Just Drill Holes

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope I'm on the right thread. Do these look like drill holes to anyone besides me? They are in a cave. What do you think? View attachment 1397565 View attachment 1397566 View attachment 1397568
They do look like drill holes. Would take a bearing on each hole in relationships to each other. You say it's in a cave. How far inside are you? I see up at the top right some numbers. It may be giving you the measurements. Let us know.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

maccounty

Jan 7, 2016
SwMissouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Minelab go find 60 Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how far in the cave I was without measuring but I'd guess 100 or 120 feet. Here is some pictures of the inside. 20170102_132113.jpg 20170102_131901.jpg 20170102_131333.jpg

maccounty

Jan 7, 2016
SwMissouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bottom picture is the back of the cave where it has fell in or was blasted down maybe. I was told by my grandpa that it was used during the Civil war. Very few people know of this cave it's well hidden. I can only think of one person besides me that knows of it. My grandpa has been dead for awhile now or I'd ask more questions about it. The entrance is quite small.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does that cave have a split in it. How far is the water source in it. I think you need to talk to Sands or some one who has been in a vault. It would make me want to go where the cave in is. But you need more help. Try getting a picture with light at the other end without the light showing. I'm looking for signs or symbols. I think I could see some in first few pics. But need verified by someone else. You need to get outside rocks pictures at entry. Just to see if there is any indication that it is a Jesuit or some other order.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed the same thing as tinhorn. Just be careful at this point. There could be a floor trap or bait box type trap. How bad is the cave in part. It almost looks staged.

maccounty

Jan 7, 2016
SwMissouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Backwoodsbob, yes it splits. It goes to the left and kind of fizzles out, getting lower and lower and then kind of splits again. I didn't want to go much farther for fear of getting stuck. The cave in is kind of straight ahead to the right a little. As for water source there is none in the cave but there is a spring outside that comes out of the same hill.

maccounty

Jan 7, 2016
SwMissouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is some close ups of the cave in I took while I was in there. It may be a few days till I can get back in there because of work. 20170102_131438.jpg 20170102_131430.jpg 20170102_131413.jpg

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is also something on the stone in last picture. When you go back leave light in the same position. Take your pictures from the rt. Side at different angles. I can't make out the writing on it right now. There is writing all over the place. It may not be legible to you but it's there. Anyone that knows this can tell you. Nice find.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mac ,in the first pic. Of the last set. Does that go up there? If you don't know don't go up to it without looking for a trap. Don't want no injuries.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take a compass reading so you can give us the direction in pictures. Thanks for sharing

Gabriel Maza

Apr 25, 2016
Sinaloa
Detector(s) used
garret 350 and Gemini 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go on the right side, I see besides the heart an OWL dDD.jpg

maccounty

Jan 7, 2016
SwMissouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input tinhorn, backwoodsbob, and Gabriel Maza. I'm going to do some homework and I'm sure I'll have more questions. You all know a lot more about it than I do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions