second and third will be crops of the first picture. In the first close up is the rabbit. My first thoughts hole. The stone to the left of the rabbit looks like a one & seven, ok a 1-7 or 17.

The reason I think 17 is I have more then one on this site.

The second stone to the left of the rabbit look like 321, if someone can confirm that, well I would have the measurements to a triangle. But thats a BIG IF.
In the the second picture is a square stone sitting on a pedestal, my thoughts, box/chest maybe 90 degrees just don't know.

Would love your thoughts. Thank You The Student Chas IMG_3386-003.JPG

IMG_3023-001.JPG IMG_3027-001.JPG IMG_3386-003.JPG

Last edited:

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
maybe a sun sign is trying to appear.....

Sorry Chas, I dont see any rabbit,. use paint.net, for free to circle your rabbit..
sometimes numbers are used, but normally on an Alpha Monument, so that it cannot be misread as numbers when they are just graffiti, and when they are used on Alpha Monuments they are mostly 3 digit numbers showing the compass bearings to the Omega..single numbers like a letter A can be used here as well, mostly a single letter will be followed by a number showing you a Bible Verse like P8 standing for proverbs chapter 8....

The second stone to the left of the rabbit look like 321, if someone can confirm that, well I would have the measurements to a triangle. But thats a BIG IF.

Triangles are NOT automatically used at every site...each site [omega] will point out what is the next step in the cache trail always pointed out by the different elements of the monument, decoded to Distance and Direction to the next sign.

In the the second picture is a square stone sitting on a pedestal, my thoughts, box/chest maybe 90 degrees just don't know.
I do see the squarish rock you are referring to and it does NOT mean chest..when confirmed by at least one other real sign or mark it does have a meaning, I will pm you that, as there is no need for the hard core pareidoliac to learn inside lingo to use later as some ancient sign..

what I am excited about in your pic is the brilliant sun sign that is trying to develop [ I think]
in to a real sign...At least it deserves more pics as the sun moves across the sky..it might be a pointer even now...if you can safely take a compass bearing on the long line coming off the triangle shape it might confirm it, if it is a cardinal point on the compass rose...
all in all I think you might have something here..so keep taking pics at different times of the day - but for sure at the high noon timeline if you havent all ready..
via con dios
rangler
Would love your thoughts. Thank You The Student ChasThe reason I think 17 is I have more then one on this site. View attachment 647201

I wish you well and keep us posted...
View attachment 647202 View attachment 647203 View attachment 647201 [/QUOTE]

Last edited:

RCarson

Jun 20, 2012
I see the square rock sitting on the shelf just to the left and a little lower than the light coming through the rock. I also see what looks like a fish. Is a fish anything?

RCarson

Jun 20, 2012
Now my next question is not meant to be taken wrong, I'm just trying to figure this stuff out. If they are hiding treasure do you really think that they would have time to carve a crevice in the rock at an exact heading and do so so that it doesn't look like it was broken off? And carve a square rock and a rock that looks like a fish?

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
I agree. I think your rabbit is a fish. The ears are not charactertistic of a rabbit but do look like a fish's tail.

OP
OP
Chas

Chas

Aug 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Ranger, RCarson and Desertmoons;

I will have you Guys & Gal know, I had send my poor Rabbit to therapy, he stater to think is was a fish. LOL

Ranger, I am going to post first the Rabbit, I circle the Rabbit, the 17 and 312 I hope you all can see them ok, still new at this.

The sun signs are so COOL I wish I could show you the ones I lost, but I will show you what I have. In one picture you will see ( I Hope ) a half of a face in the face is a arrow pointing at a B or 8, I always thought they look aztec, but you be the judge. And more pictures, yes there on to do list.

RCarson, I am just a student here to, but the thing that I can say some signs & symbols have more then one meaning. The fish means water.

Now DM, I laugh so hard it hurt my sides. I hope you enjoy my FISH

The Student Chas

OP
OP
Chas

Chas

Aug 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_3023-003.JPG IMG_3151-001.JPG IMG_3294-001.JPG IMG_3393-003.JPG

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chas:
Here is something that has been bugging me. Doesn't this area of dark outline look like a skyline of mesas / hills at sundown or sunup??

IMG_3023-001-chas.JPG

OP
OP
Chas

Chas

Aug 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey SS, I told you, you have the eyes of a 10 yr. old And YES it does. I will have make a drawing and check out the skyline. GOOD EYE SS. When I was checking out the skyline, the hole beween the owls ear (LOL) and his hip. If you rotate the picture 90 degrees to the right, you have a bird.

I don't think I would seen that bird on the Rabbit if not for looking at the skyline, I just don't think I would have found that bird. Thank You, SS Do you see the Rabbit now? Thats so COOL old guy. Thanks

Thanks Again SS Chas

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chas:
That fish on the end is looking back in the direction of the possible skyline drawing. It has been written on this forum that the Spanish sometimes used a depression like bowl shape to hold water so a MIRROR IMAGE of a symbol or drawing could be seen. I wonder if that fish is a sign to try a mirror image of that outline. Soooo, draw a straight copy of it, then, do a mirror image copy so you can check out both views. Be sure to label which is which for your records.

OP
OP
Chas

Chas

Aug 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SS, I need two things from you, Please; Do you see the Rabbit and second where is this Fish?

Chas

billythekidder

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chas I see the rabbit...I marked red circles the sun signs the arrow and the wolf howling at the moon...yellow circle the fish fish.JPG

billythekidder

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a mirror image on the skyline and noticed a sun... sun.JPG that could indicate time.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chas

Chas

Aug 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Billy, Please tell me I am talking with the kidder, becuase the yellow circle is the Rabbit not a fish. LOL And it does look like a wolf, howling at the moon.

Thanks so much for reviseing the picture for me, so cool, and thanks for looking. The Student Chas

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chas:
The fish is what billythekidder circled in yellow and, by the way YOU circled in white, back up in the thread. LOL Anyway, I tagged the parts of the fish to make it easier to pick out AND I placed the tags outlside of the photo to prevent covering up some detail with the logo boxes. It's a raised carving / part 3-D figure. I circled the 2 stones on the left because they seem to have several letters / symbols on them that may or maynot be manmade. I can't make out your rabbit, but that is NOT saying it's not there. That large, incised carving I originally circled as a rabbit or long eared owl is the only one I see right now. If you would mark it, I'd appreciate it. I do not see everything at once and one or two folks think I see things that are not there. THAT is why I haven't pointed out the several faces that nature has placed at this location. :) Don't want to confuse things OR give the "P" man something else to whine about. LOL
I would strongly urge you to follow the lead to that good campsite that a certain person told you about from your over all photo. When you find that spot, check it out thoroughly with a metal detector for relics such as horse paraphanalia such as "O" and "D" rings, concos, etc. and even a coin or two. Coins would really help you to date the campsite. I will also post a black and white negative of one of your photos as an example of how the use of negatives can bring out or affirm information.

IMG_3023-001-chas-outlined Merged.jpg

IMG_3023-001-chas-outlined-negative.jpg

OP
OP
Chas

Chas

Aug 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SS, Thank you so much for pointing out the fish. I really thought you all were kidding me. I still can't see that fish, and wish you guys and gal could see the Rabbit. Been hunting rabbit since I was 8 yrs. old, infact I have 10 rabbits in my freezer from last Feb. The whole time I was thinking, the artist that did the rabbit really knew how to captured the subject, and now its a fish. LOL

We both know that the Spanish would incorporate more then one thing in a sign, and I think that's what we have here. And that what's so good about posting your pictures, different eyes, see different things.

The rocks you circled in white, the top is the rock I said has the 312 on it. The 3 and 2 easy to see but the 1 is a little harder see. If its is a 1.

And yes to the campsite, I think I read on this froum that campsite were about 7 mi. apart, is that correct? I also read that someone found alot of horse tack, that would be fun.

I want to thank you all for looking at this post and calling it the way you see it. Fish or Rabbit

Still the Blind Student Chas LOL

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chas, I think I now see your rabbit. After enlarging the photo to 300 percent, I could see some dark spots for the eye and nose. The area in white looks like a rabbit head with long ears and crossed front legs. The rabbit forms the rear part of the fish (outlined in red).

IMG_3023-001-chas-outlined-rabbit and fish.jpg

I thought there is a black line drawing of a fish on the carved body, until I rotated the pic 90 degrees to the left and here's what came up. What do YOU seeon the fish's body?

IMG_3023-001-chas-outlined-rotated.jpg

OP
OP
Chas

Chas

Aug 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey SS: You hit it right on the head. Thats the Rabbit.

When you trun it 90 degrees I think I see why you guys call it a fish. Thats the vantage I think in having the real picture instead of a posted one. I could see the eyes and nose real easy.

It would be nice if the people viewing the posted picture, could the the things that the person posting it sees. Thanks teacher for reminding about the using of a negative.

When I look at the picture in a negative form, I did not see the 312. It was someing like 0322, hard to really tell. But now I know its not 312.

Don't forget to rotate the picture 90 degrees to the right to see the bird.

Still the Student Chas SS For got to tell, I have a lead on that campsite, that are friend was talking about. 11.38 mi.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions